View Poll Results: Should a Fair Play Charter be created?
YES! It’s a great idea, implement it now! 11 50.00%
Hmm… how about NO? 10 45.45%
Write-in! 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 28, 2003, 00:58   #31
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 20:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
You see, to me it's useless, time-wasting spam. I come on to read messages since soandso user has posted a new message and I follow the link and find just more binary.

I don't care if you can decode it, if somebody else can figure out how to decode it, or if it's all just a bunch of 1s and 0s I still look at it as simple that takes some 48.8k time from my surfing 'poly and slows down all my tabs' load times because of it.

Private jokes are fine and dandy at the expense of the other factions you blankety Parrots, but there's a matter of respect here for a fellow 'poly poster who gets overly excited at the thought of a new message to read that seems to be lacking consideration.
I agree, my friend. Maybe we should set up a limit of how many coded/spam messages one (or one team) can post per day. (But they'll again criticize me for not being able to live another day without inventing rules to restrict people.) I think the important thing is self control. You probably have already noted that we, the Hive, being a most creative and effecient faction that has invented (censored by the department of misinformation) coding systems have only posted less than 5 of such posts.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; May 28, 2003 at 01:05.
Old May 28, 2003, 01:03   #32
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 21:25
Fine, fine, forget the code, I'll find something else to do, hopefully more productive.
Old May 28, 2003, 01:06   #33
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Cedayon
Fine, fine, forget the code, I'll find something else to do, hopefully more productive.
What have you been doing with the codes?

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 28, 2003, 06:22   #34
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash
You see, to me it's useless, time-wasting spam. I come on to read messages since soandso user has posted a new message and I follow the link and find just more binary.
I agree as well. It's amusing for a time, then quickly becomes annoying. Since nothing useful is in the coded messages, it's difficult to roleplay breaking them.

Old May 28, 2003, 06:46   #35
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 03:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm with FlameFlash. While I have fast internet access loading up this forum only to find another bunch of zeroes and ones is kinda annoying. Especially when Poly isn't cranking out the pages as a slicked weasel. It was kinda funny for a while, but it's outgrown it's amusement value long ago. Make jokes at other's expense in the private forum - that's what factions who can still enjoy jokes do!
Old May 28, 2003, 08:03   #36
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Pirate Code
We say
Attached Images:

Old May 28, 2003, 09:19   #37
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:25
WOW - PEACE have passenger-carrying needlejets already - and an air terminal too!!
Old May 28, 2003, 14:34   #38
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion

You can ignore the messages if you wish.
no you can't. considering each one of your messages takes up good size of space and everyone of you creates replys in it, you cant ignore them because they disrupt the flow of the discussion.
Old May 28, 2003, 14:46   #39
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MRT144

no you can't. considering each one of your messages takes up good size of space and everyone of you creates replys in it, you cant ignore them because they disrupt the flow of the discussion.
How about a special thread for coded messages only? This way people who like coding/decoding can have their fun, but people who don't aren't affected by them.
Old May 28, 2003, 15:55   #40
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

That'd be OK, SU. So long as it stays there.
Old May 28, 2003, 17:39   #41
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Static Universe

How about a special thread for coded messages only? This way people who like coding/decoding can have their fun, but people who don't aren't affected by them.
Sounds like a good idea to me!

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 28, 2003, 18:15   #42
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:25
If everyone else don't mind, I don't mind.
Old May 28, 2003, 19:10   #43
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 02:25
Well, ok, we could keep it to threads for our faction (like the Cybernetic News Service thread) but seriously, this would have to be volantary IMHO. If someone draws up a volantary code, then we can see if it's ok, but to impose what we can or cannot post seems very harsh, when it is game related. And some of the posts wouldn't work being on the main forum. DGs are a lot about roleplay, and this is one of the biggest roleplays about us.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 28, 2003, 19:22   #44
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:25
Fair enough, now on with the evil Hive ciphers.
Old May 28, 2003, 19:45   #45
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Static Universe

now youre talking!
Old May 28, 2003, 21:29   #46
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

If everybody's so vehemently against it, then I guess we can. There goes the fun .
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old May 28, 2003, 21:32   #47
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Could we continue to post code in the main forum if we ensure that it is not the only thing in the post? I don't think you'd have objections if there was some code in a larger stand-alone post.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old May 28, 2003, 22:01   #48
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

No. that's just an escape clause.

And when does some code become the major part of the post. There would be posts about what constitutes a minor and major part.
Old May 29, 2003, 17:28   #49
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

What happens when we wish to write an answer, and then a secret thing (maybe what we really mean ) in the same post? That not allowed?

I agree with Corellion: There goes our fun

Old May 29, 2003, 18:08   #50
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
What happens when we wish to write an answer, and then a secret thing (maybe what we really mean ) in the same post? That not allowed?

I agree with Corellion: There goes our fun
This whole thing is getting more and more emotional and illogical, isn't it? But I agree that this could be allowed as long as it is related to something in the same post that we our pirate friends can and understand.

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 29, 2003, 18:36   #51
Drogue
staff

Well, that was OOC. In character, we would simply say that they are being illogically scared of what they do not understand, and would reassert our dominance through non-compliance. Good thing we're OOC