Old May 31, 2003, 14:14   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 18:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
if the AI does something bad to you, whose attitude does it hurt?
In a recent game my ally, Hiawatha, tried to put spies in my country and I caught him 3 times. He was still gracious I think. Does this make me annoyed towards him? Does your civ have an attitude towards other civs? It angered me because if I did the same to him we'd have very bad relations.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old May 31, 2003, 15:18   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:47
No, no attitudes for the human player; after all, you can keep track of it yourself. You're free to declare war, though; just wait for all your deals to expire and you can do it without ruining your rep.
Old May 31, 2003, 18:48   #3
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 18:47
I wish there was a way to tell the AI after he's done something bad to you, "What you did really pissed me off. The only reason I'm not nuking you is because we're good friends."
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old May 31, 2003, 20:02   #4
bobbo008
Prince

Local Time: 20:47
I'm sure the US and the USSR have exchanged that quote many times...
Old June 2, 2003, 14:08   #5
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 21:47
I think that this is a finer point of diplomacy. There have been many times I have wanted to tell the Ai "If you settle by that iron I'm coming after you!" I just don't see that the AI would have the capibility of evaluating some of the more subtle facets of relationships. If it could though, that would be very cool.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll