Old June 20, 2003, 01:42   #1
Victor Galis
Emperor

Local Time: 00:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Poll about America results
Did anyone else see this massive poll conducted about America in several countries?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/america/finaldata.pdf

There's some interesting results.

Sample interesting result:

Which country do you think is the more dangerous to world peace and stability? America or North Korea.

America beats North Korea 48% to 39% in South Korea, though they are tied at 43% among all the countries.
Old June 20, 2003, 01:44   #2
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 20:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Morons. North Korea is a little backwater shithole with zero global reach.

They might as well compare Liberia to the US.
Old June 20, 2003, 01:46   #3
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 23:07
Page 5... june 18th...

http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=89644

Only 5 responses... so carry on.
Old June 20, 2003, 01:54   #4
Victor Galis
Emperor

Hmm... I only looked back 2 pages, so I missed it earlier.

The survey also asks the same question about the US and Russia, the US and France, the US and China, and a variety of other questions. I could also have picked the following results:

1% of Australians think they would be better off living in the US.
Old June 20, 2003, 02:17   #5
Poogas
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:07
I find it slightly depressing, and curious how out of all those polls American votes proved to be the most One sided out of all of the countries. I looked through all of the polls btw. It doesn't surprise me though, American mass populus (sp?) tends to look at things sevearly 1 sided. Concerning the question asking about how a area currently occuped with US military presence felt about it, American's response was something like 82% beleive the natural habitants suported the US presence, I think they should of added a question, asking americans, if some country america generally opposes military presence was in America if they would supported it or oppose and have it on the same page as the question I mentioned befor. I'd be curious at the results than.... lol
Old June 20, 2003, 02:21   #6
Victor Galis
Emperor

I think the problem stems from the fact that relatively few Americans have ever left their country.
Old June 20, 2003, 02:29   #7
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Local Time: 22:07
Ah, yes. Another "America Sucks and is the Real World Enemy" poll.

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old June 20, 2003, 02:31   #8
Victor Galis
Emperor

Yeah, commissioned by that champion of the anti-American cause, the BBC.
Old June 20, 2003, 03:00   #9
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Who cares, they're all whiny Eurocoms anyway.
Old June 20, 2003, 03:01   #10
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Good call.

Mis Novias
Old June 20, 2003, 03:12   #11
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

IN GENERAL, HOW DO YOU FEEL TOWARDS AMERICA?

FAVORABLE

THINKING OF GEORGE BUSH OF AMERICA, HOW DO YOU FEEL?

UNFAVORABLE

DO YOU AGREE WITH AMERICA ON....

GLOBAL WARMING? DISAGREE
NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION? DISAGREE
SPREADING OF AIDS? AGREE
TERRORISM? AGREE
WORLD POVERTY? DISAGREE
ISRAEL AND PALESTINE? DISAGREE

WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING BEST DESCRIBES AMERICA:

Arrogant or Humble? ARROGENT
Antagonistic or Friendly? FRIENDLY
United or Divided? UNITED
Religious or Not Religious? RELIGIOUS
Free of Unfree? FREE

WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGAREE WITH:

America is a force for good in the world. DISAGREE
America is reaping the throns planted by its rulers. AGREE
America is a beacon of hope and oppritunity. AGREE
America feels that it is the only superpower in the world and it can do whatever it likes. AGREE
America scared me. DISAGREE
The world looks at America and they see money and sex. AGREE

GENERALLY SPEAKING, WOULD YOU SAY YOU TEND TO LIKE OR DISLIKE....

American Movies? LIKE
American Television? DISLIKE
American Popular Music? LIKE
American Made Clothing? LIKE
American Food? DISLIKE
American Drinks? DISLIKE
American Internet Websites? DISLIKE

IF I ASK YOU TO NAME AN AMERICAN PRODUCT, WHATS THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND?

DRINKS: COKE (Coke more recognized than McD's? )
FAST FOOD: MCDONALDS
CLOTHING: NIKE
CARS: FORD
COMPUTERS: ELECTRONICS and MICROSOFT
CIGARETTES: MARLBORO
MEDIA: MOVIES
SOMETHING ELSE: MILITARY

DO YOU THINK THE INFLUENCE OF AMERICAN CONSUMER PRODUCTS AND ENTERTAINMENT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS...? TOO GREAT

DO YOU THINK YOUR COUNTRY IS MORE CULTURED THAN AMERICA? YES

AMERICANS: Do you agree or disagree that America is the most cultured country in the world? DISAGREE

DO YOU THINK AMERICA IS A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE THAN YOUR COUNTRY? NO (Interesting here....No country expect Israel went under 60 percent, and no country went under 50 percent....I'd think that they would at least tell the truth )

AMERICANS: DO YOU THINK AMERICA IS THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO LIVE IN? YES

IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE, WOULD YOU LIVE IN AMERICA? NO

AMERICANS: IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE, WOULD YOU GO AND LIVE OUTSIDE AMERICA? NO

AMERICANS: DO YOU THINK PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF AMERICA WANT TO COME AND LIVE HERE? YES

IS YOUR COUNTRY BECOMING MORE LIKE AMERICA, LESS LIKE AMERICA, OR NO MOVEMENT AT ALL? MORE LIKE AMERICA

IN THE LONG TERM, DO YOU THINK AMERICAN ECONOMIC POLICIES MAKE THIS (I believe they meant to say YOUR ) COUNTRY RICHER, POORER, OR HAVE NO EFFECT? Have no Effect

AMERICANS: IN THE LONG TERM, DO YOU THINK AMERICAN ECONOMIC POLICIES MAKE THE REST OF THE WORLD...? RICHER

AS FAR AS YOU UNDERSTAND IT, THE WAY AMERICA RUNS ITS ECONOMY SHOULD BE COPIED IN THIS (I believe they meant to say YOUR )COUNTRY OR SHOULD NOT BE COPIED? SHOULD NOT BE COPIED

AMERICANS: AS FAR AS YOU UNDERSTAND, DO YOU THINK THAT OTHER COUNTRIES WANT TO COPY THE WAY AMERICA RUNS ITS ECONOMY? YES

SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT WHEN YOU SAY GLOBALIZATION, YOU ACTUALLY MEAN AMERICANIZATION. DO YOU AGREE? NO

WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING THINGS ABOUT AMERICA DO YOU THINK YOUR COUNTRY SHOULD ASPIRE TO BECOME?

SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION
THE ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE

The following options got a less than 50 percent vote: American Standards of Freedom and Expression for the people, Democratic instituion, military power, American popular culture, none of these.

WHICH OF THESE TWO DO YOU THINK IS MORE DANGEROUS TO WORLD PEACE AND STABILITY?

America or North Korea? TIE (However, minus the American vote, America wins)
America or China? AMERICA
America or Russia? AMERICA
America or Al Qaeda? AL QAEDA
America or France? AMERICA
America or Iran? [b]AMERICA[/c]
America or Syria? AMERICA

GEORGE BUSH HAS SAID THAT "AMERICA HAS, AND INTENDS TO KEEP, MILITARY STRENGTHS BEYOND CHALLENGE. DO YOU THINK AMERICAS SUPERIOR MILITARY POWER MAKES THE WORLD A MORE SAFE PLACE, A MORE DANGEROUS PLACE, OR MAKES NO DIFFERENCE? A more dangerous place

IN MILITARY CONFLICTS, DO YOU THINK THE AMERICAN MILITARY DOES ENOUGH TO AVOID CIVILIAN CASUALITIES OR COULD DO MORE? COULD DO MORE

AMERICANS: DO YOU THINK OTHER COUNTRIES APPRECIATE HOW MUCH AMERICA DOES TO AVOID CIVLIAN CASUALITES? NO

THINKING ABOUT AMERICAN MILITARY PRESENCE IN THE WORLD, DO YOU AGREE THAT IT HAS HELPED BRING PEACE AND STABILITY TO THE AREA? (This questions was not asked in the USA or Brazil) DISAGREE

AMERICANS: DO YOU THINK AMERICAS MILITARY PRESENCE HELPS BRING PEACE AND STABILITY IN THE WORLD? AGREE

DO YOU THINK PEOPLE LIVING IN COUNTRIES WHERE THE AMERICAN MILITARY ARE BASED SUPPORT OR OPPOSE ITS PRESENCE? SUPPORT

DO YOU THINK THAT AMERICA WAS RIGHT OR WRONG TO INVADE IRAQ? WRONG

DO YOU THINK LIFE AFTER SADDAM WILL BE BETTER, WORSE, OR THE SAME? Better

DO YOU THINK THAT AMERICAS OCCUPATION OF IRAQ (WITH BRITAIN) WILL RESULT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

BLAH

The other options that failed to get a majority vote were: An American colonial regieme, an independant Iraqi regieme, None of these, and An American Influenced Regieme.

Note that this may have errors in it. So....Read the PDF if you want a more accurate description. Also note that this doesnt take into account the "Dont Know" option which could influence majority decisions.

Old June 20, 2003, 03:14   #12
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Gatekeeper
Ah, yes. Another "America Sucks and is the Real World Enemy" poll.
Did you even read it?

In fact, I was surprised to learn that most people say:

They have a favourable rating of America.
America is not a better place than their own country.
They wouldnt move to America given the chance.

However, I wasn't surpsied that most people say:
American food sucks.
American drinks suck.
Bush sucks.
America is more dangerous than pretty dangerous regiemes.
Old June 20, 2003, 03:18   #13
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 21:07
well I kind of have to agree with some points

America is a threat to world peace. How can you have world peace if countries are at war?

But I still stand by the fact that the war on Iraq was a good thing (though there should be UN peacekeepers there now)
Old June 20, 2003, 03:26   #14
HershOstropoler
Settler

Local Time: 05:07
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
Who cares, they're all whiny Eurocoms anyway.
Oh give it a rest, Sombrerocom.
“Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)
Old June 20, 2003, 03:31   #15
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

okay my turn

IN GENERAL, HOW DO YOU FEEL TOWARDS AMERICA?

FAVORABLE

THINKING OF GEORGE BUSH OF AMERICA, HOW DO YOU FEEL?

well up until 3 months ago favourable. leaning towards unfavourable now

DO YOU AGREE WITH AMERICA ON....

GLOBAL WARMING? DISAGREE
NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION? agree
SPREADING OF AIDS? AGREE
TERRORISM? AGREE
WORLD POVERTY? agree
ISRAEL AND PALESTINE? agree

WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING BEST DESCRIBES AMERICA:

Arrogant or Humble? ARROGENT (this is not a bad thing though)
Antagonistic or Friendly? FRIENDLY
United or Divided? UNITED
Religious or Not Religious? RELIGIOUS (only by 60% according to recent polls)
Free of Unfree? FREE

WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGAREE WITH:

America is a force for good in the world. for the most part I agree
America is reaping the throns planted by its rulers. AGREE
America is a beacon of hope and oppritunity. AGREE
America feels that it is the only superpower in the world and it can do whatever it likes. AGREE (this isn't a bad thing either )
America scared me. DISAGREE
The world looks at America and they see money and sex. AGREE

GENERALLY SPEAKING, WOULD YOU SAY YOU TEND TO LIKE OR DISLIKE....

American Movies? LIKE
American Television? Like
American Popular Music? LIKE
American Made Clothing? LIKE
American Food? technically there is no american food. But I love food I eat in america (where else would I eat?)
American Drinks? like
American Internet Websites? well most websites are american- well good ones. Like

IF I ASK YOU TO NAME AN AMERICAN PRODUCT, WHATS THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MIND?

DRINKS: Coca Cola
FAST FOOD: MCDONALDS
CLOTHING: NIKE
CARS: FORD
COMPUTERS: Microsoft
CIGARETTES: Marlboro
MEDIA: hollywood
SOMETHING ELSE:

DO YOU THINK THE INFLUENCE OF AMERICAN CONSUMER PRODUCTS AND ENTERTAINMENT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS...? Lately it has been too much

DO YOU THINK YOUR COUNTRY IS MORE CULTURED THAN AMERICA? N/A

AMERICANS: Do you agree or disagree that America is the most cultured country in the world? DISAGREE

DO YOU THINK AMERICA IS A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE THAN YOUR COUNTRY? N/A

AMERICANS: DO YOU THINK AMERICA IS THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO LIVE IN? YES

IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE, WOULD YOU LIVE IN AMERICA? Yes

AMERICANS: IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE, WOULD YOU GO AND LIVE OUTSIDE AMERICA? Yes

AMERICANS: DO YOU THINK PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF AMERICA WANT TO COME AND LIVE HERE? YES

IS YOUR COUNTRY BECOMING MORE LIKE AMERICA, LESS LIKE AMERICA, OR NO MOVEMENT AT ALL? MORE LIKE AMERICA N/A

IN THE LONG TERM, DO YOU THINK AMERICAN ECONOMIC POLICIES MAKE THIS (I believe they meant to say YOUR ) COUNTRY RICHER, POORER, OR HAVE NO EFFECT? N/A

AMERICANS: IN THE LONG TERM, DO YOU THINK AMERICAN ECONOMIC POLICIES MAKE THE REST OF THE WORLD...? Poorer

AS FAR AS YOU UNDERSTAND IT, THE WAY AMERICA RUNS ITS ECONOMY SHOULD BE COPIED IN THIS (I believe they meant to say YOUR )COUNTRY OR SHOULD NOT BE COPIED N/A

AMERICANS: AS FAR AS YOU UNDERSTAND, DO YOU THINK THAT OTHER COUNTRIES WANT TO COPY THE WAY AMERICA RUNS ITS ECONOMY? YES

SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT WHEN YOU SAY GLOBALIZATION, YOU ACTUALLY MEAN AMERICANIZATION. DO YOU AGREE? Yes

WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING THINGS ABOUT AMERICA DO YOU THINK YOUR COUNTRY SHOULD ASPIRE TO BECOME?

None

the U.S. has started most recent wars, by default they are the most dangerous to world peace, but in the long term- I do think they increase stability.

America or North Korea? U.S.
America or Iran? AMERICA[/c]
America or Syria? [b]AMERICA

GEORGE BUSH HAS SAID THAT "AMERICA HAS, AND INTENDS TO KEEP, MILITARY STRENGTHS BEYOND CHALLENGE. DO YOU THINK AMERICAS SUPERIOR MILITARY POWER MAKES THE WORLD A MORE SAFE PLACE, A MORE DANGEROUS PLACE, OR MAKES NO DIFFERENCE? Safer for non terrorist nations, more dangerous to nations that have terrorists in them

IN MILITARY CONFLICTS, DO YOU THINK THE AMERICAN MILITARY DOES ENOUGH TO AVOID CIVILIAN CASUALITIES OR COULD DO MORE? Does just enough

AMERICANS: DO YOU THINK OTHER COUNTRIES APPRECIATE HOW MUCH AMERICA DOES TO AVOID CIVLIAN CASUALITES? NO

THINKING ABOUT AMERICAN MILITARY PRESENCE IN THE WORLD, DO YOU AGREE THAT IT HAS HELPED BRING PEACE AND STABILITY TO THE AREA? (This questions was not asked in the USA or Brazil) Not yet

AMERICANS: DO YOU THINK AMERICAS MILITARY PRESENCE HELPS BRING PEACE AND STABILITY IN THE WORLD? AGREE

DO YOU THINK PEOPLE LIVING IN COUNTRIES WHERE THE AMERICAN MILITARY ARE BASED SUPPORT OR OPPOSE ITS PRESENCE? Support except Saudi Arabia

DO YOU THINK THAT AMERICA WAS RIGHT OR WRONG TO INVADE IRAQ? Right

DO YOU THINK LIFE AFTER SADDAM WILL BE BETTER, WORSE, OR THE SAME? Better

DO YOU THINK THAT AMERICAS OCCUPATION OF IRAQ (WITH BRITAIN) WILL RESULT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
Old June 20, 2003, 07:02   #16
Nubclear

Quote:
DO YOU THINK PEOPLE LIVING IN COUNTRIES WHERE THE AMERICAN MILITARY ARE BASED SUPPORT OR OPPOSE ITS PRESENCE? Support except Saudi Arabia
And, of course, those Iraqis whom are protesting US troops being there and are demanding their own government (Which, by the way, we promised them) Yep. Your right
Old June 20, 2003, 07:23   #17
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

I find this fascination with the US by non-Americans to be more than a little morbid. Sure, we are the most powerful country in the world, but our overt impact on the everday life of others is much less than commonly believed.

Re the poll, it's funny that they're asking about American websites from Jordanians and Indonesians.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old June 20, 2003, 07:25   #18
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by DanS
I find this fascination with the US by non-Americans to be more than a little morbid. Sure, we are the most powerful country in the world, but our overt impact on the everday life of others is much less than commonly believed.

I do hope your joking.......
Old June 20, 2003, 07:28   #19
HershOstropoler
Settler

Well one factor is that the american right and european left hype that influence all the time, so it is an issue.

Another factor is that you are quite a strange bunch. We find that fascinating since the days of Marco Polo, at least...

Finally, I wouldn't see your lack of interest in the rest of the world as a model.
“Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)
Old June 20, 2003, 07:29   #20
DanS
Deity

Not joking at all. If you read the front page of most newspapers worldwide, I would guess that in most of the international stories the protaganist is the US. This overwhelming focus is misplaced.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. This overwhelming focus is sometimes useful to the US. But it doesn't describe reality.

Finally, I wouldn't see your lack of interest in the rest of the world as a model.

Hershell: It just depends on the country. For Europe, I would expect EU-wide issues and news to correspond roughly with our national news. But anyway, in most countries, the most important and interesting news is not international news by a long shot. If the newspapers report international news more heavily than reality dictates, and the US is the main protaganist in those international news stories, then the picture of the US' influence in the daily lives of others becomes distorted.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Last edited by DanS; June 20, 2003 at 07:40.
Old June 21, 2003, 02:24   #21
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

uhh Tassador, your response appears to be support.

I didn't include Iraq, because I'm not sure how permanent that situation will be. I figured the question was in response to permanent U.S. bases around the world.
Old June 21, 2003, 03:39   #22
HershOstropoler
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by DanS

Hershell: It just depends on the country. For Europe, I would expect EU-wide issues and news to correspond roughly with our national news. But anyway, in most countries, the most important and interesting news is not international news by a long shot. If the newspapers report international news more heavily than reality dictates, and the US is the main protaganist in those international news stories, then the picture of the US' influence in the daily lives of others becomes distorted.
Well, let's have a look: this is the frontpage of the print edition of one newspaper:

http://derstandard.at/Zeitung/

The only somewhat US-related story is Giuliani speaking at an OSCE conference.

As for what "reality dictates" in reporting, that depends on your views. When the US starts a stupid war that can leave the ME even more ****ed up for decades, I'd say that's interesting.
Old June 21, 2003, 03:39   #23
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Did you even read it?

In fact, I was surprised to learn that most people say:

They have a favourable rating of America.
America is not a better place than their own country.
They wouldnt move to America given the chance.

However, I wasn't surpsied that most people say:
American food sucks.
American drinks suck.
Bush sucks.
America is more dangerous than pretty dangerous regiemes.
Stuff it, Tass, and keep the to yourself. Nine times out of 10 when material like this is posted, it's predictable as the sun rising and frickin' setting. I'm so "sorry" that the one time I didn't bother to look deeper into the poll in question that it *actually* contained something other than what I initially postulated.

So sue me.

Gatekeeper

Old June 21, 2003, 03:42   #24
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

And, yes, I got a bit defensive above.

Old June 21, 2003, 03:43   #25
Nubclear

Quote:
Stuff it, Tass, and keep the to yourself. Nine times out of 10 when material like this is posted, it's predictable as the sun rising and frickin' setting. I'm so "sorry" that the one time I didn't bother to look deeper into the poll in question that it *actually* contained something other than what I initially postulated.

So sue me.

Gatekeeper
My troll was lame, and yet he still took the bait
Old June 21, 2003, 03:57   #26
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

USA BAD AZZ? AGREED

Mis Novias
Old June 21, 2003, 04:11   #27
Lord Merciless
Warlord

I agree that American food and drinks are pretty bad.
But we have cuisines from all over the world in America !!!

I'm not surprised that people say they prefer to live in their home countries. Long lives the patriotism!

Europeans, who enjoy being dependent on the government, usually don't like the US where independence and responsibility are encouraged and valued.
Old June 21, 2003, 04:25   #28
The Vagabond
Prince

Quote:

America or North Korea? TIE (However, minus the American vote, America wins)
America or Iran? AMERICA[/c]
America or Syria? [b]AMERICA
The following formulation would be more interesting here: "which of these two would you prefer to be (hypothetically) the strongest country in the world?"
Old June 21, 2003, 05:06   #29
HershOstropoler
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Merciless
Europeans, who enjoy being dependent on the government, usually don't like the US where independence and responsibility are encouraged and valued.
Says the guy from frivolous lawsuit country.
Old June 21, 2003, 13:41   #30
DanS
Deity

You're just bitter because the law doesn't pay as well in Austria.

The only somewhat US-related story is Giuliani speaking at an OSCE conference."

It tends to go in cycles. The Brits are the worst. Sometimes the whole BBC front page is filled with US-related stories.