Old January 20, 2004, 06:55   #151
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 04:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
However, just to point out, the Turn Report thread is purely for turn reports. If you have a question relating to it, we usually post in the Prime Function's Office or one of the other officials if it's a specific matter. Just to keep the thread clean

Post moved from Turn Reports thread

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2004 at 10:46.
Old January 20, 2004, 06:57   #152
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I replied in that thread I will edit my post, but leave the reminder that it's an official thread there. Sorry

Old January 20, 2004, 08:59   #153
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:26
No problem. If you want, as a mod you could just move the posts to here.
Old January 20, 2004, 09:04   #154
Drogue
staff

I'll try, but I thought I could only move them to new threads. Lemme see

I can split threads. If I can move a post, how do I do it?

Old January 20, 2004, 09:52   #155
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

You can split threads to remove them out of "Turn report", and then merge threads to move to here. Sadly a bit of an extensive procedure, but if MarkG and DanQ don't give us DG and PSG moderators more powers, wo have to work with the means we have.

Btw, can I post the turn with the minor modifications proposed in the "minor matters" poll?
Old January 20, 2004, 10:38   #156
Drogue
staff

Sure. I was just going to follow orders etc. anyway. I'm not seeing Louise tonight () so I'll write the 3D article to accompany it

Old January 20, 2004, 10:49   #157
Drogue
staff

w00t It worked. Posts moved
(this is just me reveling in power )

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2004 at 10:57.
Old January 20, 2004, 17:13   #158
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 21:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I just noticed that Maniac ordered the Love boat to move to Athena Ancorage! WTF!!

Why move our best ship away from the front lines? It should have gone to Triplex ware it could heal up and potentialy attack Lair next turn. In Athena its going to be atleast 2 turns from reaching ANY peace base and would be practicaly useless for the remainder of the war. I though we discussed this in the MIRC Maniac you seemed to like the idea of moving it to Triplex and gave no indication that you wanted to move to Athena, an action I would have strongly advised against if you had mentioned it.

Instead you have one of our other impact Cruisers moving to Triplex (which is not in itself bad) but I had though you would have moved that one up towards Calico Island, now we will not be able to attack that base next turn.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 20, 2004, 17:24   #159
Maniac

I thought you had agreed to send it to Athena Anchorage. Probably a communication mix-up, as many proposals on where to send the ships to where floating around. Anyway, the ship would not have been able to attack or capture Lair anyway, because it only has 4 MPs left and Lair is 5 MPs away from Triplex. Fortunately the difference won't be as great, because Lair is the last PEACE sea base (besides Calico) anyway. So we can just send CCS Love Boat north to Calico after it's repaired.
Old January 20, 2004, 17:42   #160
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

I realize now that you did have that order in your initial External Affairs post but I must have missed it, I just assumed Love Boat would move westward rather then southward all this time as it seemed the obvious thing, I will try to read your orders more carfully from now on.

Also our units heal fast from navel bases correct? I am not shure adsactly how much they heal but I asumed it would have been enough to give the Love Boat enough movment to reach Lair on the next turn.

Further more it dosent explain the reason for going to Athena as Love boat could have reached Triplex instead which was a superior launching off point for any future movments?

Were you conserned about some attack from the south or perhaps bombarding Casablanca? Did you want to enter a base ASAP and not realize that Triplex was within range?
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 20, 2004, 19:43   #161
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Also our units heal fast from navel bases correct? I am not shure adsactly how much they heal but I asumed it would have been enough to give the Love Boat enough movment to reach Lair on the next turn.
It wouldn't have worked. A unit needs to stay for an entire turn in a base to repair. So this turn MY 2153 Love Boat could have moved into Triplex. MY 2154 it would have to stay there. Only MY 2155 it would be back in action. But our current plan is to capture Lair MY 2154, so that's too late.

Quote:
Further more it dosent explain the reason for going to Athena as Love boat could have reached Triplex instead which was a superior launching off point for any future movments?
The main reason was so that sea former blocking the passage between Casablanca and Athena could be destroyed if it was still there next year. That way CCS Impaler will be able to sail freely to Triplex. I know you've proposed using a western way to go to the island in the west instead of going through Triplex, but since you have plans to switch to FM soon, I thought, in order to avoid pacifism drones, it would be best to keep that transport in our territory instead of sending it through the empty ocean.
Old January 27, 2004, 18:05   #162
Drogue
staff

I'm really sorry, but I've just had something personal come up, and it looks like I won't be able to play tonight So sorry. If anyone wants to play the turn as ordered, and post it, please feel free to do so. If not, I should be able to play tomorrow.

I really must apologise for this, but it is unavoidable

Old January 27, 2004, 18:08   #163
Maniac

I probably can in some two hours.
Old February 2, 2004, 22:12   #164
Maniac

I've updated the turn report post with the PUT presend turn. Here is our CyCon turn. Could someone please download it and then post it as an attachment in the turn tracking thread, for the record and for getting our 48 hour deadline counting.

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Man...-CyCon2155.zip
Old February 2, 2004, 22:34   #165
Drogue
staff

Why? I am just about to do it, but is there a reason that you can't?

Old February 3, 2004, 10:04   #166
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

I pre-played our turn last night with a few assumptions:

Started the PEG in Zetaris, brought those 3 Mk9 crawlers in the base and used them to build the PEG.
After this, 96 credits were asked by the computer for finishing the project. The crawler that Zetaris just finished I brought to that mineral field east of Zetaris and let it harvest minerals. The mineral output is then 9, with 1 used for a former. 1 row of minerals needs to be payed for finishing PEG (16). Haven't counted out yet how much energy is needed to finish the project next turn.

I attacked HMB with the Mammoth force. First attack with the command rover. He became Elite after first attack, giving me an extra turn. Then attacked with the two impact marines, took HMB with a second turn of the rover, brought the whole mammoth force in the base and used the last turn from the rover to destroy one of the crawlers around HMB.

Also, the Impaler force brought to the Monolith east from Little Accident and let all land on it. I assumed that the probe in that transport had two turns, but when I land it on the Monolith, no extra movement anymore. Also, when I bring Impaler with the probe in HMB then also one movement is available for that probe. I don't get this, probe teams are supposed to have 2 movements?

Followed Impaler's suggestion and pop that pod near Athena Anchorage (switched to ResHos in AA). I got an IoD message and attacked and converted it in the seafungus just above the pod's position.

That's it.

I presume that for this turn we will let D:AP continue to research, but change it next turn when we got D:AP from the PUT?

Last edited by Maniac; February 3, 2004 at 10:19.
Old February 3, 2004, 10:24   #167
Maniac

GeoModder, you should know that it isn't allowed to play ahead. AFAIK it's ok to test some harmless IAF orders such as hurry orders to test the results, but it is not allowed to test such military movements such as poppping a unity or for example scouting with a ship to see if any hostile units are nearby. It would be allowed if that were the official orders that are certain to be executed, but at the moment that is not yet the case, I think.

Just saying to avoid any future troubles. PEACE once had a new member scouting with a probe foil without that being in the orders, and that way discovering our attack fleet in MY 2150. The Gods rightly so judged the action of the PEACE member was "playing ahead" and thus breaking the rules, and we were informed of the location of the offending unit so we coulf destroy it. I wouldn't want something similar to happen to us.
Old February 3, 2004, 10:27   #168
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
The crawler that Zetaris just finished I brought to that mineral field east of Zetaris and let it harvest minerals. The mineral output is then 9, with 1 used for a former. 1 row of minerals needs to be payed for finishing PEG (16). Haven't counted out yet how much energy is needed to finish the project next turn.
Was it ok for Impaler to use the newly built crawler to hurry the PEG, instead of hurrying with credits?
Old February 3, 2004, 11:27   #169
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
GeoModder, you should know that it isn't allowed to play ahead.
Oops, thought those were more or less the attack movements already described and to be executed later on?

Thus that is considered playing ahead. Ok, I'll keep it in mind.
Old February 3, 2004, 11:39   #170
Maniac

I think the moves for CCS Impaler and CCS Mammoth are more or less decided, like you did them, but for CCS Love Boat and the ships in Tassagrad I thought there wasn't a consensus yet. I'm not sure though.
Old February 3, 2004, 17:54   #171
Impaler[WrG]
King

Well is anyone oposed to poping that Pod with the Love Boat, so far we have 2 people in favor and no oposing plan.

Also the result of the Pop is randomized so when the REAL turn player dose it they will likly get something different and what ever it is that will be official.

The unit in the Ship is a 1 movment Point Probe DEFENCE not a Probe TEAM. Its build on a infantry chassie to reduce costs.

If we can use energy to hurry the PEG rather then cashing the new Crawler I would support such a thing aslong as the energy costs are reasonable say under 50 or so. If Zetaris gets to keep that Crawler then it can keep working that forest and bring in more minerals.
Old February 3, 2004, 18:16   #172
Maniac

I'll already play part of the turn with the seemingly agreed upon orders. Ok? Then we can better see what still needs to be done.
Old February 3, 2004, 19:10   #173
Maniac

Consciousness MY 2155 midturn report
  • IAF actions based on this post and following discussions.
  • Following Impaler's and GeoModder's suggestion, CCS Love Boat popped the unity pod. An IoD merged. I couldn't capture it. Attack resulted in 90% damage and a morale upgrade to veteran. The ship can go directly back to the repair docks for a few years.
  • CCS Mammoth with all four (so also the plasma garrison) units to (Henry) Morgan's Boat. First two attacks by the impact rover. 0% damage and on the second attack upgrade to elite. I then let it attack a third time and then it took 10% damage.
  • Plasma garrison captures HMB. Two credits assimilated. I can't scrap the naval yard in HMB, probably because PEACE scrapped the rec commons in their previous turn. Two doctors assigned, as one doctor wouldn't suffice to counter drone riots when the base would grow next turn. LL impact marine rehomed.
  • Units of CCS Impaler landed east of Little Accident. CCS Impaler sent to HMB.
  • What still needs to be done: hurry AP production if crawler production isn't switched. Decide where to send the impact cruiser and probe skimship (north for Calico?). Decide on what to do with the two impact marines and CCS Mammoth which still have MPs left. I was first thinking of loading them back on CCS Mammoth and send them already on their way to Pamplona, but there's a former right NE of Little Accident that will most likely move in the base to act as an extra defender. So we need to keep our rover on that island, so it can also attack Little Accident next year - two two marines won't suffice.

Consciousness MY 2155 midturn save
Old February 4, 2004, 18:14   #174
GeoModder
Deity

No sabotaging of Pampalona then?

And something I wonder: when those 2 impact marines in HMB had destroyed those 2 PEACE crawlers, couldn't they been put in the transport with 3 MV left? I thought units that finished their MV could be put in L-mode? Then that transport could have started to Pampalona already.

Post moved from Turn Reports thread

Last edited by Drogue; February 5, 2004 at 11:46.
Old February 4, 2004, 18:30   #175
Maniac

Quote:
No sabotaging of Pampalona then?

And something I wonder: when those 2 impact marines in HMB had destroyed those 2 PEACE crawlers, couldn't they been put in the transport with 3 MV left? I thought units that finished their MV could be put in L-mode? Then that transport could have started to Pampalona already.
No. There were different ideas on what to do with that probe foil, sabotaging, mind controlling sending it south or north, but no official poll or EAF orders, so then I have no clear sight of what I'm supposed to do.
As for the impact marines, they can still be put in the transport and shipped out, but unless the rover joins the marines, there are insufficient troops to attack Pamplona succesful. And because Little Accident will most likely have three defenders next year, the rover needs to stay in HMB this year.
Old February 5, 2004, 06:51   #176
GeoModder
Deity

A question for the next turn: Is there any thought about starting the NA somewhere?
Old February 14, 2004, 18:12   #177
Maniac

Government members, if you read this post, could you please reply?
(Just checking activity rates. )
Old February 14, 2004, 18:46   #178
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

I know I am not a government memeber but I am active.
Old February 15, 2004, 03:43   #179
GeoModder
Deity

grrrmph, can't a guy work around here?!

/me turns one more time...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 15, 2004, 15:33   #180
Maniac

No DBTS or Drogue around?

Anyway, I've aplayed most of the PUT turn. Please see the last post in the turn report thread. I edited Drogue's last post there. Please post any suggestion for change in the neccesary thread. If everything is fine, I'll finish the turn and pass it to CyCon.