Old July 7, 2003, 08:15   #1
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 05:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Topped threads
Do we really need so many? Seems like most of the forum is taken up with topped threads, and there's not really all that many active threads besides those...

Just my 2 e.c.

C
Old July 7, 2003, 13:41   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Well, we have 6. We need the registration, turn reports, orders and government to be topped, as those are directly related to playing the game and need to be immediately accessable for anyone playing the game, although they may not be the most active threads, since they are official and not spammed. The 3D and Prime Functions office threads were also topped, as someone said that the office for each Official should be topped so that if someone needs to write a proposal for one of them, they know where to go, although they will not be used that much since they are also official threads not to be spammed. I think the threads that are directly related to the game, that need to be easily accessable for anyone who wants to submit things for that purpose need to be topped. If they weren't, it would take time for me to find orders to play with, or for someone who has written something to post it to 3D, or for a proposal to be seen by the director in question.

I don't think it is excessive, however if asked to remove specific threads from being topped I will. Which threads should be topped?

I don't see the problem with having threads topped, since most of the first page is still untopped, and these threads may drop, since that are not used to much, but need to be there to be read. The same with an FAQ. However if a few people ask me I will oblige.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old July 7, 2003, 18:37   #3
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 00:13
I'm fine with the current number of topped threads.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old August 30, 2003, 06:39   #4
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

*bump*

10 is too many....

C
Old August 30, 2003, 16:23   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

I order that you reduce the number to at least 6.
Failure to do so will, as I said before, result in 100 viruses infecting all your computers.
Old August 31, 2003, 15:42   #6
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Ok, I'll poll for it

Old September 1, 2003, 06:46   #7
Drogue
staff

And here is the poll Topped Threads: The Poll.