Old July 5, 2003, 21:22   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Presidential Address
Greetings my fellow Vikings!

It was not long ago I was but a humble farmer, working away in the fields outside of OPD's Lunch. A call rang out from across the nation, a call to serve the Empire. It seemed as though GodKing I had fallen ill, and would no longer be able to continue to guide our nation in his true and noble way as he had done for centuries.

What, however, did that have to do with me, a lowly farmer? What could I do? I was surely not a great man like those that have come before, MrWhereItsAt I and GodKing I. Never the less, like any true viking, I dreamed of such glory, and I went up into the hills to seek the guidance of Odin.

It was a fine clear spring day, I remember it well. From out of nowhere, lightning struck a tree but a few feet in front of me and a mighty flame sprang forth. Within the flames I saw none other than myself standing over a great field of battle. A man who resembled GodKing I stood by my side, obviously the head of the army. The symbols of leadership rested firmly upon my shoulders, and my face bore the look of great obligation.

A mighty army of many fine swordsmen had gathered on either side of me, I could see them eager to wage forth, but they appeared awaiting something, some signal. Up came a man, a man with strange black hair that seemed to stand on end as if possessed. Obviously some decendant of MrWhereItsAt I. He relayed a message that negotiations had failed.

With a grin, this new military leader let forth a mighty cry and a sea of swords rushed forth in an organized form of chaos. As this surging mass pressed forward, it transformed into a mighty arm, the arm of Thor himself, and in that mighty hand lay none other than Mjollnir itself. Nothing in this world would stand against such a force.

As I sat there staring into the fire, I questioned where was this mighty mass heading, which way was I meant to lead? No sooner did I question than did I see a beautiful land of pine, of snow covered mountains, Iriquois land.

Now that I stand here, somehow empowered as leader, I see this vision comming to pass. Both GodKing II and MrWhereItsAt II have both been brought into service, the people are motivated against the Iriquois, a fellow former farmer in Nuclear Master has stepped up to ensure we have plenty of swords and soldiers ready for our battle, and I am graced with a tremendous partner in Kloreep, for I truly see our offices as one in the same. No finer assembly of personel could I have assembled if I chose myself.

I hereby decree that not only will I see to it that we do our best to obtain a victory over the miserable kingom of the Iriquois, but that we will do our best to hold true to the viking nature and bring some much needed amusement to the forum here as well!

Odin has blessed us with plentiful wine, land, and warriors, let us put them to good use!!!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; July 5, 2003 at 21:43.
Old July 5, 2003, 21:34   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 23:08
Oh, avatars appear to be back....

perhaps an update is in order...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old July 5, 2003, 21:37   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
*clapping*

It's good to have my good ol' avatar back, too
Old July 5, 2003, 23:56   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 22:08
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Oh, avatars appear to be back....
perhaps an update is in order...
Nice new avatar UnO.

Can't wait to see where you take us in the DG. I'm sure we'll have the continent overrun by the end of the turn. <-- shameless suck-up.
Old July 6, 2003, 05:20   #5
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 07:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
hi ,

great speach prez

but no-where you mention how much money you shall be needing this time to conduct war , .....

funny how prez's always leave that part out of the state of the union , .......

btw , each prez should do this

have a nice day