Old June 4, 2003, 16:32   #1
sovhills
Settler

Local Time: 03:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
PBEM Game: Looking for players to begin PBEM game.
Hello,

I would like to begin a new PBEM game of SMAC (vanilla plain smac.. no mods) that would be friendly to newbies (veterans definitely welcome!!). The rules would be set with newbies in mind and email communications between players will be "allowed" throughout the game regardless of the in game communications status (like sunspots preventing in-game comunique or not having "met" that person in the game yet, etc).. In general I would like all players involved to take 1 turn per day during weekdays and weekend turns are optional/not required. Please let me know if you would like to join in the game (my email address is sovhills@soverdyne.com) and we can firm up the rest of the game rules then.
Old June 7, 2003, 09:50   #2
DilithiumDad
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I am up for it! I'm no newbie so I should get a more "difficult" faction like Morgan or Spartan. I sugest 4 humans and 3 AI.
Old June 7, 2003, 10:16   #3
sovhills
Settler

thanks for the reply
Great! I'm not sure if we need another player though (many people have already emailed me directly saying they'd like to play BUT I just sent an email out to everyone to verify that they are in or out and so far no one has replied directly to me.. So we still may need more players. Please email me directly if you still want in and I can let you know directly if we need another player. Thanks again for your response!

Quote:
Originally posted by DilithiumDad
I am up for it! I'm no newbie so I should get a more "difficult" faction like Morgan or Spartan. I sugest 4 humans and 3 AI.
Old June 7, 2003, 11:39   #4
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 23:00
If you guys want, I can CMN, build the map/ game, or just hold the passwords. Let me know if your interested, and I'll proceed accordingly.

D

-=Vel=-
Old June 7, 2003, 12:44   #5
sovhills
Settler

Thanks..
Hello again..

Thanks for your offer.. Since I last replied to your post only 2 out of the 5 players have responded to my request to start the game.. I am going to wait until Tuesday afternoon for the final tally.. and at that point I'll let you know if we could use another player or will need any of the other services you are offering..

Thanks again and talk to you later,
sovhills
Old June 9, 2003, 11:40   #6
sheridangreen
Settler

I would be interested in playing. As you can see by my post tally, I am pretty new to these forums, but I have been lurking for a while and reading up on old strategy posts. I've also been playing AC/AX for years, but have never tried a Multiplayer game. SO, if you are interested in teaching my the procedures of PBEM and all, I would be willing to be a part of the game! I'll send you an e-mail too, to see if you are still taking players.
Old June 9, 2003, 17:45   #7
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 23:00
Quote:
Originally posted by sheridangreen
SO, if you are interested in teaching my the procedures of PBEM and all, I would be willing to be a part of the game!
Check out Dreifel's site , which lists step by step how to play a PBEM turn, as well as some other neat items. There is also The SMAC Academy which has a large volume of data on how to excelerate your PBEM playing skills.

D
Old June 25, 2003, 00:03   #8
jschwab
Warlord

Local Time: 19:00
Another non-newbie here who would be interested. Believers or Gaians would be faction of choice.

JAS
Old June 25, 2003, 11:39   #9
sovhills
Settler

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my PBEM post. Unfortunately, we already have a full lot of players and have begun the game as of about 2 weeks ago. However, as is the case with MANY PBEM games.. it could be that we may need someone to "take over" a faction if that person is unable to play the game to the finish. If this is the case, would you like me to notify you should we need someone to take over a faction?

Please let me know!

Thanks!
Old June 29, 2003, 12:45   #10
Hazza
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Settler

Its great 2 know people are still playing this! I love this game, and i'm no noob either. I know the game has already started but it would be great to be able to play on the internet against people since I haven't done that for so long. If I was to play Multiplayer I'd be the Gaians or the Peacekeepers. Get back to me, coz i really want to play multiplayer again.
Old July 2, 2003, 19:54   #11
sheridangreen
Settler

The game has already been underway for quite a few weeks, sorry! However, it looks like a couple people have already expressed interest in playing, so why doesn't somone start a new thread called "Lookin to start a new PBEM" or something, and I'm sure the players will flock!

Sheridan