Old June 1, 2003, 19:22   #1
shai2003
Settler

Local Time: 02:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CivIII: Special Channel on New Blogging Site (Strategy and More!)
Hey All,
Its my first post here, but I thought it would be a good place to bounce around an idea for a site I'm working on.

I am part of a team of programmers and designers developing www.MindSay.com, which will be a new blogging community with special content for those interested in computer gaming. One thing we're doing is having specialized "channels" -- basically making the site completely customizable to our users interests. So, for instance, if you subscribed to a "Civilization III" channel on MindSay, you would see recent / featured / popular / etc blogs of other like minded channel members, in addition to some RSS feeds we are setting up for relevant web sites. We also have plans to bring in some professionals to blog for us.

Anyways, the reason I post is to ask for your input on this idea!

This looks like a great gaming web site and I thought, as such, this would be a good place to get some feedback. Currently, we plan on offering advertisement-free “yourname.mindsay.com” and some other unique features. If you're interested we have a more full description and an "early" registration period going @ www.mindsay.com.

Please, when you get a chance, provide some feedback on this idea – I very much would like your opinion on the site, and suggestions for improvements and developments. Specifically, please let me know your thoughts on the gaming channel concept or general ideas about MindSay.

Thanks a lot!
Shai Dardashti
Old June 1, 2003, 20:20   #2
MattH
King

1'st, how much will all this cost?

Second, there is a great CIV III community- Apolyton!

Third- Yes, I did enter the contest anyways
Old June 1, 2003, 20:58   #3
shai2003
Settler

It's 100% free!

www.MindSay.com
Old June 2, 2003, 09:39   #4
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 20:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Nice.

Sounds like a good idea, with one issue--there already IS a great Civ3 community, it's called Apolyton

I'll check it out when it launches.
Old June 2, 2003, 15:43   #5
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 21:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
As long as it's a "free" site, Apolyton has no problem with you promoting another gaming site with a "single thread"... please limit your efforts to this thread

(oh... and I did delete your thread in the RoN section... again, only ONE thread is allowed, and this one at least had some activity)

If you continue to post here... you might want to include a link to the site in your signature... we do allow that as well as long as it's a free site.

Good luck with your venture.