Old July 6, 2003, 08:14   #1
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
Yesterday was Fun....
Walking from the beach to the pub yesterday evening, my three straight friends and I had to cross the path of a pack of 10 to 13 year olds who were just sitting on a wall doing nothing. As we go past, they start shouting "batty boy", "fag", and other less than polite terms. So far, I'm just thinking "yeah, whatever kids. F*** off now". One little waste of space actually goes up to one of my friends and pushes him before trying to punch him. Seeing as the kid is half my friend's height, my mate just keeps the kid out of arm's length. As we walk off, do the kids stop shouting and being total ****stains? Nope. They thrown stones at us and follow us down half the block before we started toward the town centre.

One part of me is sad that those kids are so hateful and angry at such a young age.

The other part wanted to thrown the aggressive one up against the wall until his skull did a Rice Krispie ("snap, cackle, pop").

Sometimes, I hate people.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old July 6, 2003, 08:18   #2
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 08:11
You should have smashed the kids.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old July 6, 2003, 08:24   #3
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Allow natural selection to do it's bit...remove them from the gene pool

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old July 6, 2003, 08:32   #4
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 07:11
Go smash their parents.
Old July 6, 2003, 08:42   #5
geeslaka
Prince

Local Time: 22:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Always pull weeds out by the roots.
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.
Old July 6, 2003, 08:46   #6
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Strange how seeing a dozen people holding up a sign saying "Fags: God hates you, AIDS is your punishment" doesn't affect me yet a ****stain of a kid shouting at me really gets me angry.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old July 6, 2003, 08:47   #7
C0ckney
King

ah memories...

(not starchild's )

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton
Old July 6, 2003, 09:28   #8
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 16:11
Karma.
Old July 6, 2003, 09:34   #9
Az
Emperor

Annoying kids are the most annoying creatures on the planet.

I know what you're talking about. It wasn't the homophobic factor that got you, but the "pesky litte POS that you wouldn't mind that he would be molested by an old man with an oversized *****, and then killed by injecting anti-freeze in his vein".
Old July 6, 2003, 09:38   #10
geeslaka
Prince

Always pull weeds out by the roots.
And don't forget to burn them afterwards.
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.
Old July 6, 2003, 09:53   #11
reds4ever
Prince

They'll grow out of it, I did!
Old July 6, 2003, 10:12   #12
geeslaka
Prince

Hopefully before somebody kills them for being idiotic morons.
XGalaga.
Old July 6, 2003, 10:17   #13
reds4ever
Prince

C'Mon they were only kids, the next guy who walks past might have ginger hair, or whatever, and he'll get it, perfectly normal behaviour at that age
Old July 6, 2003, 10:19   #14
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by reds4ever
C'Mon they were only kids, the next guy who walks past might have ginger hair, or whatever, and he'll get it, perfectly normal behaviour at that age
I sure wasn't normal to me. These kids aren't 6, they're more 13. You're supposed to have grew a tad of tolerance at that age. At least, enough not to throw stones at gingers.
Old July 6, 2003, 10:29   #15
Az
Emperor

usually, people only mature after they graduate. Tolerance in highschool?
Old July 6, 2003, 10:29   #16
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by reds4ever
It's perfectly normal for kids to shout targeted homophobic insults, try to pick a fight, and then chuck rocks at people who didn't do anything to them?
-Richard Dawkins
Old July 6, 2003, 10:32   #17
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
Tolerance in highschool?
Tolerance enough not to throw rocks, yes
Old July 6, 2003, 10:35   #18
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 05:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Starchild

It's perfectly normal for kids to shout targeted homophobic insults, try to pick a fight, and then chuck rocks at people who didn't do anything to them?
I don't know if it's 'normal' but it's certainly common.

Do It Ourselves
Old July 6, 2003, 10:36   #19
Az
Emperor

That's indeed true.
Old July 6, 2003, 11:08   #20
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

If only those kids knew what I was listening to before they decided to get on my nerves.

One
Nothing wrong with me.
Two
Nothing wrong with me.
Three
Nothing wrong with me.
Four
Nothing wrong with me.

One
Something's gotta give.
Two
Something's gotta give.
Three
Something's gotta give.

Lets the bodies hit the floor! Let the bodies hit the floor! Let the bodies hit the floor!
-Richard Dawkins

Last edited by Starchild; July 6, 2003 at 11:15.
Old July 6, 2003, 11:20   #21
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 13:11
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Karma.
That isn't nice.
Old July 6, 2003, 11:29   #22
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Pekka's right you should have teach em a memorable lesson. As one of the sergeants used to say in the army "painful memories last longest"

In finnish "lihasmuisti, paras muisti"

- Paul Valery
Old July 6, 2003, 12:14   #23
Provost Harrison
Deity

Speaking of kids, two cheeky little bastards decided, when I was driving into an air bay to check my tires to pull up in front of me and fill their tires up first when I was already there...they are very lucky I didn't decide to drive over their bikes...

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old July 6, 2003, 12:48   #24
C0ckney
King

that's a classic mate, saves you getting bollocked by the garage owners because it just looks like someone's using it for their car.

god, this thread reminds me how great it was being 13

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton
Old July 6, 2003, 12:52   #25
Provost Harrison
Deity

The only reason I didn't was because I didn't want to puncture my tires...do you know how much 17" tyres cost nowadays?

Old July 6, 2003, 12:52   #26
Provost Harrison
Deity

...the other pump was occupied for god knows how long by some silly cow who couldn't figure out how to put air in her tyres

Old July 6, 2003, 12:53   #27
Paul Hanson
King

Are you kidding? It was dull being 13.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old July 6, 2003, 12:56   #28
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

When I was 16 or so there was a group of kids (about 14 or so) that were being equally lairy and looking for a fight. Started throwing stones. I was totally pissed off. I don't know why, but I chased the biggest most vocative kid down. Lamped him clean across the face and he didn't fight back. His mates just scapa'd.

I wish I hadn't done it, but I still enjoyed doing it.

These kids do it to look cool with their mates, and they think the person they are taunting will not fight back. Feign to run at them and they turn into sissy boys.
Old July 6, 2003, 12:57   #29
C0ckney
King

nah man, i loved it, it'd be crap if we did the same things now, but back then it was great.

Old July 6, 2003, 12:58   #30
Provost Harrison
Deity

It's just not sport though is it, especially at 26...mind you, I have never had any bother off kids myself...they seem to show more respect at my age...