Old June 10, 2003, 05:49   #1
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

Local Time: 03:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Wierd things in CTP II
Wierd things have been happening to me in CTP II. Firstly, the game is constantly freezing throughout the game. It restarts after a time, but it gets annoying. Secondly, the game won't quit. I can save, but in order to get back to windows, I have to reset. I have XP, my drivers are up to date (and the first person who says to update my drivers will meet an unforutunate end) and I have the latest patch.

Can any one help me with this prediciment?

It is an original version, an Actavision Value pack. But what can you expect for $5?
Old June 10, 2003, 08:35   #2
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 05:21
Re: Wierd things in CTP II
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Zalzabad
It is an original version, an Actavision Value pack. But what can you expect for $5?
IMO the same thing as those that have bought the game at the full price...

About your problem I know several members have experienced some problems with XP and one has after having installed the latest DirectX version. The problem is that, as far as I can remember, DirectX cannot be uninstalled.

You should try installing or running the game in compatibility mode.

To install the game in compatibility mode, create a shortcut of the CD-ROM installation executable on your desktop, right click on it, select Compatibility and then select Run in Win98 compatibility mode. Double click on your shortcut to Install the game through your shortcut, the game should then run automatically in Win98 compatibility mode.

You can also try to run your current installed game in Compatibility mode. Once again, create a shortcut, right click on your CtP2 executable shortcut , select Compatibility and select Run in Win98 Compatibility Mode. Run the game with the modified shortcut.

I don't know if it will be of any help but this is something you can try.

Last edited by Tamerlin; June 10, 2003 at 08:43.
Old June 10, 2003, 08:38   #3
Tamerlin
King

Something that can also help, reduce the Hardware Acceleration of your Graphic Card by one rank.

Update your drivers...
Old June 10, 2003, 09:05   #4
Lord Zalzabad
Warlord

With dirext X, I am running 8.1. I will try what you said,Tamerlin with the Graphics card

(BTW< its not only this game, but others too, I think it could be my vidio card)
Old June 10, 2003, 09:29   #5
Tamerlin
King

I also think your Graphic Card or its driver is somehow guilty, going back to an older driver (the version preceding the latest one for example) can sometimes solve many problems.

Last edited by Tamerlin; June 10, 2003 at 09:34.
Old June 10, 2003, 15:03   #6
btn
Settler

Graphics drivers can be the Devil; when I fist installed CtP about a year ago it was unplayabe because the screen flickered so bad I could not even look at it. I tried all versions of the driver I could find and nothing worked. Just recently I tried again and the latest driver seems to have cleared it up...

Good luck!