View Poll Results: Are you interested in playing a Civ2 Democracy Game of Exodus?
Yes - Sign me up right away! 20 66.67%
No - It will never work. 6 20.00%
Maybe - Just a small role please! 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 15, 2003, 22:19   #121
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 04:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I don't remember Exodus being challenging, though I did not play it on deity. I'll be on two trips in August, but the first is just a maximum of a week, so count me in.
Old July 15, 2003, 22:33   #122
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 23:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
Well... I would volunteer for the newspaper editor job. I was hoping there'd be something like that
You can volunteer for a paper right now that has already has a high standard of excellence and devotion to propoganda, err, I mean the thruth. RFDG is looking for a new editor of PRAVDA.

Pinky: You need to send DanQ a pm telling him you are interested in playing
Old July 16, 2003, 07:12   #123
Insurgent
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:23
Sorry, I haven't been keeping track of this thread for a while. Thanks, EmuGod for the heads up...

Could I join the Likud, but low on the list - as I would like to seek a front command... I'm an offensive manoevre warfare style fighter - and my idea would be to attack into the Arab heartlands in support of the efforts to conquer the West Bank and the Gaza Strip! We will have a much better position for negotiating with me in Damascus!

I'll write DanQ...
CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD AND DOWNLOADS!
Old July 18, 2003, 06:34   #124
Insurgent
Chieftain

Okay, there's no Likud party. Let's see... I believe conmcb represents some party of my liking. Can I join, conmcb? I would like to join, but not run for the Knesset - as I would like to apply for a front command.
We need a decisive and quick victory in order to secure Israel in the future and scare the Arabs off for good!
Old July 19, 2003, 11:46   #125
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 00:23
Just to add to the proposal posted by H Tower, the knesset should also include the Israeli President, who would be in charge of making sure that the other members of knesset are doing their jobs correctly and will manage the sub-forum when it is created.

The Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence Forces could also be included. The Chief of Staff would be responsible for creating a general strategy for the war and would manage the airforce and navy. The chief of Staff would also coordinate efforts with the front leaders to make sure that the war is being fought effectively on all fronts.
Old July 19, 2003, 14:04   #126
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 06:23
Quote:
Originally posted by Insurgent
Okay, there's no Likud party. Let's see... I believe conmcb represents some party of my liking. Can I join, conmcb? I would like to join, but not run for the Knesset - as I would like to apply for a front command.
We need a decisive and quick victory in order to secure Israel in the future and scare the Arabs off for good!
hi ,

did you had a good look around , .....

have a nice day
Old July 19, 2003, 17:19   #127
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Re: Government proposal
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
It doesn't seem like anyone has come out with a complete government proposal yet, so allow me to be the first
Thank you for voluntaring on that, H Tower

Quote:
IDF
Generals only command troops, no cities and no zion workers unless specially worked out with the Minister of Infrastructure and settlement

Northern Front - Golan Heights and Lebanon
Judean Front - Haifa to Netanyah to Jerico to Tiberius
Jerusalem\South East Front - West Jerusalem to Eilat (stretching along the border with Jordan)
Gaza Front - Ashdod, Gevaram, Tekumah
I like those fronts, but there should be some kind of cooperation 'cause, for instance, Tiberius could be considered part of the Norther Front instead of Judean Front. I suggest that the Prime Minister puls the front commander should start with your suggested fronts and do little changes when needed

Quote:
KNESSET
Minister of Immigration - In charge of bringing in immigrants from Cyprus and Saudi Arabia
Prime Minister - Plays the end of turn, person in charge, appoints Generals
Minister of Infrastructure and settlement - Controls city build queues, and zion workers.
Minister of Economy and Science - Sets the science/tax/luxury rate approves all rushbuys. Manages the treasury
I agree with that. However I have a minor suggestion: we can merge the minister of Immigration and Minister of Infraestructure in one single ministery if no enough people volunter to be part of goverment.

Quote:
LESSER POSSIBLE OFFICES
Daily Haifa - Newspaper editor charged with generating stories about the game
The great Stefan will do that

Quote:
Mossad - Efficiency experts, keeping track if cities are being optimally used?
We maybe would get Mossad unit later on the game, so I think that he will be the one who moves the units. Until we get mossad unit, he can coordinate the spy efforts (you know, when we do a little trip in order to see where the foe units are)

Quote:
Deputy Ministers - Fill in ministers that are absent, those on vacation, etc, etc.
I think that we don't need deputy ministers. We can get replacements if needed, but this is only my opinion.

Quote:
Admiral - Not neccesary IMO since the minister of immigration controls the transports and our small navy can be controlled by the generals who have ships along their front
I agree. The fleet should be divide and assigned to the North or the Gaza front.

Quote:
ORDER OF TURN PLAY

1st: Prime Minister
2nd: Northern Front
2nd: Judea Front
2nd: Jerusalem Front
2nd: Gaza Front
2nd: Minister of Immigration
2nd: Minister of Infrastructure and Settlement
3rd: Minister of Economy and Science
4th: Mossad (optional)
5th: Prime Minister

All of the positions that are noted as 2nd are interchangeable, they can be played in any order. Order will be maintained through use of a turn thread, where ministers and generals are allowed to sign in and sign out the save. See the Red Front Demo Game for example.
I like that order!

Quote:
ATTAINMENT OF POSITIONS
Prime Minister - Every 6 game months, an election will be held. Votes of no confidence can occur at any time. Simple majority rules in both cases.
Direct election? Or should be elect the Knesset member and then they would elect the PM?

Quote:
Generals - Chosen by the Prime Minister, serve at the Prime Minister's pleasure.
Yes, of, course. The generals should be under the control of the prime minister.

Quote:
Knesset offices - Selected by Rpime Minister. (I imagine that some back room dealing will go on between parties to chose a Prime Minister, here's where the reward to the other party comes in).
Deputies - Selected by the office holder.
Mossad - Selected by Prime Minister, serves at his pleasure.
I agree with that.

Quote:
MY COMMENTS ON MY PROPOSAL:
-This may be a bit too ambitious for us, as of 12 hours ago, there were only 11 of us who had sent Dan a pm, and my plan calls for at least 8 positions.
I hope more people will join when the forums opens..

Quote:
-It's been a long time since I played this scenario, I may have completely butchered what a Front should be, in fact, they aren't really fronts since the enemy is all around us and between us, perhaps they should be called military districts instead...
I believe that the fronts should be flexible, as stated above. In this game we need more coordination than eveer!

Quote:
-This isn't a revolutionary style of government I've set up exactly, most of it I've ripped from the Red Front Demo Game with a few changes. For other styles of civ2 government, check out
regular civ2 demo game
Military branch of Red Front DG government
Political side of Red Front DG government
Don't worry! I like it a lot

Quote:
-Oh yeah, if someone knows of a website that shows Israeli medals, we need to get someone working on adapting them for our game use, where we can award them to people who have distinguished themselves in our game. Check out the Red Front DG medals here

EDIT: we need to design a civgroup icon too
Ask the israelian guys I believe that Siro has volunteer to do that
Old July 19, 2003, 17:20   #128
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Guys, PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEND DANQ a PM. If you can't use PM, send him a e-mail. Thank you for your help

BTW, I've been out the last week, that was the reason for me to not post here
Old July 19, 2003, 17:53   #129
Nibbe
Civilization II PBEM
Settler

Local Time: 04:23
Do i have to do stuff that's into the game?
Can't i just vote in the elections and stuff lika that? ^^
Old July 19, 2003, 18:00   #130
yaroslav
Emperor

Yes, you can simply vote and give an opinion whenever you want. It is called 'citizienship': you're a member of the state but you are not in charge of anything
Old July 19, 2003, 19:53   #131
EmuGod
Prince

I'm working out how the knesset can work so I'll post that soon. I think that we should call the fronts based upon the enemy civilizations begin fought. For exampl,e the Egyptian Front would be at Gaza and the Sinai Peninsula. The Jordanian Front would be all along the Jordanian frontier etc.
Old July 19, 2003, 23:58   #132
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Re: Re: Government proposal
Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
Direct election? Or should be elect the Knesset member and then they would elect the PM?
Yes, I believe that we are going with the Knesset member elections way, not mine. EmuGod tried to explain it to me, took him 45 minutes and I'm still not sure how it's going work
Old July 20, 2003, 09:18   #133
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

, why dont we hold a chat , .......

in lets say the civ2exo room , ......

have a nice day
Old July 20, 2003, 13:54   #134
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

, why dont we hold a chat , .......

in lets say the civ2exo room , ......

have a nice day
I'll be idling in #civ2exo from now on. Or at least as much as possible since the server quits every other day or so
Old July 20, 2003, 14:20   #135
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

I'll be idling in #civ2exo from now on. Or at least as much as possible since the server quits every other day or so
hi ,

excellent , its up and running

now all we need is HT to show up , .....

where are you of too now HT , .....

have a nice day
Old July 23, 2003, 10:01   #136
Insurgent
Chieftain

OK, sorry, you'll have to count me out of the game. I can't participate... I thought it would be a July thing... I won't have time after July... Sorry.
Old July 23, 2003, 16:06   #137
yaroslav
Emperor

Hi all!

The minimum number of players in order to create our own forum has been reached. It's time to elect a group of moderators and start the game!

Any sugerences? I have two:

- EmuGod -> The guy who started all
- H Tower -> (if he wants). He has experience as a moderator in others forums
Old July 23, 2003, 21:18   #138
EmuGod
Prince

I think yaroslav would also make a good choice.
Old July 24, 2003, 11:28   #139
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

I agree... you three guys should be moderators
Old July 24, 2003, 11:58   #140
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Are we going to get the sub forum soon?

I could moderate as well if H Tower doesn't want to do it. Im doing it at HB right now.

I dont think Yaro will be available but I could be wrong. If he is he would be great as well.

EMUGOD would do a good job as well.
Old July 24, 2003, 16:51   #141
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

so whats the final status , .....

HT mentioned in a chat that he no longer wanted to ask Dan , .....

have a nice day
Old July 25, 2003, 10:57   #142
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

Yaroslav , so how far are we on this , .....

have a nice day
Old July 26, 2003, 02:09   #143
H Tower

I'll do the mod "work" if people want me to. Of course I'd be happy to defer to EmuGod or Yaroslav since they were the visionaries behind this whole thing.

panag, I didn't want to send Dan a pm for a couple reasons, #1 he has yet to respond to more than one pm of mine as it is, #2 As of right now I have no official leadership role for our little group, so it isn't my place to complain too loudly if the forum isn't made yet, #3 Dan probably has the new forum creation somewhere on a LONG list of things to do and doesn't need me reminding him.

Of course, that was more than a week ago, now would seem like a reasonable time to bring up the subject again...
Old July 26, 2003, 10:04   #144
EmuGod
Prince

Earlier I posted that I think we should have a President who would do the moderating and would manage the knesset, perhaps this person could be a secondary moderator to H Tower or whoever is chosen to moderate the group. That way, the permanent moderator can also do other things in the game.
Old July 26, 2003, 11:33   #145
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
I'll do the mod "work" if people want me to. Of course I'd be happy to defer to EmuGod or Yaroslav since they were the visionaries behind this whole thing.

panag, I didn't want to send Dan a pm for a couple reasons, #1 he has yet to respond to more than one pm of mine as it is, #2 As of right now I have no official leadership role for our little group, so it isn't my place to complain too loudly if the forum isn't made yet, #3 Dan probably has the new forum creation somewhere on a LONG list of things to do and doesn't need me reminding him.

Of course, that was more than a week ago, now would seem like a reasonable time to bring up the subject again...

hi ,

a mail was send to Dan , Dan wrote back that Yaroslav should be asked on the status , .....

so , Yaroslav , whats the deal , .......

have a nice day
Old July 26, 2003, 14:14   #146
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod
Earlier I posted that I think we should have a President who would do the moderating and would manage the knesset, perhaps this person could be a secondary moderator to H Tower or whoever is chosen to moderate the group. That way, the permanent moderator can also do other things in the game.
That's fine by me, as long as I'm allowed to play a part in the game besides moderator
Old July 26, 2003, 16:34   #147
yaroslav
Emperor

Reporting:

We'll get our mod as soon as we will elect the moderators. There've been 12 users who've sent PM to DanQ, but there probably will be more active users (I hope).

I see a problem about president-moderators: we can't change moderators easily, so I would propose to have a fixed set of moderators independent of the president of Israel.

I'm not pretty sure if I will be here in some months, so if I can't be moderator alone. I would only consider to be moderator if there are others moderators, and I firmly believe that Emugod, H Tower, and my friend BUMP King (conmcb25) are better moderators than I would be.

So, there's a poll! Vote for your favourite moderators. Tomorrow or the day after I want to send a PM to DanQ in order to start the game. Hurry up, people! Let's say that we all have three votes. Mines are for conmcb25, Emugod and H Tower
Old July 27, 2003, 20:46   #148
H Tower

so we'll have 3 mods then?

I vote for Emugod, Yaroslav and H Tower
Old July 27, 2003, 22:56   #149
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

well if you guys need a small forum mod , .....

plenty of time for the next 6 months

have a nice day
Old July 28, 2003, 16:43   #150
yaroslav
Emperor

Ok, guys, I don't want to delay it more time... I'm going to send DanQ a PM saying that Emugod and H Tower are the moderators. If more moderators are allowed, anyone other or me could be the third moderator.