Old June 18, 2003, 15:54   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 19:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Help! I can't rebase or load choppers onto carriers!
I can't load or rebase my helicopters to carriers. Can you do this in the first place? I took a long, long break from civ3 a while ago and this is my first modern age game in a while. But I'm pretty sure you can put them on carriers. I used paratroopers a lot, but I guess it's possible the whole time I never put them on carriers. I'm not sure if 'load' under special actions in the editor was originally checked but it's checked on my computer.

I'm positive it isn't me doing something wrong. I click on the bomber, click rebase and it let's me rebase it, but when I do the same for a helicopter it won't let me, and no, the carrier isn't full. Also, if I have the carrier in a city with air units there, I can click on the air unit and click load and it loads it onto the carrier, but there is no load button for the helicopter even though it is checked under special actions. Someone please help me fast! I want to drop paratroopers near an enemy's capital and raze it, but they're on an island far away and I need to put the helicopters on the carriers. Is there some editing I can do to change my problem?
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old June 18, 2003, 20:21   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 23:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I think you can not put helos on carriers. I am not sure as I never make either, at least not in over a year.
Old June 18, 2003, 21:30   #3
Greetings
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:59
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I don't use helicopters anymore, but I'm pretty sure vmxa1 is correct. Helicopters cannot be loaded onto carriers. They can only rebase in cities (and airfields in PTW).