Old April 16, 2001, 09:10   #1
optimus2861
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:57
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Dominion War scenario broken?
To anyone who has played this scenario in MPGE v1.3: did you manage to finish it? I've reached day #120 and had just destroyed the first of the two energy bases which control the Orbital Defence stations around Chin'toka, and now at the start of day #121 Civ2 crashes every time, without fail. This has been a great scenario and I'm really bummed that I can't finish it . Restarting the scenario would be possible, but of course now I know some of the whats/wheres/whens of it, so it wouldn't be the same.

I have a save file at the end of day #120 that I might be able to email upon request. I say might because I'm heading overseas for a month and am not sure what my web/email access is going to be like.
Old April 16, 2001, 09:36   #2
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:57
I playtested the scenario, and finished it at every level without any crashes. I don't understand what the problem could be. What difficulty level are you playing at? Are you playing as the Federation? Send the save to my e-mail and I will take a look at it.

------------------
All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
Old April 16, 2001, 20:29   #3
Chronus
Prince

Local Time: 22:57
Hi optimus,

I had the exact same problem (well, except it was on a different turn) but it was shortly after I destroyed that base.

I was ready to give up (after starting twice from the beginning) when my friend mentioned that he had the same problem but was able to overcome it using the AutoSave feature. It would crash, but he would just call up the auto-saved game and continue on.

So ... I tried doing that. I turned on the auto-save and got up just past destroying the base with a high expectation of an impending crash when ... nothing happened. No crash ... no way of knowing if the auto-save trick would work. Go figure. No big deal, at least I was able to finally go on.

I haven't finished the scenario though I think it's the best one I've ever played. After restarting twice, I think I just need a break from Star Trek (in between crashes, I played that other Star Trek one, "Battle for the Alpha Quadrant", or whatever it's called. That's also a good one!)