View Poll Results: At what point should a "Penalty" (yet to be decided) be applied to the team?
Never apply a penalty, just warn the team that they are over the limit. 1 4.35%
Apply the penalty as soon as the team is over the time limit. 4 17.39%
Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 4 hours later. 2 8.70%
Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 6 hours later. 3 13.04%
Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 8 hours later. 1 4.35%
Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 12 hours later. 7 30.43%
Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty more than 12 hours later. 4 17.39%
Write-in 1 4.35%
Xenobanana 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 10, 2003, 10:27   #1
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 03:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
OFFICAL - Todecide once and for all on the time limit for playing turns (part2)
This is part two of FOUR polls to finally settle DEMOCRATICALLY and FAIRLY the problems caused by late and persistently late playing of turns.

This poll (part2) is to determine at what point after the time limit, to be decided in part1, the "Penalty" should be applied.

The winner needs a clear 50% majority, or there will be a run-off between the TWO (or more only in the case of an exact tie) most popular options. The poll will run for 3 days as per the old constitution. When this is settled, the decision requires a 2/3rds majority to change, as per the old constitution. Hopefully these 4 polls will be the final word on the subject.

Options are :
  • Never apply a penalty, just warn the team that they are over the limit.
  • Apply the penalty as soon as the team is over the time limit.
  • Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 4 hours later.
  • Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 6 hours later.
  • Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 8 hours later.
  • Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 12 hours later.
  • Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty more than 12 hours later.
  • Write-in
  • Xenobanana

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old June 10, 2003, 10:55   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:22
Apply the penalty as soon as the team is over the time limit of course! Isn't that kind of the meaning of a time limit?!?: "You have to play the turn in that time period or else..."
Old June 10, 2003, 11:24   #3
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 22:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
THIS POLL IS NOT OFFICIAL

No way can we have planet-wide elections like this on the basis of one vote per person when the faction sizes are so disparate.
Old June 10, 2003, 11:39   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

There is no block voting. Googlie can confirm that in no faction's private forum that people are bing instructed to vote the party line. There is no party line.

One vote - one person. That's DEMOCRACY. This poll is official enough.

If you don't like it, may I introduce you to the Xenobanana option. If more than 50% of people agree with you, we'll see. I doubt it, somehow.

-Jam
Old June 10, 2003, 11:40   #5
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 21:22
Please see my proposal in poll part three.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 10, 2003, 11:45   #6
Jamski
Deity

Your proposal will be noted. It will be up to GooglieGod to apply any "penalties" as he sees fit. If he wants to give a faction an exemption because he feels they have a good reason, then he CAN DO SO. Don't worry.

-Jam
Old June 10, 2003, 15:54   #7
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

OMG, these polls are ****ing annoying.

Now going to poll three to read HongHu's proposal...
Old June 10, 2003, 16:13   #8
Static Universe
Prince

I vote for 48 hours then apply the penalty. If they can't play it in that extended time frame then shame on them.
Old June 10, 2003, 18:22   #9
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:22
24 hours for me, IMO it seems to be enough time to get the turn done. Take a page from the Hive book, even if the team leader cannot be present you can appoint someone to do the turns in their absence.
Old June 10, 2003, 18:26   #10
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Isn't 24 hours a bit harsh if you want to consult at all ?? Also, the Hive has a lot more folks so its easier for them to have alternates ( kinda making my point on factions being in a different position on this issue)
Old June 10, 2003, 18:46   #11
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Flubber
Isn't 24 hours a bit harsh if you want to consult at all ?? Also, the Hive has a lot more folks so its easier for them to have alternates ( kinda making my point on factions being in a different position on this issue)
In a word, no. The Hive has 20 members, everyone else (except the Drones) have 11. That's more then enough people to find alternatives.
Old June 11, 2003, 04:19   #12
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire

In a word, no. The Hive has 20 members, everyone else (except the Drones) have 11. That's more then enough people to find alternatives.
Since we're still in the early game, we haven't reached a point where consultation is necessary. It will be different later when we begin interacting between the factions. 24 hrs may not be enough for that.
Old June 11, 2003, 08:13   #13
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

We need consultation. If the Hive feels differently then that is fine, as they do not run democracy. We prefer to talk about and poll our actions. That takes time.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old June 11, 2003, 08:30   #14
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

What's a tode, and how do you kill one?
Old June 11, 2003, 09:37   #15
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Mongoose
Should we make it a poll?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 11, 2003, 10:52   #16
Snowflake
Princess

How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 11, 2003, 11:52   #17
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Mongoose
Its related to froggicide

-Jam
Old June 11, 2003, 13:27   #18
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

24 hours is too short, but everyone will make a concerted effort to finish as soon a possible.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old June 12, 2003, 14:58   #19
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?
Step 1. Open the refrigerator door.
Step 2. Put the elephant in it.
Step 3. Close the refrigerator door.

Sorry to post such nonsense especially when I'm already a prince. But here is a new question:

It's the lion king's birthday. All animals in the forest has come but one. Who hasn't shown up?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 12, 2003, 15:48   #20
Jamski
Deity

Comrade HongHu

-Jam
Old June 12, 2003, 16:49   #21
Snowflake
Princess

Use your head please Comrade Jam. Sigh! It's so hard to get them think something outside of those d**n polls.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 12, 2003, 16:52   #22
Jamski
Deity

/me uses his head

Nope, still no idea. Is it a joke answer, or a puzzle answer?

-Jam
Old June 12, 2003, 17:01   #23
Snowflake
Princess

Hint: Look at the last question.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 12, 2003, 17:02   #24
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu

It's the lion king's birthday. All animals in the forest has come but one. Who hasn't shown up?
Obviously the Elephant, as he's locked in the refrigerator

G.
Old June 12, 2003, 17:04   #25
Jamski
Deity

/me groans....

Is that right? Oh GOD that's a bad joke. I'm going to tell it to Mrs Jamski right now, wait a moment......

....She didn't get it Oh well.

-Jam
Old June 12, 2003, 17:21   #26
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

THose are really old kid jokes. I had a 6 year old tell me the whole sequence once. There was a couple of other jokes with other animals invoved between those two given here.
Old June 12, 2003, 17:28   #27
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie

Obviously the Elephant, as he's locked in the refrigerator

G.
A god is a god. Who can beat that?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 12, 2003, 17:32   #28
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Flubber
THose are really old kid jokes. I had a 6 year old tell me the whole sequence once. There was a couple of other jokes with other animals invoved between those two given here.
We don't need these childish stuff to interfere with our serious polls business don't we, Captain.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 12, 2003, 17:43   #29
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 04:22
I am sure somebody mentioned it but since when is thsi poll Official
Old June 12, 2003, 17:46   #30
Jamski
Deity

Since me and Drogue said so.

-Jam