Old June 21, 2003, 02:01   #1
mucker
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
How do you install Alien Crossfire?
Can someone please help me? I've downloaded Alien Crossfire but I'm not sure where to extract the files. I went through the usual routine of letting the computer decide, clicked on the update patch and extracted the terranx file. Something has changed, because when I went to play the game, I was given a choice of Other instead of Load when choosing players, but clicking that just took me to the change screen. Also, when I click on the terranx file, I just get an error message (unable to allocate draw-buffer...). Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing?
Old June 21, 2003, 11:49   #2
YNCS(SS)
Settler

I suspect you have a corrupted copy of terranx. You should try reloading SMAC again.
Old June 21, 2003, 19:12   #3
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 21:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sounds like you need the noCD crack.

get it here
Old June 22, 2003, 17:08   #4
mucker
Chieftain

Hmm, I've tried both suggestions and have come up with the same problems. Guess I'm just not meant to play the extension
Old June 22, 2003, 20:11   #5
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 06:13
I've had some similar problems with the expansion --- but I don't recall exactly what it was. The Other instead of Load ... well ... I think that was one of the strange things happening...

Now, I cannot tell you what to do, but I can tell you that I tried the noCD terranx. I didn't work properly. I found a different(?) noCD terranx --- it did produce better results, but my graphics were strange. So I reinstalled the SMAC and SMACX. Applied the updates (for both versions I think - v5 and v2), and finally I patched the "second" noCD terranx. The game was perfect after that!!!

I'm not sure why, though. Try reinstalling the whole thing!

Good luck!