Old June 21, 2003, 15:54   #31
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
back from camping......man i missed alot keep the offensive going...don't get defensive techs lets keep our offensive juggernaut going....

oh and nice hut luck !!!!!!!!
Old June 21, 2003, 16:00   #32
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 23:09
Pestilence and Devastation, yep.

I just think it is a significant event in our history when we establish a new city. No way to go back later and see what year a city was built, it is interesting to note (IMO).

Not a big deal though
Old June 21, 2003, 20:56   #33
Bob_Smurf42
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
Warlord

Local Time: 20:09
IMO, we should seek and destroy the Japanese; in the meantime max out tax. After we kill them, or make some progress militarily, then we need to settle down for a bit and FIX THE INFRASTRUCTURE!!!! We (still) have a serious trade problem that needs to be fixed. I realize the need to conquer, but we still need a decent city base if we want to be cranking out troops. Roads to the enemy would also help

On another note, what kind of a 'science city' are we going to have w/o any wonders???

BB
Old June 22, 2003, 07:27   #34
SCG
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
How did Newton get to the top of the city list?
my guess is that Civ stores city names the same way most MS OSes save files to the disk (first available space), Kyoto was founded well before our first city (we wandered quite some time at the start), and when it was destroyed, we were the first civ to build the next city, so the Civ engine city name matrix had an opening at the top of the list

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Smurf42
On another note, what kind of a 'science city' are we going to have w/o any wonders???
it won't be a super science city, but we can certainly get a high trade arrow city, which with library and university and trade specials, should make a dominant contribution to our science production, especially with the decided lack of trade arrows in general (Dominion is the most with 5 arrows atm)
Old June 22, 2003, 12:29   #35
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

One question though: The summary seems fairly all inclusive, yet you do not tell us when the other cities were founded. Was this an oversight?

I also like the themed city names btw
Oh, sorry; I didn't realize you meant Pestilence. The city of Giza was discovered in the previous session (825 BC, I believe). But in 475 BC, the local citizens there petitioned to have their name changed to "Pestilence" (they like the theme idea also). I see I neglected to mention that.

I thought you had some concern about Newton...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old June 22, 2003, 13:35   #36
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Pestilence and Devastation were the cities in question (and doh I should have realized one of them was Giza renamed) but I still don't know what year it was built, but as I said, not a big deal.

As for the science city, I voted in favour of establishing "Newton" where it was built, and appreciate that you indicated the build year in the "Tale of the Years".
Old June 23, 2003, 02:42   #37
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Good God what a map....

And yay! Some luck at last...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 23, 2003, 09:41   #38
Zedd
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 00:09
were we not going to change the jungle to grassland before building newton? Or can you transform the land after a city is built?

the hut gods this turn, great job on kyoto, i would bet that osaka is thier last city or they wouldn't have been so generou$ when asking fo peace. Time to wipe them out
Old June 23, 2003, 13:05   #39
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
were we not going to change the jungle to grassland before building newton? Or can you transform the land after a city is built?
Yes, you can transform the land after the city is built.
Meanwhile, we collect all the trade from the spice and the city grows at the normal rate of 2 food/turn.
Old June 24, 2003, 15:58   #40
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 06:09
Newton also has an oasis in its cityradius.
Once we irigate it and clear the jungle it will grow rapidly., not to mention the gold