Yes! they walk amongst us! 7 18.92%
No! thats preposterous! 22 59.46%
I dont care... if they do exist they do, if not, they dont 7 18.92%
i only see banana ghosts 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 9, 2003, 17:34   #61
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 05:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
That rumor would be true, good sir! (However, as a dyed in the wool southerner, I ain't picky, either!)--funny side story 'bout that....

Once, when I was travelling cross-country....oh, it had to be mid to late october when I hit Idaho, cos I ran into a snowstorm....not far from the Oregon border, at about 2:30 in the morning, I decided to stop for the night....every place I passed was flashing a no-vacancy sign (bad storm....drove everybody off the road), but finally, a bit off the beaten path, I found a little "mom and pop" lodge that didn't have their sign flashing, so I stopped.

Sadly, a trucker had taken the place's last room ahead of me, but apparently I reminded the proprietor of an old army buddy (he nailed my accent down on the first try cos it was the same as his army bud's, and correctly guessed that I was from South Carolina). So, we sat talking for a while over coffee, and I told him that if it was okay by him, I could just catch a few winks out in my car in the parking lot.

He laughed and said "you Suthern boys aren't too particular, are you?"

I chuckled too, and agreed that no....we aren't particularly choosy about some things, and he tossed me a blanket and told me to catch some z's on the couch in the TV room of the lodge....much warmer than the parking lot, to be sure!

So....beer, tequila....whatever's handy....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old July 9, 2003, 17:36   #62
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 08:18

Another thing I'm amazed of is your talent to make an interesting story of anything, and present it as in the best fiction books.

Old July 9, 2003, 17:58   #63
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

NOW he's got me blushin' over here... Thanks man! It's funny you should say that, cos the whole time I was writing that out, I kept thinking of all the little details I could add to it (bits of the conversation, the feel of the road, blanketed in snow, etc), and it could have easily become story-length!

-=Vel=-
(hmmm....and it might make a good read, too....I'll have to try that out!)
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old July 9, 2003, 18:03   #64
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

See, see! Just what I've been saying... you are definitely a writer, and born as one.

It's one in the night here... and one of the reasons I'm up is the story thread you posted .
Old July 9, 2003, 18:08   #65
Velociryx
staff

Getting ready to head for home, but I couldn't resist the urge to reply once more, and believe me when I say I'll be anxious to hear what you think of it!

-=Vel=-
Old July 9, 2003, 18:13   #66
Solver
lifer
Deity

So far it's quite good, trust me! I'm probably going to finish it tomorrow morning... just thinking of the how soon I need to wake, still I'm not even halfway through.

You know, while stories of such fantasy universes, and stuff, aren't exactly my thing (well, I like them, but takes me a while to get into one), this is better than quite a number of books I've read in print and hardcover.
Old July 9, 2003, 19:52   #67
Velociryx
staff

Music to this author's ears, good sir! And I'm hoping that when I get enough bits and pieces hammered into shape, I'll be able to take the "Informal History of Candle'Bre" to my publisher for a look.....

-=Vel=-