Old August 1, 2003, 16:25   #31
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Answering the comments made in the turn reports thread:

Quote:
i think switch every turn (al long as it doesnt cost us a thing) so that we can confuse the hell out of them
Great suggestion! Constant SP switching would make a great article for 3D btw.

Quote:
grrr....i want some TOW-II rockets or simple stingers to shoot that copper out of the sky!...
We now have a Unity rover. It'll probably arrive in time before our truce with the Believers runs out.

Btw, does a probe need SAM ability to probe a chopper??
Old August 1, 2003, 17:16   #32
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010

Last edited by Googlie; October 14, 2003 at 12:30.
Old August 3, 2003, 17:34   #33
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Thanks for the tips.

So, should we build a probe to prepare for a mind control when the Believers turn hostile?
Old August 4, 2003, 14:43   #34
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 04:26
Sounds sensible. Details? Build it where? To stop them MCing us, or to MC them? Either way, good idea IMHO.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old August 6, 2003, 04:43   #35
Maniac

Drogue, I was thinking about mindcontrolling the chopper if Miriam turns hostile. It would make a great exploration unit, especially now I seem to have discovered a faction very close in the east.

Corellion, the Pi Square former finished building a road on (69.61), that rolling rainy river square. Should I still plant a forest there now, despite we agreed to wait with planting forests on rainy squares, or do something else instead?
Old August 6, 2003, 15:31   #36
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Maniac: Whatever takes your fancy You have power man, use it

MCing the chopper sounds good. How much?

Old August 6, 2003, 16:04   #37
Maniac

Quote:
How much?
I'll tell you once we have a probe team.
Old August 6, 2003, 16:31   #38
Drogue
staff

Sounds like a good plan Dammit, I want everything *now*. I have worse patience than a French women at the moment

Old August 7, 2003, 00:54   #39
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 23:26
Maniac: You, of course, have the power to make that decision for yourself, however I think we should hold off on the forest and continue with the road for now. After I get the presend file, I'll look at the situation more closely. In the meantime, if anybody has any other suggestions, feel free to bring them up.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old August 7, 2003, 09:14   #40
Maniac

Quote:
Maniac: You, of course, have the power to make that decision for yourself
Well I would like to avoid having to make non-emergency unbacked-up decisions on my own as much as possible, and leave the directors the last word (with me still giving my opinion of course). After all I argued for less power to the Prime Function in the constitutional debate.
Old August 7, 2003, 14:38   #41
Corellion
Prince

True true, but in this case, we're in agreement.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old August 9, 2003, 12:04   #42
Maniac

Good. Btw, I noticed there is no longer any difference in economy and labs production if we are at 50-50 instead of 40-60 energy allocation. I guess I'll change it if there is no objection (and unless we have to slow down our tech for a possible deal with Peace).
Old August 10, 2003, 17:12   #43
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Can we send the Apolyton Prime scout near boolean bay, and the unity rover into the fungus arround the garland crater? Now that we control the Manifold nexus, we should be trying to capture some worms, and the extra credits are always nice too

C
Old August 11, 2003, 06:26   #44
Drogue
staff

Nice idea Chaunk I'll second that.

Old August 11, 2003, 08:03   #45
Maniac

Great idea about the unity rover! But why do you want to send the Poly Prime scout to Boolean Bay? I was thinking of sending it to the Garland Crater as well, to cover the unity rover when it pops the Unity pod there.
Old August 11, 2003, 09:49   #46
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

nice one. get free units...
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 11, 2003, 13:47   #47
Corellion
Prince

Good idea. To the mindworms!
Old August 11, 2003, 19:57   #48
Maniac

I'll reply to Corellion's message here instead of in the order thread.

Quote:
Hmm... that sounds like a good idea, but we might want to save our ECs for the actual mind control (they do have +2 probe, and +4 if they have fundy... come to think of it, aren't they immune to probe actions with +4?). I don't mind control often though, so I may be over-estimating.
I just checked it. They are still frontier, not fundy. This means we can probe them, but with 50% higher costs.
Btw, if it works out and are about to probe, should we mind control directly, or try to hide the mind control (but lessening the probability of succes)?
Also, since we should save our cash, should I NOT hurry the former in DBTSverse Portal next year?
Old August 11, 2003, 20:31   #49
Corellion
Prince

Argh... I keep using the wrong threads.

That seems a prudent course of action.

Curses... the one thing I HATE doing most in these games is sacrificing economy/science for the sake of warfare. Damnit.

We are going to need more funds in the future. We can explore with the Unity Chopper, and then take a page from PEACE's book and act as a go-between. We can even gain favour with all other factions by taking less than PEACE's ridiculous rates.
Old August 12, 2003, 05:59   #50
Drogue
staff

I echo Corellion's sentiment. Although won't a 50% higher MC be about 400 or 500ec Maybe a little rich for us I say as a backup, get Ind Auto, Doc Flex and take out the pirates. Without synthmetal, they are easy targets, and when playing as the CyCon, I usually find I gain most by war, with tech steal and with the extra research, especially from sea bases I say hurry the former still. It's 19ec IIRC (new base with Planned?) and I think that's worth it. I think the chopper will be way to high, they aren't cheap even without the +50%. I don't think it's even worth trying actually. We won't be able to afford it. BTW: how much money do we have?

Old August 12, 2003, 06:55   #51
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Great idea about the unity rover! But why do you want to send the Poly Prime scout to Boolean Bay? I was thinking of sending it to the Garland Crater as well, to cover the unity rover when it pops the Unity pod there.
Yeah that's what I meant sorry, send them both to the Garland crater...

C
Old August 12, 2003, 07:46   #52
Maniac

Corellion:

Quote:
Argh... I keep using the wrong threads.
No no. I was "wrong" by asking you a question there.

Quote:
That seems a prudent course of action.
Ok. That means two (you and me) against hurrying in DBTSverse Portal, one (Drogue) in favour. Unless someone else wants to hurry, I'll NOT hurry then.

Quote:
Although won't a 50% higher MC be about 400 or 500ec
Wow. I've never mind controlled a unit for that amount of money. IIRC that only happens when you're close to their territory. But here the chopper could be far away from their territory. We don't know sure, but I think it's worth trying. Even if it is too costly, that probe unit isn't a waste. We can still use it for other purposes.

Quote:
BTW: how much money do we have?
My turn report says 111 ec.
Old August 12, 2003, 08:37   #53
Drogue
staff

Are you sure? Most times I've played I've had to spend a few hundred just to get an impact rover, and that was without them being Believers. I guess we'll see, but personally, I'd rather built a couple of 2-2-2 Laser Foils, maybe one probe foil to infiltrate (and then steal from) PEACE. I suppose a probe team could be useful for defense.

Old August 12, 2003, 11:28   #54
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26

Last edited by Googlie; October 14, 2003 at 12:33.
Old August 12, 2003, 11:42   #55
Drogue
staff

In that case, may I suggest hurrying the former and going for some base facilities? I will check he save when I get back, can now view it

Old August 12, 2003, 15:43   #56
Maniac

Great. Hurry the former then.
Old August 12, 2003, 18:40   #57
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

btw...how about getting some info from miriam? like datalinks to other factions...or maybe techs....even in truce they sometimes want to trade.
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old August 13, 2003, 05:20   #58
Drogue
staff

Go for it Maniac

Old August 20, 2003, 13:54   #59
Corellion
Prince

We now have the ability to switch to Free Market, and given that there is not Second Function's Office, I thought this should be posted here. I think we all know the benefits that a Free Market system can provide (despite the fact that, due to out-of-game reasons, I usually prefer Planned). The growth penalty won't be too big a deal compared to the higher research rates and added credit production. Since we aren't at war, and don't look to be for a while, the police penalty won't hurt too much (all units can get back into our territory, and I believe one of our scout patrols exploring the only area left on our continent is independent). At this early stage, the planet rating won't hurt us either. While we will lose our +1 industry, we can't compensate for that by switching to wealth, which will make our pact more valuable as well (commerce). It will cost 40 EC to switch which, at 60% labs, 40% econ, will take us 5 turns to make up. So, I believe the question of Free Market and, next turn, Wealth are now upon us.
Old August 20, 2003, 14:32   #60
Drogue
staff

Wait until we have finished building CPs and have finished our first SP. Get our units back in by then, and switch It's how I usually play it. I'm guessing about 10 years?