too many top threads
well, I think we have many toped threads,
the one not top are hard to follow,

IMHO we only need the file thread toped
also the medals thread I think it should be topped
what does the soviet citizens think?
Old June 10, 2003, 14:58   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 22:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i'm inclined to agree with you that there are too many topped threads, i'll see if I can weed a few of them out
Old June 10, 2003, 15:24   #3
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

How about this, the only topped threads will be the turn thread, medal thread, Politburo and STAVKA threads. And in the first post of each of those threads will be links to all other important threads, (front threads, armaments, economic, NKVD, PRAVDA, Party thread, etc, etc.)

What do people think of this? All the important threads will remain near the top anyways since people always post in them
Old June 10, 2003, 15:32   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 23:23
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
How about this, the only topped threads will be the turn thread, medal thread, Politburo and STAVKA threads. And in the first post of each of those threads will be links to all other important threads, (front threads, armaments, economic, NKVD, PRAVDA, Party thread, etc, etc.)

What do people think of this? All the important threads will remain near the top anyways since people always post in them
I concur, sounds like a good idea.
Old June 10, 2003, 16:47   #5
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Let's make sure the front commanders maintain their front threads. I find them much more informative than the STAVKA and the POLITBURO threads, that only garnish the meat and potatoes of the front threads.
Old June 10, 2003, 16:58   #6
Bossy20000
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 04:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

fine for me!!
Old June 10, 2003, 19:32   #7
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18
Let's make sure the front commanders maintain their front threads. I find them much more informative than the STAVKA and the POLITBURO threads, that only garnish the meat and potatoes of the front threads.
rest assured, they won't be allowed to slack off
Old June 10, 2003, 22:08   #8
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 03:23
I'm somewhat fine with the system as is, as all the topped threads convey vital information people need to know. But if we want bare bones, I say keep only the turn thread.

Let STAVKA, Politburo, Economic, Armamaments, and all the fronts drop. That way, it's easier to tell when some request or battle report is posted.

If you want to keep the front threads, then it seems we only eliminate armamaments and econ threads, which to me are just as important as any front.
Old June 11, 2003, 14:10   #9
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

i like the idea
Old June 11, 2003, 23:53   #10
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

I agree There are too many top threads; there should be a max 5: STAVKA, Politburo, Current Save, Party Thread, and Medal Awards

Last edited by The ANZAC; June 14, 2003 at 12:36.
Old June 14, 2003, 12:37   #11
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

*BUMP* so can we get some stuff de-topped?
Old June 14, 2003, 15:48   #12
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
*BUMP* so can we get some stuff de-topped?
I'm getting to it, I'm getting to it. What would you rather have, a few threads untopped or an even bigger pissing match between the General Secretary and myself?
Old June 14, 2003, 19:11   #13
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

DELETED

Last edited by Shaka Naldur; June 14, 2003 at 19:55.