View Poll Results: Should we have a Governor General in the DG?
Yes, we should. 3 15.79%
No, we shouldnt. 16 84.21%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 16, 2003, 21:07   #1
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 20:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Governor General Poll
Should we have one? Yes or no?
Old June 16, 2003, 22:14   #2
Tassadar500
Emperor

This is what it would do.

I have an idea for the C3DG. Well I position for it anyway. In the Canadian Government there is a position higher then the Prime Minister/President. That position being called the Governer General. He/she would represent the Queen or King of England. But the person would be mostly ceremonial.

My Idea is to have a Governer General in the game. The person would give the ok to any of the plans made at the turn chats. So before a decision is made the Governer General has to agree. This would mean that the Governer General should be quite knowledgable. The Governer General can say no if they believe that it will fail. But that wouldnt be to common.

The way the Governer General is elected is by the Prime Minister/President choosing the person. But we could have the Prime Minister chooses a few people and all the ministers vote on the person. Then the Governer General could pick a assistant called a Lieutanant Governer.

So the Governer General Position wouldnt be that powerful and would only effect the game by saying yes or no to the plan. The Governor General would also be quite ceromonial in the DG. They would also present the plan in a neat fashion on the forums.

Also the Governor General could be in control of the newspaper. And post polls about the current government. Approval Rating and how happy they are about the current plans ect.
Old June 16, 2003, 22:42   #3
Tassadar500
Emperor

Can you post if your voting. Because if you dont this poll wont count.
Old June 17, 2003, 08:44   #4
theViking
Civilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 13:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
Can you post if your voting. Because if you dont this poll wont count.
This poll don't count.
Old June 17, 2003, 08:59   #5
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:54
Quote:
Originally posted by theViking

This poll don't count.
hi ,

read what he means , ....

yes we should

and the no voters could at least post as to why they dont like it , ....

have a great day
Old June 17, 2003, 10:47   #6
Tassadar500
Emperor

Thank you Panag At least you care!
Old June 17, 2003, 11:59   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 21:54
I am voting no.

As much as I would like to see Panag in this position, I do not feel it would be a very good thing for the Demo Game

We have a streamlined process in place that is functioning fine. If it's not broke don't fix it. I see this as adding another step/level and that would only complicate matters as well as the problem of actually finding individuals with the time to carry this out each month.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 17, 2003, 12:41   #8
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 23:54
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I am voting no.

As much as I would like to see Panag in this position, I do not feel it would be a very good thing for the Demo Game

We have a streamlined process in place that is functioning fine. If it's not broke don't fix it. I see this as adding another step/level and that would only complicate matters as well as the problem of actually finding individuals with the time to carry this out each month.
Ditto.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 18, 2003, 00:21   #9
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

I'm fairly new to the C3DG, but I agree with UnOrthOdOx that it would just add one more level. From what I've seen so far, it's working well as it is. Right now we give our suggestions and the ministers go and do their thing in the chats. This is a purely hypothetical situation, but say the governor general had a strategy he/she wanted to use that was in conflict with what everyone else wanted to do so he vetoes their strategy for his own. That's not in the democracy game spirit.
Old June 18, 2003, 00:38   #10
Tassadar500
Emperor

Who ever said a Governor General could Veto a decision. But any who I am trying to make a senate again.
Old June 18, 2003, 00:55   #11
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
My Idea is to have a Governer General in the game. The person would give the ok to any of the plans made at the turn chats. So before a decision is made the Governer General has to agree. This would mean that the Governer General should be quite knowledgable. The Governer General can say no if they believe that it will fail. But that wouldnt be to common.
That's the quote that led me to think he'd have veto power. It was just a hypothetical "what-if" anyway.
Old June 18, 2003, 00:58   #12
Tassadar500
Emperor

See it would be more ceremonial. Just nevermind. Can a mod delete the thread?
Old June 18, 2003, 13:29   #13
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Sorry Nuclear Master, I wasn't trying to argue with you. I was just giving my opinion and an example of something that "could" happen. I don't actually think it would happen that one person would overrule all the rest...not here on 'Poly, most everyone is nice . On another thread when I was completely misunderstanding something Panag said he was still extremely nice about it (Thanks Panag. ) That's the kind of people that are here, which is why I like these forums.
Old June 18, 2003, 16:56   #14
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 23:54
No, I am not going to delete this thread. Discussions like this are good for generating ideas and spuring further growth and evolution of our democracy.

Although I think this particular idea is not a good one relative to our current situation, it is always good to look at new ways of doing things, which is really one of the important things this thread does.

Keep the good ideas flowing.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 18, 2003, 18:31   #15
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
No, I am not going to delete this thread. Discussions like this are good for generating ideas and spuring further growth and evolution of our democracy.

Although I think this particular idea is not a good one relative to our current situation, it is always good to look at new ways of doing things, which is really one of the important things this thread does.

hi ,

little dictator , not wanting to delete a thread , ....

you are right , its ideas like this that have brought us forwerd and have developed us substancially

if you look back you shall see that "simulations" where considered months ago as cheating and a no talk about thing , today they are done and they are accepted , .....

the " senate " is sometimes missing , and it should be have a new wave true to it , .....

have a nice day
Old June 18, 2003, 18:32   #16
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

hi ,

you are right , its ideas like this that have brought us forwerd and have developed us substancially

if you look back you shall see that "simulations" where considered months ago as cheating and a no talk about thing , today they are done and they are accepted , .....

the " senate " is sometimes missing , and it should be have a new wave true to it , .....

have a nice day
Old June 18, 2003, 18:32   #17
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

hi ,

have a nice day
Old June 18, 2003, 19:09   #18
Tassadar500
Emperor

Panag I am trying to get the Senate back. Would you want to help me write a new constitution.
Old June 18, 2003, 22:15   #19
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:54
Haven't commented yet; I agree we don't need a GG. In a way, the Prez already serves as a checkpoint for orders, even if he doesn't actually have the power to cancel said orders.

But I agree we need the senate back; the lack of discussion and polling may eventually kill the game, IMO. I'm not really sure how to get it started again... perhaps we need to bring some lighter elements in as well; seemed like half of the senate's job in the post-industrial SPDG I was proposing slavery bills back and forth. (j/k; we did have some good game discussion.)

It starts with discussion, and that starts with polls. The only two polls I can recall are city placement and the Ottoman war. So, with that in mind, I'm off to start a war opinion poll...
Old June 18, 2003, 22:26   #20
Tassadar500
Emperor

So Kloreep would you want to help me write a new constitution?
Old June 18, 2003, 22:41   #21
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:54
Yes, definitely.
Old June 18, 2003, 22:53   #22
Tassadar500
Emperor

Ok! Lets talk about it in PM. Do you have a link to the old constitution?
Old June 19, 2003, 01:37   #23
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quick question since I'm still new to the Democracy games, but what was the job of the Senate? Thanks for your help.
Old June 19, 2003, 02:53   #24
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
Quick question since I'm still new to the Democracy games, but what was the job of the Senate? Thanks for your help.
hi ,

the senate are the people , all the people that participate

NM ; yes why not

have a nice day
Old June 19, 2003, 09:29   #25
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Here is your link...http://apolyton.net/forums/showthre...&threadid=72122

Have fun.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 19, 2003, 10:23   #26
Tassadar500
Emperor

Hehe. It's my birthday today. And Panag it's not the people....
Old June 19, 2003, 10:26   #27
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Happy Birthday, Governor.
Old June 19, 2003, 10:28   #28
Tassadar500
Emperor

Thanks
Old June 21, 2003, 11:38   #29
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Here is your link...http://apolyton.net/forums/showthre...&threadid=72122

Have fun.

hi ,

Congratulations! You found a missing page
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthre...&threadid=72122

If you care too much about it (or about the well-being of our site ) please report the error

If you are using our IP address to access the site, please use our domain name(apolyton.net) instead!

To help you in your quest, here are some tools(take a look at the links at the bottom of the page too):

have a nice day
Old June 21, 2003, 11:40   #30
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Hehe. It's my birthday today. And Panag it's not the people....
hi ,

happy B-day

yes its the people , well in the demo games at least , .....

aldo this deserves an entire new discussion about who and what is the senate , .....

have a nice day