Old July 11, 2003, 17:21   #31
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I could build this if I wanted to spend the time... but spending the time would be insane...

It's possible, though.
Old July 11, 2003, 20:37   #32
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 07:20
hi ,

Arnelos , ugandan troops are holding and staging a war against congo -Kin , pal's dont like the arabs , and the arabs dont like pals , ....

iran , japan

have a nice day
Old July 11, 2003, 20:55   #33
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

Arnelos , ugandan troops are holding and staging a war against congo -Kin , pal's dont like the arabs , and the arabs dont like pals , ....

iran , japan

have a nice day
oops... did I put Uganda in the wrong camp? oh well, that's easily changable.

The palestinians probably wouldn't even get modeled in the game... not enough space. So no big worries, there. Besides, "like" and "aligned" are two very different things...
Old July 11, 2003, 23:38   #34
maciek
Warlord

Local Time: 13:20
Regarding World 2003:

The map size is 256/204 (Kitten Of Chaos' work, based on Marla Singer's map), and there's 31 civilizations (sorry I don't have the time to list them all, you'd have to download the scenario and see it).

Cities and units can always be re-assigned if you find the civ divisions inadequate.

Certainly, you don't want to change the map as it would take literally months to re-do all the work (cities, unit divisions, mil. bases).

The recommended specs are as follows:

512MB RAM
Pentium 4 1.6GHz
Windows 2000/XP

Because of the enormous amount of detail, on slower computers it can take as much as 30 minutes to complete the AI turn.

Now, I'm not trying to scare or turn you away, just letting you know the facts.

It will be much better if we wait for playing World 2003 demo game until we (editing team) reduce the amount of units (by using a lower conversion ratio, such as 1 tank unit = 400 real world tanks).

To download World 2003 (~ 30mb), go to http://maciek.home.insightbb.com/ and grab:

4Clicks Setup
Scenario v20
Patch v20
Essentials Pack #1
Essentials Pack #2
Essentials Pack #3
Essentials Pack #4
Essentials Pack #5
Essentials Pack #6

OOPS! The link to patch 20.1 is incorrect, here's correct link: http://home.insightbb.com/~maciek/Sa...v20_Patch1.exe

If you download all files to the same folder, simply run 4Clicks to install all files. Then, install v20 Patch 1.

PS. Oh ok, I'll post the list of civs soon.

Last edited by maciek; July 11, 2003 at 23:52.
Old July 11, 2003, 23:48   #35
maciek
Warlord

World 2003 civilizations:

Italy and Greece
Spain and Portugal
Turkey
Arabic Nations
Germany
Russia
China
America
Japan
France
India
Syria
Pakistan
Israel
Australia, NZ
UK
Afghanistan
Iran
South Korea
North Korea
Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela
North Africa
Canada
Central Africa
South East Asia
Eastern Europe
Indonesia
Mexico
Argentina, Chile, Peru and Bolivia
Brazil

If you wish to discuss the World 2003 itself (NOT the demo game), including the above mentioned choice of civilizations, PLEASE do it at World 2003 forum - http://world2003-forum.tk , as we simply cannot keep track of several forums.

It will be very hard to convert this scenario to multiplayer, before anything is done (reducing civs), we have to work out lower conversion ratios to reduce the amount of units on the map (at the moment, it's roughly on brigade level).
Old July 11, 2003, 23:58   #36
maciek
Warlord

Here's a Demo Game section at World 2003: http://world2003.hyperboards.com/ind...board=demogame
Old July 12, 2003, 00:35   #37
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 23:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
jesus, that's a helluva computer...

it would definitely need to be cut down some for any kind of DG. just think of the mayhem...agh...my brain...
Old July 12, 2003, 01:47   #38
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by maciek
Regarding World 2003:

The map size is 256/204 (Kitten Of Chaos' work, based on Marla Singer's map), and there's 31 civilizations (sorry I don't have the time to list them all, you'd have to download the scenario and see it).

Cities and units can always be re-assigned if you find the civ divisions inadequate.

Certainly, you don't want to change the map as it would take literally months to re-do all the work (cities, unit divisions, mil. bases).

The recommended specs are as follows:

512MB RAM
Pentium 4 1.6GHz
Windows 2000/XP

Because of the enormous amount of detail, on slower computers it can take as much as 30 minutes to complete the AI turn.

Now, I'm not trying to scare or turn you away, just letting you know the facts.

It will be much better if we wait for playing World 2003 demo game until we (editing team) reduce the amount of units (by using a lower conversion ratio, such as 1 tank unit = 400 real world tanks).

To download World 2003 (~ 30mb), go to http://maciek.home.insightbb.com/ and grab:

4Clicks Setup
Scenario v20
Patch v20
Essentials Pack #1
Essentials Pack #2
Essentials Pack #3
Essentials Pack #4
Essentials Pack #5
Essentials Pack #6

OOPS! The link to patch 20.1 is incorrect, here's correct link: http://home.insightbb.com/~maciek/Sa...v20_Patch1.exe

If you download all files to the same folder, simply run 4Clicks to install all files. Then, install v20 Patch 1.

PS. Oh ok, I'll post the list of civs soon.
hi ,

to small ( the above ) , the map from el mencey in the dir is way better , all it needs are a couple small modifications and you have the best world map around , btw , the map is 362X362

have a nice day
Old July 12, 2003, 07:08   #39
Libertine
Settler

Local Time: 05:20
Ok lets see. I saw all the suggestions. I would like to ask my Israeli freind what he is proposing to the map. I think the map itself is fine. I had the idea of using el mencey's but that would mean a lot of work and the recources on el mencey's map i feel oare not as accurate as on Kitten of Chaos' map.
When this scenario is ready for a demogame there will be accurate military divisions etc and budgets for country, also it will take a lot longer to build units as this scenarios prides itself on being realistic.

For each nation (bloc) in this demo game we will need governors of certain areas, governor advisers, military Generals in control of divisions, a President and his/her advisors. Also for each nation realistic constitutions will be placed to guide the leaders of that nation. I think when we have worked out what 8 nation blocs will be in the demogame we could then make factfiles for the country's, thus people can then choose which nation blocs appeal to them the most.

As Maciek mentioned we now have a demogame section on http://world2003.hyperboards2.com

Thanks.

ps-does anyone need screenshots?
Old July 12, 2003, 07:59   #40
maciek
Warlord

Panag: No processor in existence will be able to handle a 360x360 map. As I said, to play World 2003 comfortably on a 256x204, you need at least a Pentium 4 1.6GHz and minimum 512MB RAM.

A single Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU with HT and 2GB RAM will still be too slow for 360x360.
Old July 12, 2003, 09:47   #41
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Panag: No processor in existence will be able to handle a 360x360 map. As I said, to play World 2003 comfortably on a 256x204, you need at least a Pentium 4 1.6GHz and minimum 512MB RAM.

A single Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU with HT and 2GB RAM will still be too slow for 360x360.
hi ,

, thats a joke right , ......

if we can let it run on old comps that have a 650 and 768 ram , ......

have you ever tried it , ... obviously not , because if you would have you would know that it runs great with anything over one one gig , and one gig of ram , ......

have a nice day
Old July 12, 2003, 09:50   #42
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Libertine
Ok lets see. I saw all the suggestions. I would like to ask my Israeli freind what he is proposing to the map. I think the map itself is fine. I had the idea of using el mencey's but that would mean a lot of work and the recources on el mencey's map i feel oare not as accurate as on Kitten of Chaos' map.
When this scenario is ready for a demogame there will be accurate military divisions etc and budgets for country, also it will take a lot longer to build units as this scenarios prides itself on being realistic.

For each nation (bloc) in this demo game we will need governors of certain areas, governor advisers, military Generals in control of divisions, a President and his/her advisors. Also for each nation realistic constitutions will be placed to guide the leaders of that nation. I think when we have worked out what 8 nation blocs will be in the demogame we could then make factfiles for the country's, thus people can then choose which nation blocs appeal to them the most.

As Maciek mentioned we now have a demogame section on http://world2003.hyperboards2.com

Thanks.

ps-does anyone need screenshots?
hi ,

load the map and see , most of the rescources are in good order , kittens map is to small and misses some " key points ", ....

marla's map over it anyday

the maps can be found in the apolyton directory , top right

have a nice day
Old July 14, 2003, 03:54   #43
maciek
Warlord

Yes I've tried... In fact, I play World 2003 quite often (I'm a co-editor, so it's quite obvious I've tried ) On a 256x204 map, it takes 5 hours to load (Duron 1.3GHz, 512MB RAM)... Considering that a larger (360x360) map will require more details (e.g. more units, more cities), loading time itself would be about 7-10 hours, and it would take about 1 hour for the AI turn to complete.

I'm not talking about a clean map, but World 2003 using a large map.

We're working on reducing the unit numbers to a divisional level, but it still won't give any real performance boost, as Civ3 is.... erm... slooow. However, when we finish, it will be perfect for a demo game.

Seriously, I wish you could prove me wrong.
Old July 14, 2003, 03:59   #44
maciek
Warlord

CITIZEN SIGNUP: http://world2003.hyperboards.com/ind...162548&start=0

Panag, let me put it this way: we'll set up a PayPal fund, and if you manage to "convert" World 2003 to a larger map, and scale up the details (units, cities) while maintaining reasonable performance, you'll get all the money from the fund.

Last edited by maciek; July 14, 2003 at 04:05.
Old July 14, 2003, 05:49   #45
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Yes I've tried... In fact, I play World 2003 quite often (I'm a co-editor, so it's quite obvious I've tried ) On a 256x204 map, it takes 5 hours to load (Duron 1.3GHz, 512MB RAM)... Considering that a larger (360x360) map will require more details (e.g. more units, more cities), loading time itself would be about 7-10 hours, and it would take about 1 hour for the AI turn to complete.

I'm not talking about a clean map, but World 2003 using a large map.

We're working on reducing the unit numbers to a divisional level, but it still won't give any real performance boost, as Civ3 is.... erm... slooow. However, when we finish, it will be perfect for a demo game.

Seriously, I wish you could prove me wrong.
hi ,

if it takes hours , there is something very seriously wrong with your comp , ......... something so serious that you ought to do something about it , .......

have a nice day
Old July 14, 2003, 05:51   #46
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
CITIZEN SIGNUP: http://world2003.hyperboards.com/ind...162548&start=0

Panag, let me put it this way: we'll set up a PayPal fund, and if you manage to "convert" World 2003 to a larger map, and scale up the details (units, cities) while maintaining reasonable performance, you'll get all the money from the fund.
hi ,

thanks

but that aint needed , ....

world 2003 , whats wrong with el mencey world map , or marla's , .......

have a nice day
Old July 14, 2003, 08:16   #47
maciek
Warlord

Mate, you just don't know what are you talking about Ask others if you don't believe me - I know at least 100 people who will confirm my statement. Have you even played World 2003? If yes, tell me what CPU you have and how long does it take to load it.

Last edited by maciek; July 14, 2003 at 08:21.
Old July 14, 2003, 09:43   #48
Libertine
Settler

Ok when i first loaded the first ever saved game it took me 7 hours. I have a very slow computer and i play it lots and its slow. But people who have better computers it takes 4 hours to load. Each turn takes around 15-45mins i think you should actually test it for yourself instead of acusing maciek of lieing. El Mencey's map would needlesly slow the game down. Im not changing map, end of subject its not gonna happen.
Old July 14, 2003, 11:21   #49
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Besides, PLO and Humas would be adequately represented by a block containing Syria (including it's Lebanoese puppet govt) / Iran / Libya.

If enemy units can't start inside somebody elses territory, just relocate the represention of guerrlias from Isreal into Southern Lebanon and Southern Syria where they get their supplies from.

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

The palestinians probably wouldn't even get modeled in the game... not enough space. So no big worries, there. Besides, "like" and "aligned" are two very different things...
Old July 14, 2003, 11:27   #50
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

On the Memory requirement, XP uses significantly more memory than Windows Me.

If 512K is minimum for Windows Me, the XP requirment should be somewhere in the 600s.

While if 512K is minimum for XP, then somewhere in the high 300s should be fine for Windows Me.
Old July 14, 2003, 11:31   #51
joncnunn
Emperor

Italy and Greece seems to be a very odd grouping to me.

They were on opposite sides of WW II in addition to the Iraqi war.
Old July 14, 2003, 11:35   #52
Libertine
Settler

Well world war 2 has passed and the Iraqi war aint gonna mess up their relationship. Would you rather Greece be with Turkey? Thats the only option. i think we should stop l;ooking at Iraqi war divisions, they are over! We havent let them temporary divisions for country's such as Greece and Italy get in the way of the groupings, the groupings are fuindamentally linked in with culture etc.
Old July 18, 2003, 07:02   #53
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010

Someone got panag to shut up!

Great scenario, I wish you guys could pair it down a bit; the load time kills me.
Old July 18, 2003, 08:17   #54
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree

Someone got panag to shut up!

Great scenario, I wish you guys could pair it down a bit; the load time kills me.
hi ,

wtf are you talking about

bye
Old July 18, 2003, 08:56   #55
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Mate, you just don't know what are you talking about Ask others if you don't believe me - I know at least 100 people who will confirm my statement. Have you even played World 2003? If yes, tell me what CPU you have and how long does it take to load it.

hi ,

thanks for the edit , .......

did you see its thread at cfc yet , mate , ........

at least 100 people can confirm it works and does need seven to eight hours , .......

have a nice day
Old July 25, 2003, 10:51   #56
maciek
Warlord

The point is: IF it takes 7 hours with a 256x204 map, how MUCH LONGER will it take with a 350x350 or a bigger map? In the end of the day, it doesn't matter, because we're not going to use a larger map, just like Libertine said below.

Last edited by maciek; July 25, 2003 at 11:04.
Old July 25, 2003, 10:55   #57
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
What edit and which thread?

Panag, this is what you said:

I'm glad that finally you agree with me, but are you also saying that there's something wrong with everyone's computers?

The point is: IF it takes 7 hours with a 256x204 map, how MUCH LONGER will it take with a 350x350 or a bigger map? In the end of the day, it doesn't matter, because we're not going to use a larger map, just like Libertine said below.
hi ,

see the smilie , its supposed to mean " does NOT need seven to eight hours " , .......

still no problem with it , .....

there are some people at cfc who can confirm that it does not need hours etc , .......

have a nice day
Old July 25, 2003, 11:10   #58
maciek
Warlord

OK Have a good weekend.
Old July 25, 2003, 11:17   #59
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
OK Have a good weekend.
hi ,

thanks , btw you can search the cfc boards without being a member , .....

some people wrote a huge volume on it not to long ago , .....

have a nice day
Old July 25, 2003, 11:22   #60
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

here is just one of the many links

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...=&pagenumber=2

http://world2003.hyperboards.com

there are countless others , some even in french and german