View Poll Results: What war do you want to wage next?
Hit the Ottomans again! Show no mercy! 2 11.11%
Attack the Iroquois! 15 83.33%
Attack the Zulu corridor! 1 5.56%
Snatch those nasty Celt cites in the Zulu Corridor! 0 0%
Somehow, Vikings and cowardice actually go together; peace! (No, no, no bias here ) 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 19, 2003, 19:09   #1
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Got War?
Sorry I didn't get this posted last night. Poly was as slow as... as... as a snail in an even slower situation, and I couldn't get a post through.

This an unofficial poll to determine what civs you'd favor attacking. I figure we have time for a runoff, maybe even two.
Old June 19, 2003, 19:27   #2
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 00:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ah - Iroquois.

The Ottoman are neutralized - and we can seal off the eastern corrider quite easily. Also - the eastern corrider is a mixture of civs, so I do not see any concentrated threat.

The Iroquois on the other hand have a lot of territory - and soon may have a lot of mounted warriors.

Let's hit them first.
Old June 19, 2003, 19:58   #3
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 21:06
We cannot let the Iroqouis get Mounted Warriors and attack us first. So lets get em fast.
Old June 19, 2003, 20:02   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 22:06
HEY!!!!

It's not multiple choice.

KILL THEM ALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 19, 2003, 20:04   #5
Tassadar500
Emperor

*claps*
Old June 19, 2003, 20:47   #6
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

The Ottomans no longer pose a threat to us, and we can finish them off at a time of our choosing.

I don't believe the Eastern Corridor civs are too much of a threat to us right now - they have each other to contend with.

The Iroquois pose the greatest current threat, especially with the threat of Mounted Warriors coming soon.

Get The Iroquois!
Old June 19, 2003, 23:14   #7
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
HEY!!!!

It's not multiple choice.

KILL THEM ALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To clarify: I only intended this poll to determine our first new target out of the many to come.

Edit: On the debate (which seems rather one-sided so far), I would like to raise a point: the Iroquois don't have Horses in their territory, so they won't get as much as chariots until a) someone has two Horse sources and b) the Iroquois get a trade connection with them.

Granted, they will then be a danger, and they do already have iron. But if we hit the Zulu a little first, we could Horses; the very first Zulu city by our borders has horses (forgot the name), so we would only need to take one city to gain the other ancient age resource.
Old June 20, 2003, 06:41   #8
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:06
Zulus maybe a good idea. The Ironquis aren't going anywhere and their land is very poor. Would we really gain that much from attacking them.
Old June 20, 2003, 09:58   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:06
The Zulus have nicer land, but it's a bit far off as well. The Iroqs would give us peace of mind in our own "bulge" of the continent, and we would get Furs. Then we could use them and the Ottos as Leader farms ( ) whilst we move on to the Zulus......

Besides, if there ever was a civ tailor made for us to sharpen those swords on it is the Iroqs - no Horses we know of (certainly none connected), some decent land but a large portion of their empire so crap they won't have much of a defence. Perfect for some practice.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 20, 2003, 09:58   #10
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

My humble opinion would be to attempt to ally with the Iriquois and take on both the Zulu AND the isolated Celtic cities.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 20, 2003, 10:27   #11
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Then we could use them and the Ottos as Leader farms

Now were talking thats the kind of AI exploitation we need.

If we could leave them with a few cities each on the poorest land we could be getting at least 1 elite victory each turn from otherwise useless terrain. Although this would have to affect the discussion regarding govs.
Old June 20, 2003, 12:04   #12
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Iroc - they are better whipping boys for now.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 20, 2003, 13:34   #13
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Hit 'em before they're strong. That's the way I'd go.
Old June 20, 2003, 16:27   #14
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I prefer fighting one AI at a time myself.

Against the Zulu, time is really on our side; they spend very little effort building even in good quality land and become easier to take on as time passes.

Also with Celt cities in the Zulu corridor, perhaps we should sit back and wait for them to go to war with each other before intervening.

In the mean time, I'd recomend some pruning of the Irq.
Old June 21, 2003, 12:08   #15
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 06:06
hi ,

get them iro's before they have them indians on horses charging us , .....

have a nice day
Old June 21, 2003, 12:52   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Kill them all. It's your land anyway, their just a bunch of filthy squatters.
Old June 21, 2003, 13:28   #17
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Kill them all. It's your land anyway, their just a bunch of filthy squatters.
Exactly. The whole world is our land. We just haven't finished settling it yet.
Old June 23, 2003, 03:06   #18
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:06
Why is this poll closed already?
Old June 23, 2003, 09:36   #19
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:06
Well, it was up for three days, and there was a link to it in the Directory the whole time...

I voted in it..... If you missed it I don't know what more could have been done.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 23, 2003, 09:39   #20
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Yes, I missed it. I was away for the weekend...

This is not a matter of "now or never", is it? Better let those kind of polls run for a slightly longer time, esp. when it opens at the beginning of a weekend.

+1 to exterminating the Ottomans, then.
Old June 23, 2003, 09:44   #21
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

ones more something comes up , what about sending a PM or email when there is a poll , .....

have a nice day
Old June 23, 2003, 10:01   #22
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

I don't understand, panag. You want me to send a PM to the creator of the poll, or vice versa?
Old June 23, 2003, 10:16   #23
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
I don't understand, panag. You want me to send a PM to the creator of the poll, or vice versa?
hi ,

no just a pm or email to each member when there is a poll or so , .......

have a nice day
Old June 23, 2003, 20:10   #24
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

no just a pm or email to each member when there is a poll or so , .......

have a nice day
There are about 240 people with the civgroup icon, and assuming someone went and put all of them in their buddy list, that still only allows up to 5 people to receive PM's at a time.... sorry, I just don't see that as realistic.

I am having a good day. Thanks. How is yours?

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 23, 2003, 23:10   #25
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing

There are about 240 people with the civgroup icon, and assuming someone went and put all of them in their buddy list, that still only allows up to 5 people to receive PM's at a time.... sorry, I just don't see that as realistic.

I'm with GodKing on this one. If you are a member of the democracy game civ group - and do not check in on the forum during a three day period - well, then, I'm sorry - you missed the poll. Maybe at least try cruising through every second day at least.

There are still polls regarding the next city site and the FAM's recommendations on tech trading.

Hey - - get involved!!!!!! This is an interesting and far-from-being-over game!

And btw - just to be clear - the onus is on you - not us - to keep you involved.
Old June 23, 2003, 23:46   #26
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

I've got to agree with GK and Beta on this. They can't spend the time to PM 240 people if those 240 people don't want to spend the time checking the forum.

We're in the civgroups because we want to be, not because we have to be (ooh, another nice cliche ).
Old June 24, 2003, 02:42   #27
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

The point is: let the poll run a little longer if we can afford to.
Old June 24, 2003, 14:56   #28
Kloreep
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
The point is: let the poll run a little longer if we can afford to.
Sorry you missed it; but it was just a preliminary poll.

Looks pretty decisive, though. Time to head north...

dejon, what timetable are you planning for the Iroquois war? We should do a second yes/no poll.
Old June 24, 2003, 15:52   #29
OPD
King

Me and GK decided to PM some of the people who had signed up but hadn't participated, around the start of this term. Not one of them has posted here since and barely half of them read the PM.
Old June 25, 2003, 04:24   #30
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing

hi ,

a marvelous day with loads of work , .....

something like your typical days , .....

okay , now , we could ask one of the owners to let one or two people to be able to send PM's to all of those 240 at one time , ......

or we could make sure that the poll's are topped for three days , ......

have a nice day