Old June 23, 2003, 19:01   #31
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 05:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Thorn
I have allergies so I stay inside most of the time...
So did I till 19-20. Only way to cure an allergy is to become acclimatised to what causes it - gradually.

Walk in the light, Thorn. It helps, even if only a little each day. Build up gradually.

Maybe this demon thing is the anger you feel combined with the guilt for feeling angry.

Whatever it's source, you've got to decoy your mind into thinking about it - again, gradually.

If classic therapy (drawing/artwork) don't seem to help, try working on maths problems or achitecture/design. Try to find an outlet you can do subconciously. Music could be an outlet - even whistling can break the "bad thoughts" bit. Or maybe get a pair of drumsticks and start beating skins that way!

Lot of drummers are" ex-possessed" people that used it as a therapy.

Anyway, good luck. Your the one who has to walk the road - others can only advise.

And yes, I will pray for you.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old June 23, 2003, 20:45   #32
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 14:22
Re: Why can't I be as nice as I want to be?
Quote:
I talk to professionals but all my doctor wants to talk about is Harry Potter...?

I don't believe in demonic possession. Its mental illness but can seem very real.

The best way to deal with it is to do what your doctors tell you and take your medicine.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old June 23, 2003, 20:47   #33
Thorn
Prince

Local Time: 00:22
Yeah I'm sure reading Harry Potter, and watching harry potter's movies... while dopped up on drugs that they perscribe is a solution.....
Old June 23, 2003, 20:51   #34
Cruddy
Warlord

Distraction is a partial solution Thorn.

When you can unconciously distract yourself you will have it licked.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old June 23, 2003, 20:56   #35
Cruddy
Warlord

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure reading Harry Potter, and watching harry potter's movies... while dopped up on drugs that they perscribe is a solution.....
Maybe if you told your therapist to quit the HP crap or you will sue for malpractice they woud realise 2 things;

a) You are getting better - or at least less fixated.

b) You are pi55ed off with their attitude and they better shape up quick.
Old June 23, 2003, 20:58   #36
Thorn
Prince

I can't sue I don't have any money... and anyway it is my parents health insurance... and they don't listen to me... its a lost cause...
Old June 23, 2003, 20:58   #37
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Think happy thoughts - works for me

Old June 23, 2003, 20:59   #38
Thorn
Prince

If Harry Potter wasn't fictional I think I'd murder him!
Old June 23, 2003, 21:00   #39
Alexander's Horse
Deity

That's the way - happy thoughts

Old June 23, 2003, 21:19   #40
Cruddy
Warlord

Quote:
I can't sue I don't have any money... and anyway it is my parents health insurance... and they don't listen to me... its a lost cause...
You don't have money now - but things might be different in the future, if you want them to be.

No therapist is going to want a legal time bomb - I'm not saying you should sue, I'm saying it might make them reconsider this therapy of rabbitting on about HP.

It's also a step in the right direction so far as displaying a non-violent attitude to solving problems. Keep finding ways to solve problems that don't involve violence and you're there.

I'm not saying you won't feel the impulse to hurt other people (we all get that). The trick is to find a solution that doesn't use that way.
Old June 23, 2003, 21:37   #41
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 22:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18
If so demon possession could be a possibility.
I agree with obiwan.

This is serious.

I need you to go find the largest grapefruit you can find, and get two of them. You need to eat one and shove the other one up your ass. Don't remove the other one from your ass until 3 days after you've eaten the other grapefruit.

Then you will be cured.
Old June 23, 2003, 21:42   #42
Cruddy
Warlord

Asher, go superglue your lips together.

On second thoughts, bite all your fingers off. You will then have a use for that superglue I recommended.
Old June 23, 2003, 21:47   #43
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Superglue! Good idea.

You may need some lubrication, Evan, so you need to find some superglue to help with the grapefruit!

Cruddy.
Old June 23, 2003, 21:54   #44
Cruddy
Warlord

On 2nd thoughts Thorn, with so many arseholes around it's not surprising you feel like murdering a few...
Old June 23, 2003, 21:56   #45
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Cruddy, obviously oblivious to who Thorn is.
Old June 23, 2003, 22:00   #46
Tuberski

Local Time: 23:22
Ya think?

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 23, 2003, 22:04   #47
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
I need you to go find the largest grapefruit you can find, and get two of them. You need to eat one and shove the other one up your ass. Don't remove the other one from your ass until 3 days after you've eaten the other grapefruit.

Then you will be cured.
Had enough or would you care to continue ranting?
Old June 23, 2003, 22:06   #48
Alexander's Horse
Deity

oh come on - there is no such thing as demonic possession.

I'm a practicing catholic, a veritable pillar *cough* of the church, and I think its all hooey!

Old June 23, 2003, 22:10   #49
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
I'm a practicing catholic, a veritable pillar *cough* of the church, and I think its all hooey!
Really. I would think most Catholics would support such a position over a Protestant like myself.

What makes you think demon possession false?
Old June 23, 2003, 22:10   #50
Cruddy
Warlord

Well, tell me, informed Asher.

Maybe I should just quit trying to help people who are so fkved in the head they think it's cool to pretend to be fvked in the head.
Old June 23, 2003, 22:11   #51
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Had enough or would you care to continue ranting?
At least my post was helpful.
Old June 23, 2003, 22:14   #52
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

I'm sure your mood brightened.
Old June 23, 2003, 22:19   #53
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

I think you are both possessed!

*runs to fetch Garlic*
Old June 23, 2003, 22:19   #54
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Quote:

What makes you think demon possession false?
Advances in science. People described as possessed in the bible were what we would call mentally ill today.

Look, everybody has voices in their mind - its part of the way the mind works. The problem for some people is because of an illness, be it genetic or chemical or as a result of an injury, they lose the ability to manage their internal voices. This is one definition of mental illness. It can manifest as "demonic" voices but that is a symptom of illness, nothing more.

Old June 23, 2003, 22:20   #55
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruddy
Well, tell me, informed Asher.

Maybe I should just quit trying to help people who are so fkved in the head they think it's cool to pretend to be fvked in the head.

You should quit trying, ot better yet pretend you have helped him.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 23, 2003, 22:26   #56
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
I think you are both possessed!

*runs to fetch Garlic*
Actually, I rather like garlic.

AH:

Quote:
It can manifest as "demonic" voices but that is a symptom of illness, nothing more.
Agreed, most cases will seem explained by science and can be cured, but I think that there are still some that cannot. Jesus also talks about demon possession in the Gospels.

I don't know very much about demon possession, so I thought Catholics since they perform exorcisms would naturally know more about the criteria, and what to do with demon possession.
Old June 23, 2003, 22:32   #57
Cruddy
Warlord

Quote:

I don't know very much about demon possession, so I thought Catholics since they perform exorcisms would naturally know more about the criteria, and what to do with demon possession.
It depends on the national culture really.

Demonic possession and exorcism is still practised in Italy for sure... but it's a lot rarer in other parts of the world.

India often has demonic possession cases - but as these aren't handled by Exorcists they are beyond the scope of my answer.

Ask most Catholic priests in the UK for an exorcism and he'll tell you he needs a psychiatric report first - not to say some who've been on missionary duty overseas are a little more open minded on the subject.

Whether it is "real" or not to science is irrelevent. It's real enough to the sufferer.
Old June 23, 2003, 22:45   #58
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Quote:

AH:

Agreed, most cases will seem explained by science and can be cured, but I think that there are still some that cannot. Jesus also talks about demon possession in the Gospels.
Jesus was a person of his time. Mental illness in those times was often called demonic possession. I think only 1 gospel emphasises those healings.

Quote:

"Exorcism" needs to be demystified. Its really just a blessing. I've been present at what might be termed exorcisms, of people and places. Priests will do it if they think it will help but you will go a long way to find a priest who will actually say definitely someone is "possessed" rather than "ill". The blessing can however help to give people peace of mind and that is the main reason this form of blessing is done I think. Its not like Hollywood.