Old June 27, 2003, 22:21   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 04:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Send people to jail and gain fame!!!! CLICK HERE NOW
Become a justice. Post here please.

JUSTICES:
Tassadar (Approved)
Vander (Approved)
Octovian X (Pending)
Micha (Pending)
Chairman Yang (Pending)
Vev (Pending)

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

Last edited by Nubclear; June 30, 2003 at 00:08.
Old June 27, 2003, 22:34   #2
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 22:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Bah, I've done this before...

I 'volunteer' for a post on the court.
Old June 28, 2003, 02:39   #3
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 21:42
Please explain, glorious Comrade, what it is that the justices will be doing. (For the potential Justices)
and then refusing to decide
Old June 28, 2003, 03:09   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Vander
Please explain, glorious Comrade, what it is that the justices will be doing. (For the potential Justices)
They rule on stuff. And can amend laws (YES THEY CAN ) and get to assign tickets to people and stuff like that.
Old June 28, 2003, 19:33   #5
ChairmanYang
Settler

I stand at disposal, although my work-effort might be somewhat suffering at least a short initial period due to a lack of connection.

- Tavarish Yosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili
Old June 28, 2003, 21:34   #6
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by ChairmanYang
I stand at disposal, although my work-effort might be somewhat suffering at least a short initial period due to a lack of connection.

Attempting to impersonate the former Chairman Yang?
Old June 29, 2003, 12:16   #7
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 05:42
Is this judge-thing more the ancient 20th century evil capitalistic American judge system (everybody thinks they´re unbiased, but government controls them) or our own glorious Hive judge system (everybody knows their only purpose is to enforce the glorious Chairman´s decisions and viewpoints, for they get paid for being pro-Party biased...) ???

Anyway, I´d like to volunteer as judge too. We are only needed when a difficult case concerns our glorious faction, right?
I will suffer from a lack of time during summer (exam time, holidays in the evil capitalistic France... )
Old June 29, 2003, 20:46   #8
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 14:42
Does this mean we get to have court cases on scandals similar to Bill's and have the whole media circus involved?
Old July 1, 2003, 04:28   #9
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Could someone please answer these questions?

Glorious Comrade Chairman? Tass? Erm, I mean, Glorious Comrade Tassadar...?
Old July 1, 2003, 16:48   #10
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 21:42
I'm afraid I am at a loss as much as you Comrade Micha, the exact functions of the court have not even been made clear to me, that would be why I suspended the judicial reforms.
Old July 1, 2003, 19:22   #11
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

As I recall, Comrade Chairman, it was your constituion for the glourious Human Hive that mentioned the creation of a court system

Quote:
Article 21 [Functions and Powers]
7. to approve the Judges of the Supreme People's Court
(2) The Peoples' Advisory Council exercises the following functions and powers:

The People's Courts and Procuratorates
Article 37 [Judicial Organs]

The people's courts in the Human Hive are the judicial organs of the state.

Article 38 [Supreme People's Court]
(1) The Human Hive establishes the Supreme People's Court and the local people's courts at different levels, military courts and other special people's courts.
(2) The term of office of the Judges of the Supreme People's Court is the same as that of the Peoples' Advisory Council; the Judges shall serve no more than two consecutive terms.
(3) The organization of people's courts in prescribed by law.

Article 39 [Responsibility of the Supreme People's Court]
The Supreme People's Court is responsible to the Central Continuing Committee. Local people's courts at different levels are responsible to the organs of state power which created them.
I hope that helps.
Old July 1, 2003, 22:52   #12
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Dear Chairman, aren't you glad that the Constitution has been thoroughly studied by the people of the entire nation?

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 2, 2003, 04:25   #13
Micha
King

Quote:
Reported by the Crimson Guard
Of course everybody in the entire nation studies the constitution. Most of them simply because there´s nothing else to read due to the immense censoring going on, and the others just to find the paragraph that explains why exactly everyone is nervestapled once a week....
Luckily the Crimson Guard was able to arrest the obviously insane counter-revolutionary capitalist pigdog who stated these phrases immediately. He now enjoys a 24/7 nervestapling treatment to cure his mental disease...

Last edited by Micha; July 3, 2003 at 06:17.
Old July 3, 2003, 20:13   #14
ChairmanYang
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Attempting to impersonate the former Chairman Yang?
No comrade Tassadar, I have simply always carried this name and also so before I joined this glorious quest for supremacy and the beautiful ideals that are The HIVE (All hail!). Though I must admit it is somewhat confusing to see everyone call 'Comrade Chairman' everywhere whilst refering to someone other than me. Maybe someday you'll be able to call me that as well.

- Tavarish Yosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili
Old July 4, 2003, 00:33   #15
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 14:42
Hi Komrade Khairman!