Old July 1, 2003, 00:16   #31
Mad Bomber
King

Local Time: 00:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker

You wouldn't have to go into the game code. There is IIRC already a save game editor out there. You could just plop in another leader.

The reason you don't need to go into the game code is because the only time the game would check if you have a leader is when an elite unit wins a battle and when you view the Military Advisor screen. In the latter case, the game would either a) crash or b) only show one of the leaders.

You learn somethng new everyday. Thanx for the info.
* There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.
Old July 1, 2003, 03:46   #32
Muad'Dib
King

Local Time: 04:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm greatfull for this thread. The rule book & cluebook never make mention that you can have only 1GL active.
I've been holding my current GL for when I get Theology to build Sistine. Always wondered way my Elites can never get another one. Especially when I had an elite swordsman get attacked 15X in one turn when a swarm of Barbs spilled out beneath his Mt. Fortress.
Old July 1, 2003, 10:52   #33
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Actually, Barbarian attacks are great for getting your units up to the Elite level...but a barbarian attack will never result to a Great Leader being spawned. This rule was purposely written in by Firaxis in order to keep the odds of spawning a GL within reason. So use the barbarians to promote your units to elite and then use these elites to attack your opponents (either AI or other human players) - then you have the possibility of spawning a GL.
Old July 1, 2003, 11:55   #34
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 21:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Actually, Barbarian attacks are great for getting your units up to the Elite level...but a barbarian attack will never result to a Great Leader being spawned. This rule was purposely written in by Firaxis in order to keep the odds of spawning a GL within reason. So use the barbarians to promote your units to elite and then use these elites to attack your opponents (either AI or other human players) - then you have the possibility of spawning a GL.
Yep. Otherwise you'd have everyone playing with raging barbs and let them keep all their camps. Great Leaders would abound and the AI wouldn't have a chance. You'd never have to start a war to get a leader, and barbarians aren't exactly coordinated so there would be little to no risk in getting one. The same thing goes for why killing a barbarian with a UU doesn't trigger a golden age.