Old May 12, 2004, 20:11   #271
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 06:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
General question: how is it possible that 2 bases disappear from the map, and that no message can be found that atrocities are committed against us? I can believe that the Drones selfdestruct their troops every time they get a base, even that they obliterate them, but where can I find this info?

Further more, Impaler, do you have a pressend of your last placements? I like to see what the situation was before the attack on Pi Square and Apolyton Prime.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old May 13, 2004, 14:25   #272
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
General question: how is it possible that 2 bases disappear from the map
Pi Square obliterated by the drop plasma garrison on (70.58).
Apolyton Prime obliterated by a drop rover probably dropped on (69.57) which then used our own road network to move to Apolyton Prime and obliterate it. Then the rover would still have 2/3 movement point left, so my guess is the rover moved to (66.66) to hide in the fungus and prepare for an attack on Zetaris or Logic Loop next year. Unfortunately for us a pretty smart move of buster.

Quote:
but where can I find this info?
Nowhere I guess.
Old May 13, 2004, 17:29   #273
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Ok, thanks for the info.

I'll play the turn over 20 hours. Just in time thus.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old May 14, 2004, 20:29   #274
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
remember that it's sunspot time - so no atrocities are reportable

G.
Old May 15, 2004, 02:55   #275
GeoModder
Deity

Also for atrocities committed against your own faction??

In a SP game your enemy for life immediately, even under sunspot. But it's explains why I still see a nice commerce between Hive-Drones, since the Hive can't be aware of this then (officially, at least).

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old May 15, 2004, 02:59   #276
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, something else. In future I plan to play the turn as soon as I have time, which will be quite offen shortly after it is available in the tracking thread. I need to do this since I'm getting in a more busy time schedule.

So people who still want to participate and comment, keep this in mind. Remember, last pressend will be available only upon request since I can't upload or attach files here in the private forum, and I'm sick of PMing around for someone putting it up in our forum.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old May 15, 2004, 07:39   #277
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

I think this is a good idea, we should try to wrap this game up quickly, with the loss of our capital (and presumably Zetaris next turn) we will start to go down very fast.

Theirs incressingly less to plan and for internal affairs (formers crawlers being destroyed, bases all producing military units). So if its ok with Geo I will perhaps just make some general sugjestions from now on rather then a detailed Internal Affairs list of orders.

I think we managed to hold off the Hive and Drones for a reasonably long period of time, activity continues to acccelerate for the next Democracy game so 2 more weeks seems to be a good goal for finishing the game. Likly Hive/Drones can win once sun-spots end.

Good job all around and hope to crush you in the next game
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old May 15, 2004, 13:47   #278
GeoModder
Deity

Just keep one thing in mind for suggestions, Impaler. In 2 turns I have to change back to Planned for one turn to nerve staple our population again...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old May 15, 2004, 18:44   #279
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

that sounds like a good idea, thouse Belivers are Rioting a lot
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche