Old September 6, 2003, 07:17   #151
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 14:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Come join in the murder investigation. Who to fall victim next ...
Old September 6, 2003, 13:28   #152
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 22:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
We need more plot for the murder comrade Vev. Who's behind it? The evil university?

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 7, 2003, 07:01   #153
Vev
King

To be honest, I'm still working on it. Although the possiblities are great. Who knows, those you hold closests may be the most dangerous.
Old September 10, 2003, 01:53   #154
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

ok my thought on what's going to happen in the near future:

Comrade HongHu found out that somebody were spreading rumors about the Hive not wanting perm pact with Drones
Comrade Vev gathered other info, incl: from pirates, that univ has got flexibility; from cycon, that university is doing gene altering experiment
Jamski went to visit the drones, wanting to find HongHu( ?)
He was almost murdered there and this was the time when we know that it was the univ gene altered probe team who did the former murder and attempted this one, aiming to disrupt the relationship bt hive and drones
Everybody go back to Hive
Chairman hold summit with senior Hive members, clear everything up
Although the secret power struggle was deemed to go on ...

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 10, 2003, 02:23   #155
Vev
King

Nice framework, now time to flesh in the details IC and throw in the odd directed threat or two

HongHu, the murdered governor was from Anvil of Man.
Old September 10, 2003, 09:39   #156
Snowflake
Princess

Well you know how rumors go.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 10, 2003, 09:44   #157
Snowflake
Princess

Somebody needs to write the PEACE welcome party at Hive, when a pirate talked about university also got flexibility. Comrade Vev could introduce the CC part briefly if a more detailed story cannot be brought about. Or simply wait later to introduce CC. Instead let pirates give us both info about flex and gene altering.

After the party I could write a post introduce Jamski's visit to Drones. And hopefully by that time he would come back and write something.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 10, 2003, 10:19   #158
Snowflake
Princess

Oh and Comrade Vev, are you sure that the evil deputy would "wish her well and the best of luck" as you do? It was him who issued the execution order after all.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 10, 2003, 19:36   #159
Vev
King

Just keeping a friendly face and being optimistic.

So how do we lay a foundation for the pirates to join in?
I think most likely they would have their agenda. But just to give them something interesting to work on, I guess they could be briefied about a Hive power struggle, mindworm experiments and murders.

However, we should not mention anything about the Drones, the meeting with them, the murdered governor, the investigation done by Comrade Vev in Drone land. We can cover all this up as sensitive Hive information.

However in turn 2135, we should brag about our SPs
Old September 10, 2003, 23:40   #160
Snowflake
Princess

They don't need to know anything. Remember it is a party. As chairman said, all official matters should be left at the door. Just give them lots of xenorums. Have some girl dances for the fine young men. And let's hear the talks. Cap'n Flubber's talk in the main forum is perfect to be used here. We could have some drunk Hivers too (coughspamskicough), who brag about SPs, mumbles about power struggles and murders, etc.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 10, 2003, 23:46   #161
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Yep pretty much. I'll even write up a segment too.
Old September 11, 2003, 02:31   #162
Vev
King

The story so far

Since landfall,

Characters

Voltaire: Chairman
Jamski: Deputy Chairman
Rokossovky: Marshal of the Red Army
Honghu: former official, now missing
Vev: Director of intelligence
Kody: Director of Development

Official Timeline

Feel free to add anything I have missed out

IC 1 Era

Jamski recruited Comrade Wujiang to conduct mindcontrol experiments with mindworms
Honghu allies with Marshal Rokossovky in a power struggle bid
There was a grand birthday party for the Marshal and events mysteriously fast forward twenty years

IC 2 Era
The Hive initiated first contact with the Drones

Comrade Vev disappeared, again, to perform covert ops and train a new batch of probe teams

Voltaire stepped down chairman and offered the position to HongHu whom she declined

Jamski is still cooking up evil plans

Comrade Honghu, Claire Forlani and Vev went for a diplomatic tour to the Drones at Anvil of Man
Which was unfortunately disrupted by a politcally sensitive murder
Vev remained behind to aide investiage and Honghu returned after intercepting a disturbing report on Jamski and gave it to the Marshal and Vev

Honghu returned to confront Jamski

Jamski decides to remove Honghu once and for all

HongHu escapes from Jamski with help and disappears from the face of the Hive

Soon another murder strikes in the Hive
Old September 11, 2003, 09:54   #163
Snowflake
Princess

Ahh very nice summary

A couple corrections:
IC 1
It was only 4 years rather than 20 years being fast forwarded
I'm not sure about my alliance but I guess that's ok

IC 2
Chairman intended to step down but never actually did
and this happens at IC 1
At IC 2 HongHu resigned as deputy

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 11, 2003, 10:00   #164
Snowflake
Princess

Updated Official Timeline

IC 1 Era

Jamski recruited Comrade Wujiang to conduct mindcontrol experiments with mindworms

Voltaire planned to step down from chairmanship and offered the position to HongHu whom she declined
HongHu allies with Marshal Rokossovky in a power struggle bid

There was a grand birthday party for the Marshal and events mysteriously fast forward 4 years when Marshal was sent away and Jamski dissappeared

IC 2 Era

The Hive initiated first contact with the Drones

Comrade Vev disappeared, again, to perform covert ops and train a new batch of probe teams

Kody gained political significance and HongHu resigned from Deputy Chairman

Marshal and Jamski came back with different evil plans

Comrade HongHu, Claire Forlani and Vev went for a diplomatic tour to the Drones at Anvil of Man
Which was unfortunately disrupted by a politcally sensitive murder

HongHu intercepted a disturbing report on Jamski and gave it to the Marshal and Vev

Vev remained behind to aide investiage and HongHu returned to confront Jamski

Jamski decides to remove HongHu once and for all

HongHu escapes from Jamski with help and disappears from the face of the Hive

Soon another murder strikes in the Hive

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 11, 2003, 11:14   #165
Snowflake
Princess

Comrade Kody, just read your IC story for PEACE. Would you be pasting it into the IC story thread?

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 13, 2003, 13:49   #166
Snowflake
Princess

IIRC comrade Vev was going to conduct another murder in two hours after the IC chat. I'm still waiting to see it... Also, who's doing the PEACE party? Vev or Chairman? Or anybody else?

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 13, 2003, 21:37   #167
Vev
King

I got hung up writing the summary instead
Old September 18, 2003, 19:44   #168
Vev
King

Due to nasty deadlines, my story writing will be postponed for the next 5-7 days.
Old September 19, 2003, 01:31   #169
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

By the way HongHu, if you want you can start copying the story over.
Old September 19, 2003, 08:49   #170
Vev
King

It was soon time to select a career path, to be part of the greater plan working for the glory of the hive. This is going to be a strange time. Many of his friends would head off into different careers and possibly lose contact. But he would meet new ones. His parents wanted him to work as one of the pioneering scientists to make his mark on the development of Hive science. His tests results suggested otherwise, although he possessed good intelligence and reasoning skills, the Hive Scientific Academy only accepted the brightest and the best. Who is it? Gina, she is bright one. Helped me out in study several times, and pointed to me directions I would never thought off. She is definately getting into the Scientific Academy.

Ah, to be the glamorous face of the hive and appear on movies and commercials or sing inspiration songs. If only he could be one. But with his face, which sports a broken nose from an accident, there is no way he could compete with all the other hopeful actors. Not everyone can become a Claire. As for singing, he sighed and proceeded on to the next career.

Be a doctor and heal the ill and wounded, the career guide brightly beamed. Doctors are always respected members in the hive community and there always seem to be one within a local community. However much respected they receive the same pay as many others working in civilian jobs. He doesn't have the head for memorising banks upon banks of medical treatments and produces. Plus the thought of cutting things up were a person's life depends on your actions does not sit well with him.

Join the Red Army and defend your motherland! So far the Hive haven't met any other human factions. But that doesn't mean the military hasn't been idle. Mindworms attacks, the bane of scouts and pioneering terrafomer teams. The Hive always needs more soldiers to fight off and defend against this ever present threat. The pay isn't great for the risks involved, but once you start climbing the ladder, conditions becomes much rosier. Still he tries to avoid military duty as much as possible.

Be part of the exploration corp! Seek and explore new exciting land. Be places where you never dreamed off. This offer looks great, except the exploration corp is under the command of the military. You could be expected to return and fight and at moment's notice. Kostya is off to the army, their family has a proud military history. He boasted one day he would become a commander.

He flipped through the more mudane roles, facotry workers, famers, energy harvesters and clerical staff. Hmm thinks looks intersting, Hive Intelligence. Hardly anyone get a position there. There are stories that those agents are fanatical and would do anything for the Hive.

Last edited by Vev; September 19, 2003 at 09:20.
Old September 19, 2003, 09:32   #171
Snowflake
Princess

Comrade Vev why are you posting it here instead of the IC story itself? It is a little detached for the moment, but I'm sure you can work this into the theme ...

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 19, 2003, 09:39   #172
Vev
King

It was to be a rough guide for ACDG introduction. Needs lots of polishing.
Old September 19, 2003, 11:26   #173
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
By the way HongHu, if you want you can start copying the story over.
Ok, I'll start doing that.

The entire story or only the Drone's related stuff?

Just read your post in the main forum. I'm thinking again we should perhaps publish our IC story somewhere sometime. Pity that SU left us before he got the website done.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; September 19, 2003 at 12:03.
Old September 19, 2003, 14:02   #174
Snowflake
Princess

Looks like we are all writing something just to avoid to write for the PEACE party. Hmmm...

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 26, 2003, 13:11   #175
Snowflake
Princess

Jamski are you going to give any orders to the probe team? And anybody is writing the PEACE party? At this pace we can only find the good captains at the PEACE Reservation base when the party actually starts.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 26, 2003, 17:33   #176
Kody
Emperor

Nobody is writing the peace party
Old September 27, 2003, 04:03   #177
Vev
King

They were bundled out after they lingered too long at the welcoming reception trying to drink anything that could intoxicate.
Old September 29, 2003, 10:15   #178
Snowflake
Princess

Is Lucinda Markov a victim of the mind control experiment?

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 29, 2003, 18:32   #179
Vev
King

Lucinda is a seer! She saved a minister during the Brotherhood of the Workers celebration by telling him not to go and then spilling juice on his shirt. There was another sabotage to break up the Hive-Drone alliance.
Old September 30, 2003, 00:07   #180
Snowflake
Princess

I knew it! Must have happened at the party night. Oh no the Marshal!

Grapefruit Garden