Old June 9, 2003, 21:30   #1
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 19:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Help! Mod Problems!
I just installed CtP2, then the 1.1 patch, then set DebugSLIC to No, then Modswapper 1.12, then the mods, Cradle, MedPack, and ApolytonPack. Modswapper and all mods were installed to the CtP2 root directory.

I run modswapper and start a game using the 'Poly Pak. I start with 2 settlers, find a good city site and build a city. As soon as I do that the 2nd settler seems to go into patrol mode, no matter where I try to move him he wants to go to the city and then out/back continuously. Trying to move him elsewhere does no good, clearing orders does no good. This does not happen when I start an "original"game.

I tried MedPack and here I have different problems. It seems I am missing advances from the AdvanceDB(?), I get messages saying it can't find ADVANCE_MONARCHY, ADVANCE_DEMOCRACY, etc.

I know I have screwed things up due to my ignorance of how to install/handle/select mods but I have no idea what I have done wrong. I thought I followed the instructions in the mods readme files.

Can someone clue me in on how to install these things correctly, please? Thanks,

John
Old June 9, 2003, 22:07   #2
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 05:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The second Settler bug is a well known one in the SAP2.
As soon as you have built your first city, just put your second Settler to sleep before ending your turn. It will then stay where it is. Move it and put it asleep again before ending your turn, and so on... this bug disappears as soon as you build a city with it...

For the other issues you will unfortunately have to wait for the others to reply as I am only playing with the Apolyton Pack.
Old June 10, 2003, 13:58   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 05:18
For the second problem: This could be something related to the tutorial, you should disable the tutorial in MedPack II that tutorial is only written for the original game and with the modifications of MedPack II incompartible.

-Martin
Old June 10, 2003, 21:09   #4
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 19:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
After my first experience I uninstalled everything and started over. I am now running the Apolyton Pack without a problem, putting the settler to sleep does do the trick.

I'll have to try the Med Pack suggetion when I install it again, I know the tutorial mode was eenabled before (I had just installed the game).

Thanks for the help, and if anyone with experience installing several mods should read this, I would sure appreciate any tips or suggestions for avoiding conflicts, pitfalls, whatever, that you have to offer. Thanks a lot!

John
Old June 26, 2003, 15:26   #5
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 03:18
John-SJ, just make sure you follow all the steps in the right order as outlined in the relevant Mod thread or on the readme files that will come with the Mod. I had a hard time the first couple of times i tried it, mostly because i had rushed through a few things to get going and not read the readme's very thoroughly.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.