Old July 1, 2003, 00:08   #31
Mad Bomber
King

Local Time: 00:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Flip:

For the workers you need at least 4x's as many. In CIV 3 the true basis for your power is the worker as everything else stems from the time it takes for your workers to get tasks done. If you fail to produce an apropriate amount of workers you lose shields, food, and commerce and that is why you are way behind in tech (Egypt has at least a 5 tech lead on you and will probably start building its spaceship soon)

As I mentioned before, you should not have settled austrailia before settling territory on your own continent unless the city has a resource you need.

On a huge unmodded map you need 16 cities for a FP not having this means you are suffering from even more corruption than is necessary.

The RR is on your to do list???? Do you realize that it adds to every worker improvement you make? More lost shields, and food!
Getting your RR network up and running is a type A priority!

I don''t know the victory conditions that you have enabled, but it seems that this game could very well result in a defeat. You certainly will not win with culture victory, A diplomatic victory has passed. You don't have the tech's for SS construction (while other civ's do) nor the production capacity. Conquest at this late day is out of the question and Domination seems almost as unlikely.
* There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.
Old July 1, 2003, 02:49   #32
Flip McWho
Warlord

Local Time: 16:34
Righteo workers have now moved up on my list to priority A and I'll railroad till i can't see anything but.

Also I don't think victory is totally out of reach. I've got a plan for people that are building and launching spaceships on me. It requires me to be well extremely unliked. I might launch a ICBM and take the capital city, because i plan on having a task force in the general area of nations that are threats. Hopefully it'll work. It will probably mean I'll get bogged down in a world war and well hopefully the Aztec nation can beat everyone. (Gotta be optimistic).

Thanks for your opinions. Heres hoping I can somehow take victory.
Old July 1, 2003, 02:59   #33
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 23:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
MB nailed it. You're badly underdeveloped. The cure is a slew of workers. It looks like you've been slow getting Universities in your core cities, as well. Trade your map for as much as you can get for it and knock out some settlers in SA quick ! That land is too rich to let go to waste, and the map deals are too good to pass up. If you can wait a turn or two and get your settlement underway, then get just as good a deal on the map, do it. Of course, that settlement brings us back around to workers. Having the southern end of your empire roaded (or better, RR'd) would be a huge help in securing Argentina/Chile.
Old July 1, 2003, 07:41   #34
Mad Bomber
King

Local Time: 00:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Flip McWho
Also I don't think victory is totally out of reach. I've got a plan for people that are building and launching spaceships on me. It requires me to be well extremely unliked. I might launch a ICBM and take the capital city, because i plan on having a task force in the general area of nations that are threats. Hopefully it'll work. It will probably mean I'll get bogged down in a world war and well hopefully the Aztec nation can beat everyone. (Gotta be optimistic).

Thanks for your opinions. Heres hoping I can somehow take victory.
Probably your best stratagy to try but you will probably just end up being covered in orange goo and leave with the Message "Montezuma will return" Good luck and happy civing
* There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.