Old June 4, 2003, 18:39   #1
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 20:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Washington State has the worst drivers
When i was on my 14 hour drive to Seattle yesterday i encountered the worst drivers ever in washington. not only do they obey the speed limit in the left lane, they also refuse to move over if there is another driver behind them going faster.

needless to say, i was pissed off and started zipping in and out of lanes just to bypass the worst drivers in america.

other than that seattle is a great place and im happy to be here.
Old June 4, 2003, 18:57   #2
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 22:00
Re: Washington State has the worst drivers
Quote:
Originally posted by MRT144
When i was on my 14 hour drive to Seattle yesterday i encountered the worst drivers ever in washington. not only do they obey the speed limit
The bastards!
Old June 4, 2003, 19:27   #3
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 20:00
dinodoc, as a californian, i was born without the genes that allow me to follow the speed limit.
Old June 4, 2003, 20:14   #4
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Local Time: 03:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Try Ohio. I drove from Buffalo to Birmingham and it took me longer to get through Ohio than the rest of the trip combined (maybe a slight exaggeration, but only slight). They drive ten miles below the speed limit in the left hand lane with their left blinker on hitting their breaks every forty-five seconds and refused to be intimidated by wreckless driving or firearms.
Old June 4, 2003, 20:16   #5
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 23:00
Re: Washington State has the worst drivers
Quote:
Originally posted by MRT144
When i was on my 14 hour drive to Seattle yesterday i encountered the worst drivers ever in washington. not only do they obey the speed limit in the left lane, they also refuse to move over if there is another driver behind them going faster.
That is, without a doubt, the most irritating thing. I'm withya buddy!

Ever drive in Cincy? Rather pleasant - everybody going 80 miles per hour in bumper-to-bumper traffic. It's a mans city to drive in.
Old June 4, 2003, 21:18   #6
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Florida is easily the worst. First off, FIVE of the top ten worst driving cities in America are in Florida. There are three reasons for this. One, Souther drivers are f*cking morons. Two, the state is full of clueless lost tourists. Three, Eastern snowbirds think the universe revolves around them. Four, old people can't drive.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old June 5, 2003, 00:54   #7
mindseye
King

Local Time: 11:00
Quote:
When i was on my 14 hour drive to Seattle yesterday i encountered the worst drivers ever in washington.
Heh-heh - you need your sense of "bad driving" re-calibrated. After living in China, driving anywhere in the US seems amazingly orderly, civilized and ... quiet!

A fellow who lived in Sichuan province wrote a book about his experiences ("River Town" by Peter Hessler, great book). In the small city where he lived, cab drivers honked their horns so often that they moved the horn switch to the gear shift so it was more accessible!

Once, on a fifteen minute drive, he and a passenger counted the times the driver honked his horn: 566 times in 15 minutes, or 37 honks per minute!

After reading that, Shanghai traffic seemed much quieter!

Last edited by mindseye; June 5, 2003 at 01:04.
Old June 5, 2003, 01:58   #8
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 04:00
OH, in the US. I was going to say that beating the Italians would be tough.

Mind you, give them credit - you rarely get stuck behind a vehicle, usually you are wedged up against a tree with an Italian driven car smashed into one of your door panels.

The French ain't exactly safety concious either.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old June 5, 2003, 02:29   #9
Victor Galis
Emperor

My dad once got passed by a bus while he was doing 100 km/hr in downtown Milan. (Mind you this was on a street with traffic lights and people crossing and stuff.)
Old June 5, 2003, 12:28   #10
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

I was in a cab in London once and counted roughly seventeen "oh sh*t!" handles throughout the backseat. Used every one of 'em, too.
Old June 5, 2003, 12:34   #11
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

MRT144, you've never driven in Boston, have you? I doubt it, because I sincerely doubt it gets much worse (in the US).

And to the speed-limit-doers in the left lane: IF YOU'RE NOT PASSING ANYONE, GET THE **** OUT OF THE PASSING LANE! Thank you.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old June 5, 2003, 13:54   #12
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 21:00
Here in Arkansas, most of our cars are strewn about the front lawn in 6 pieces anyways, but we drive pretty good (when we have paved roads ). There's not a lot of people who drive 10 miles under like you described;.

Quote:
There are three reasons for this. One, Souther drivers are f*cking morons. Two, the state is full of clueless lost tourists. Three, Eastern snowbirds think the universe revolves around them. Four, old people can't drive.
Old June 6, 2003, 07:16   #13
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

MY STATE OR COUNTRY HAS THE WORST DRIVERS! WE'RE FAR WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE! UNLESS I'M ENGLISH, IN WHICH CASE I THINK IT'S THOSE STINKIN' ITALIANS!

Old June 6, 2003, 08:14   #14
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
Florida is easily the worst. First off, FIVE of the top ten worst driving cities in America are in Florida. There are three reasons for this. One, Souther drivers are f*cking morons. Two, the state is full of clueless lost tourists. Three, Eastern snowbirds think the universe revolves around them. Four, old people can't drive.
Is Tampa among them?
Old June 6, 2003, 09:03   #15
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arrian
MRT144, you've never driven in Boston, have you? I doubt it, because I sincerely doubt it gets much worse (in the US).

And to the speed-limit-doers in the left lane: IF YOU'RE NOT PASSING ANYONE, GET THE **** OUT OF THE PASSING LANE! Thank you.

-Arrian
I loved driving in Boston. Like Cincy, it is a pleasure to be among such like-minded motorists.
Old June 6, 2003, 09:04   #16
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Floridians might be bad drivers, but at least Southerners can count to four.
Old June 6, 2003, 09:08   #17
TheStinger
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Has anyone been in a car round the arc de Triomphe, that is scary
Old June 6, 2003, 09:17   #18
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

I was in Paris by car and not knowing the city. I arrived on a Wednesday during rush hour. It was an absolute mess. Good thing my hotel was near the Eiffel tower, which was not hard to find. Overall it's amazing, that my car during the week of my staying took only a very small dent on the driver's door. Ah well, parking damages seem to be normal there.
Old June 6, 2003, 13:39   #19
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT
Floridians might be bad drivers, but at least Southerners can count to four.
We like to call them Floridiots.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...