Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 8, 2003, 03:33   #1
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 00:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
ELECTION - Fleet Operations Cap'n
Since there were no more nominations in the nominating thread, I'm going with those two Black'ards. So the choices will be:[list=1][*]Cap'n Flubber[*]Cap'n Hercules[*]Cap'n Write-in[*]Cap'n Googlie-Click-on-Turn-Complete[/list=1]

Apparently 10 years is also acceptable, so consider the term to be for 10 years.

The job is basically to take the turns and meanwhile keep everyone informed about whats happening and to allow for feedback if the other Cap'ns have any.

There's room for other jobs, such as someone who specializes in what to do at the bases (i.e. builds and terraforming) and lets the Fleet Ops Cap'n know what to put in there. So if someone is interested in that job, just post a thread with the job description and see if anyone else wants to also run for it and if necessary poll it to get elected. Other positions, such as Diplomacy or Research would seem to have potential for at least some interest and work. The more complicated the game gets, the more help the FOC'n's gonna need.

I don't seem to have put a time limit on this poll, but my term expires after 2120, so that is the effective time limit. Also, I'm going out of town (without net access) for the weekend starting sometime friday, so I may need some help with the 2120 turn too, especially if it comes around slowly.

Last edited by johndmuller; July 8, 2003 at 03:38.
Old July 8, 2003, 21:23   #2
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 23:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Aye I will step aside fer cap'n herc-- I was hopin' to be der ambassader feller sum more-- The benefits in visitin' the foreign capitals are quite sumthin'
Old July 9, 2003, 02:48   #3
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 06:17
Tanxs fer dat. I's tried to scribble summit here last night but the blasted charcoal wouldne rite.

Last edited by Hercules; July 10, 2003 at 08:49.
Old July 9, 2003, 03:30   #4
johndmuller
King

Nice luv fest you mateys got goin' here but maybe at least one of you ought to actually Vote for Cap'n Herc (as the vote is currentlly 1 vote for Cap'n Flubber). If you two are agreed, I'll vote for Cap'n Herc too (even though I had me heart set on #4).
Old July 9, 2003, 14:58   #5
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

'Twere my dirk that plonked inta Cap'n Flubber's name, seein' as how he's been enthusiastic about chattin' with the other Planet set of eggheads about a pact n'all - but if he feels more at home in th' Diplomatic Corps (I think that's the fancy term for the sweet-talkers) then I'll just move me dirk around t'be accomodatin' An' I didn't know if Cap'n Herc would be in any kinda good shape after his little 'trip', y'know?
Old August 18, 2003, 21:26   #6
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 06:17
Hey me maties, me term as Fleet Operations Cap'n is near up ( this time round ) according to the way we runs things round here and ends 2130.

So of course I'll abide by the pirates code. Now I has to says I feels I just got into the swing of things and wouldn'e minded another few years at the helm, til Cap'n Flubber returns from his circumnavigation of t'globe. But codes is codes and sure I'll get another crack at it.

So either open a new thread or post your interest in this one and we'll see if some o' young whippersnappers fancies t'command for a spell.
Old August 18, 2003, 21:41   #7
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 22:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
no objection here if cap'n herc wants to retain the helm a bit longer
Old August 19, 2003, 01:24   #8
johndmuller
King

I can say one thing for sure; I'm not ready for another term yet myself, so I'm not going to be looking to give you the boot (although some of your terraforming and movement things lately have been deserving of a keelhauling, methinks).

You might take the fair warning, though, that before long, the bitter bottle of burnout may burn in your belly. It's much more fun to snipe at Cap'n Hook than it is to juggle turn deadlines and try to get the crew sober enough to do any work.