Old June 25, 2003, 02:45   #1
boratborat
Settler

Local Time: 04:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
noob carrier question
how am i supposed to launch air-missions from a carrier??? the civilopedia says i can do air missions from a bomber/fighter thats been re-based on a carrier, but the buttons never appear, even when selecting the plane..... whats going on?
Old June 25, 2003, 04:50   #2
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 23:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Not sure I understand where your obstacle is. Are you sure you have the plane based on the carrier? Second, are you sure the plane is activated when you're trying to fly missions? Try right clicking on the carrier and clicking "Wake Transported", at which point the carrier will disappear and the plane will appear, along with the appropriate buttons.
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope
Old June 25, 2003, 05:22   #3
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 06:29
Re: noob carrier question
Quote:
Originally posted by boratborat
how am i supposed to launch air-missions from a carrier??? the civilopedia says i can do air missions from a bomber/fighter thats been re-based on a carrier, but the buttons never appear, even when selecting the plane..... whats going on?
hi ,

are you patched , ......

you have to wait one turn after relocation , ...... then they shall pop-up and are ready to be used , ....

have a nice day
Old June 26, 2003, 03:29   #4
Mad Bomber
King

Local Time: 00:29
You have to rebase your aircraft tio the carrier first. To do that click on the rebase button or hit Shift-R then move the mose over to your carrier, a small red circle or something similar should appear over the carrier. Left click onto the tile the carrier is located on, this will rebase the aircraft (ending the aircraft's turn) next verify that the aircraft has been rebased by right-clicking on the carrier, you should see the aircraft you have rebased listed. You can use the aircrat next turn either by waiting for the aircrafts turn or by clicking on the wake transported option.
* There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.