Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 5, 2003, 12:38   #1
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 22:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
All Hands on Deck - Research Poll - 2109
As some of you have already pointed out, we have the following tech choices at out disposal: ProgenPsych, BioGenetics, InfoNets and AppliedPhysics. To the best of my knowledge, the choices are invariant, given our situation (prior techs, starting techs, number of techs, faction or factional preferences, turn order, whatever the determining variables are). The Cuspidore had a slight leaning toward ProgenPsych and the impression that the crew was similarly inclined (so that's why the ship is leaning to starboard ); however, after checking out the recent posts by Cap'ns Maki and Hercules and after torturing talking to our University slave advisor and recalling some of the earlier thoughts by some of the other Cap'ns, methinks a quick sampling of opinion is in order. So, we have strung up 5 Hive prisoners fresh-caught Tuna here on the foredeck representing the 4 techs plus a 5th option - Aye Aye Sir - which will give your proxy to the Cuspidore. Just bury your dirk in the target of your choice and the Cuspidore , who, as was said above, is currently leaning toward ProgenPsych, but who may be swayed by whatever opinions are registered, will implement the Command of the Band.

Since the clock is running on the turn, please vote as soon as possible; the Cuspidore will wait until at least 6PM EDT, notwithstanding whatever Poly may indicate, (it is now about 12:30 PM EDT) before proceeding, unless a clearly decisive vote materializes sooner. [/i]As this is my first 'poll', my apologies in advance for any confusion/weirdness/extra-threads/whatever inadvertent blunders.[/i]
Old June 5, 2003, 12:49   #2
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 21:04
I wants spyships ASAP-- I love probes

Would have gladly gone for social psych if offered but since its not . . .
Old June 5, 2003, 13:44   #3
johndmuller
King

As self-appointed "Seer of the Tech Offerings" (as a result of extensive torture interviewing of our University slave advisor), I would like to offer the following theoretical tidbits:

Based on analysis of this games history of tech offerings/selections:
  • IndustBase, SocialPsych and Infonets (if not chosen as 4th tech) will definitely be offered next time;
  • at least 2 out of these 3 will not be offered - ProgenPsych, BioGenetics, AppliedPhysics;
  • additional techs (enabled by the 4th tech we research) may or may not be offered (...duh...).
Based on analysis of a few SP tests:
  • ProgenPsych is wild card and will be offered every turn until taken;
  • Biogen and AppPhys will not be offered next time;
  • (caveat) the initial offerings were not the same as in the test SP games indicating that the wild card determination could also be different.

So unless we are interested in BioGen or AppPhysics in the short run, it looks like next turn's offerings (when Social Psych is back in the mix) will offer a more agonizing choice.
Old June 5, 2003, 15:13   #4
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 04:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I favour the probes path tech, Info net. The more factions we can we can infiltrate in the early stages, when they have sparse probe defence, the better IMO.

I never found Progen Psych a tech many wanted to trade: it was something you traded or took advantage of late start game.
Old June 5, 2003, 19:26   #5
johndmuller
King

OK, we're going with InfoNets.

I've also signed on with Cap'n Flubber's suggestion to recall the Booty-Check to Tripoli, to offload the Infantry Former we will rush build there, then go to 'Rita for and then Liar's for similar offloading of Formers (and the Scout for the Pod-Check at Treasure Islet) and then back to Tripoli, where the Infantry ColonyPod will be picked up for Morgan's Boot. I think I worked out all the logistics more or less well enough so that all this will happen with minimal rush building or waiting around and will post the details when time permits.
Old June 7, 2003, 16:38   #6
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 21:04
I still do want 3res armor ASAP however.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old June 8, 2003, 12:14   #7
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

Local Time: 03:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Arrgh! It isn't letting me vote.

I wanted Info Net
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"