Old June 23, 2003, 20:18   #1
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 00:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Chat 12 schedule (and space for orders)
OK. It is monday. I will try and hold a chat sometime this week. For me, the best time will either be this thursday or, if we wish to wait to the weekend, sunday. I am considering both dates. I would like to have one earlier than thursday, but having one tomarrow is probably to soon for people to schedule, and I teach Wednesday nights (summer vacation starts in 2 weeks - who hoo).

I have no objections to one of the VP's doing a chat if wednesday works better for everybody. The thursday chat will be evening my time (which is late for most euros). Sunday I can schedule at any time that is good for you all as I am currently open all day.

The game should still be in v. 1.14. If not, someone please let me know and I will upgrade (I wanted to do this just at the end of our term anyways, but I wanted to wait a bit just in case there was an error in the new version of the latest patch).

Oh ya, ministers, why don't you post orders here as well.

OK. Thanks all.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 23, 2003, 22:53   #2
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Thursday works well for me. Weekend is OK too.
Old June 25, 2003, 08:07   #3
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Ack - Thursday is now NOT good for me. Weekend is fine.
Old June 25, 2003, 09:21   #4
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 06:23
Re: Chat 12 schedule (and space for orders)
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
OK. It is monday. I will try and hold a chat sometime this week. For me, the best time will either be this thursday or, if we wish to wait to the weekend, sunday. I am considering both dates. I would like to have one earlier than thursday, but having one tomarrow is probably to soon for people to schedule, and I teach Wednesday nights (summer vacation starts in 2 weeks - who hoo).

I have no objections to one of the VP's doing a chat if wednesday works better for everybody. The thursday chat will be evening my time (which is late for most euros). Sunday I can schedule at any time that is good for you all as I am currently open all day.

The game should still be in v. 1.14. If not, someone please let me know and I will upgrade (I wanted to do this just at the end of our term anyways, but I wanted to wait a bit just in case there was an error in the new version of the latest patch).

Oh ya, ministers, why don't you post orders here as well.

OK. Thanks all.
hi ,

there aint an error in it

there are some errors in the scenario folders with some new bix , but we dont need that , .....

we really should upgrade ASAP

>>> http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=89185

have a nice day
Old June 26, 2003, 00:09   #5
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Thursday evening would likely be unattendable for me too. Sunday would be unpredictable, though quite possible...

Edit: Also, I'd like do a short FAM trade play for the techwhore deal. Is that okay, GK?

Last edited by Kloreep; June 26, 2003 at 00:16.
Old June 26, 2003, 00:58   #6
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 21:23
Is this going to be a turn thread?
Old June 26, 2003, 12:58   #7
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
Is this going to be a turn thread?
hi ,

its been done before why not , ......

have a nice day
Old June 26, 2003, 14:00   #8
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I would prefer to do a chat. Sounds like sunday is the day. Times please? I would prefer another breakfast chat like we had 2 weeks ago, but let me know. If nobody states a preference today, assume it will be another breakfast one.

Kloreep - go ahead and do your FAM trades.

I still haven't heard if we converted to 1.21 or not when OPD ran it last time. Anybody know?

--Con
Old June 26, 2003, 14:06   #9
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
I would prefer to do a chat. Sounds like sunday is the day. Times please? I would prefer another breakfast chat like we had 2 weeks ago, but let me know. If nobody states a preference today, assume it will be another breakfast one.

Kloreep - go ahead and do your FAM trades.

I still haven't heard if we converted to 1.21 or not when OPD ran it last time. Anybody know?
hi ,

a chat at sunday that would fall in reasonable times with both europe and the states would be intresting , .....

indeed no responce on upgrading , aldo there is a poll ( see post above ) that tell's that most people want to upgrade , ......

have a nice day
Old June 26, 2003, 15:31   #10
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Re: Breakfast chat - what time? Earlier would actually be better for me; 6:00 EDT again? Perhaps 6:30?

I'll do FAM trades in a minute and post the new save & log.
Old June 26, 2003, 16:13   #11
Kloreep
Emperor

Tech parity deals went smoothly. I also bought some maps with old tech and then traded our map around, getting a fair amount of gold thanks to all the new maps.

Bought Code of Laws from Korea in exchange for our TM, 191 gold, and 12 gpt
Peace treaty renegotiated with England. They give Map Making, TM, 2 gpt, and 11 gold; we give Code of Laws.
Code of Laws sold to the Ottomans for their TM, Philosophy, and 13 gold.
Sold Iron Working to India in exchange for WM and 8 gold.
Sold Philosophy to Babylon for WM and 3 gold
Sold Philosophy to Japan for WM and 11 gold
Sold WM to Egypt for 6 gold
Sold WM to Persia for 5 gold
Sold WM to Zulus for 5 gold
Sold WM to Korea for 8 gold
Sold WM to Spain for 11 gold
Sold WM to Germany for 8 gold
Sold TM to Iroquois for 3 gold and their WM

So, we lost 191 gold and 12 gpt; however, we gained 87 gold and 2 gpt. That's a net loss of 304 gold (once all the gpt goes both ways), but in exchange, we brought ourselves up to tech par by getting Code of Laws, Philosophy, and Map Making, and we also got a lot of maps. This world is definitely going to be interesting for Berserkers...

Also, we're still on 1.14, unless 1.21 saves are downgradable.
Attached Files:
Old June 26, 2003, 16:29   #12
GodKing
Emperor

Good job.

I am thinking that sometime between 5-7 Eastern would work well for me to start at, adn I can go for about 8 hours if people have the interest.

The only thing I have scheduled is at 5 eastern, and that can be rescheduled easily.

Lot of nice maps - I will have to download and peek tonight.

I am suggesting that after this chat, we upgrade. As this will be the final chat of our term, that will work well. I have been keeping my eye out, and I have heard of nothing significant when a game starts in 1.14 and is upgraded to 1.21 occurring, so I suspect we will not have any problems. I agree we should upgrade, but I wanted to wait a little bit until we were sure there are no problems.

--Con
Old June 26, 2003, 17:41   #13
Kloreep
Emperor

to upgrading.

My schedule depends on another tournament I'm in. If I lose my second match on saturday, I should be available all of sunday. If I win my second match, I may have only two hours or so at the chat depending on when it starts.

An 8 hour chat would be interesting, so long as we had breaks, but I'm doubting all the ministers could that long ... maybe 4 or 5 hours...
Old June 26, 2003, 21:49   #14
Beta
lifer
Deity

Great job Klo. Costly - but worth it IMO.

Upgrade - yes.

8 hour chat - no. If we start at 6 I can go for say, 4 hours.
Old June 27, 2003, 00:23   #15
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 21:23
Sounds about like you had thought it would go Kloreep. Good job.

Definitely upgrade. I haven't seen any problems from my SP games from upgrading mid-game.

5-7 EST? Ouch, won't be joining that one. We U.S. west coasters don't get up that early. My wife would kill me if I got up that early to play a game (and it wasn't with her ).
Old June 27, 2003, 04:40   #16
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:23
Start with her, then; join us later.

Which day and time zone are we talking about, anyway? Can someone summarize it for me?
Old June 27, 2003, 06:59   #17
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:23
Quote:
Nope still 1.14.
It took me a while and was a pain in the behind changing from 1.21 to 1.14 but I did it. Thanks to Dejon in the end for a file transfer.
Old June 28, 2003, 15:13   #18
GodKing
Emperor

Does 7 am sound like a good time. Hope so. See ya there.

--Con
Old June 28, 2003, 21:41   #19
Beta
lifer
Deity

7 am it is. I'll be there.
Old June 28, 2003, 23:28   #20
Kloreep
Emperor

I assume you mean 7 EDT. Sounds good. I can be there for two hours.
Old June 29, 2003, 06:57   #21
GodKing
Emperor

Hmmmm, I am here, but I don't see anybody else. Guess I will wait a bit.

--Con
Old June 29, 2003, 07:47   #22
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

"Here" "7 AM" ?

Sorry - you're not posting the place, the day and the time zone. How do you expect us to find you? The internet is quite big.
Old June 29, 2003, 09:59   #23
GodKing
Emperor

Sorry BFM. 7am eastern US time (with daylight saving).

The chat is almost over now, but we will be around for an hour from this posting I suspect.

--Con
Old June 29, 2003, 14:26   #24
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Ah? Today?!. Damn. I could have made that chat.

Too bad.

Next time - please use GMT standard time and post a date with it.