Old July 7, 2003, 20:45   #1
SlowThinker
GameLeagueApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 07:15
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Accelerated orders (in Multiplayer/Internet mode)
I started to play my first MP game and I found out following differences:

In SP mode and in Multiplayer/Hotseat mode orders works normally (for example Settler/Engineer work lasts as described in Info: Settlers-Engineers (GL) ). But in Multiplayer/Internet mode every order to a unit is executed 2 times.

This has effect to fortifying and Settler/Engineer work:
Fortifying don't last 2 turns, but only 1 (i.e. it works immediately); Settler cumulates 2 'works' the turn the order is given (but next turns it adds only 1 'work' to his cumulated 'work'):
For example grassland is reforested in 10 turns normally. But in MP mode this is done in 9 turns if you give the order and let the Settler work without wakening (first turn 2 'works' are made, then 1 'work' is added every turn). And the same work is done in 5 turns if the Settler is wakened and reordered every turn.

Why I post this in PBEM forum?
IMHO this behavior of MP/Internet mode makes the game less balanced than the SP mode. It causes a player has less strategic choices: especially roads everywhere and immediately are obligatory.
But you have the choice between MP/Internet mode and MP/Hotseat. Why don't you use Hotseat for PBEM?

Last edited by SlowThinker; July 7, 2003 at 20:52.