Old July 25, 2003, 11:37   #61
maciek
Warlord

Local Time: 13:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Now I dont understand what are you talking about? What should I search for? Especially my own site??

If you have a P4 3GHz, of course it doesn't take 7 hours to load World 2003. But if you have a celeron 500Mhz, then it does. This discussion is pointless.
Old July 25, 2003, 11:42   #62
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 07:20
Quote:
Originally posted by maciek
Now I dont understand what are you talking about? What should I search for? Especially my own site??

If you have a P4 3GHz, of course it doesn't take 7 hours to load World 2003. But if you have a celeron 500Mhz, then it does. This discussion is pointless.
hi ,

yeah i know about your site , ......

actually , it goes okay on an amd 650 with 512 ram under win98se , ...... ( tested it )

needless to say it rocks with anything above 2.8mhz and a gig of ram

however the speed is not something to worry about , more and more people are getting fatser comps by the minute , ......

and btw , your site could use some publicity , ....

have a great day
Old July 25, 2003, 11:49   #63
maciek
Warlord

What was it I was supposed to search for?? It sounds very intriguing. So how long does it take you to load it? Doesn't matter, this discussion is pointless anway.
Old July 25, 2003, 11:54   #64
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 00:20
Windows 98SE uses less memory than Windows XP, leaving more memory for programs like Civ III to use.
Old July 25, 2003, 11:57   #65
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
Windows 98SE uses less memory than Windows XP, leaving more memory for programs like Civ III to use.
hi ,

, Soren and most game people still love win98se , maybe just for that

some people argue that its also the most stable windows , .... ( when it comes especially to games )

have a nice day
Old July 25, 2003, 12:12   #66
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 23:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
hi ,

civilisation iii uses lots and lots of memory , ........

and that`s just on a large map , ..........

a mod with all these changes , ..... on a 350 x 350

would not be a walk in the park , .....

have a nice day

(Okay, okay, I'll test it. But my expectations for it running smoothly are nil.)
Old September 12, 2003, 04:58   #67
maciek
Warlord

I have some very exciting news:

First, we now have a working 362x362 map, and after adjusting the unit conversion ratios, we've managed to get dramatic increase in performace. Panag, you can claim a victory

We're planning to begin the RDG (Realistic Democracy Game) within the next 2-3 months. Before it starts, political parties will need to be set up, as we'll be holding several elections for the full government. Thanks to liaison with local governments, we're hoping for the most realistic government simulation ever.

I urge you to visit the World 2003 as soon as possible, because the sooner you start your party, the more chances you will have to win the elections. Campaign will start approximately in 2 months from now, but you're welcome to make your views public and talk about existing issues and how to tackle them.

The views and issues should be global as we haven't decided which country will simulated - this is where your say is very important.

Start your political party today and begin voicing your opinions - World 2003 .

Last edited by maciek; September 12, 2003 at 05:24.
Old September 12, 2003, 15:50   #68
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 21:20
Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

, thats a joke right , ......

if we can let it run on old comps that have a 650 and 768 ram , ......

have you ever tried it , ... obviously not , because if you would have you would know that it runs great with anything over one one gig , and one gig of ram , ......

have a nice day
Err. You can ask me

I have an AMD XP2700+ OC'd to 2800 (effective speed = 2.25ghz) with 1 GB DDR 400 RAM (using Asus nForce2 Mobo.)

The second single player democracy game ran LIKE A DOG on this computer. And my computer is nothing to laugh at either. I've played with page file settings and the like, nothing worked to speed it up.

When it comes to utilizing speed and efficiency on massive maps, Civ3 just plain sucks at it.

Granted, this scenario would be AWESOME! But I imagine it will take a minimum of about 10 minutes between turns.

Granted, if we did a PBEM game, you wouldn't have to worry since there are no AI moves to calculate. Much better!

If everyone wanted to go "old school" we could design a scenario for FreeCiv. I remember you could edit the file so it could support upwards of 32,000 nations (I think some people are currently working on making a Civ3 ruleset for it too. Not quite there yet...)

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old September 12, 2003, 16:31   #69
MattH
King

Local Time: 05:20
Quote:
Originally posted by maciek
Panag: No processor in existence will be able to handle a 360x360 map. As I said, to play World 2003 comfortably on a 256x204, you need at least a Pentium 4 1.6GHz and minimum 512MB RAM.

A single Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU with HT and 2GB RAM will still be too slow for 360x360.
WTF ?

I'm playing a 362x362 (70/80% water) right now... On my Athlon XP 2700+ (underclocked to 1.7Ghz) with 768MB of DDR2100 on XP, with background services running. It's quite far into the game (just before industrial) and the longest pause between turns that I've had is 2 mississippis'
Old September 12, 2003, 16:42   #70
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MattH

WTF ?

I'm playing a 362x362 (70/80% water) right now... On my Athlon XP 2700+ (underclocked to 1.7Ghz) with 768MB of DDR2100 on XP, with background services running. It's quite far into the game (just before industrial) and the longest pause between turns that I've had is 2 mississippis'
Interesting. How many AI's and what difficulty level?

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old September 12, 2003, 16:47   #71
MattH
King

Local Time: 05:20
Oh, that's probably it. I'm on Monarch with only 8 civs.
Old September 13, 2003, 16:29   #72
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteBandit

Interesting. How many AI's and what difficulty level?
hi ,

playing one now with 31 and at deity , the longest has yet to be above 2 mississippi , ........

at the same time posting on poly and looking at some pics that where just scanned , ........

in the background the music only cd-rom drive plays some music , .......

have a nice day
Old September 13, 2003, 16:32   #73
WhiteBandit
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

playing one now with 31 and at deity , the longest has yet to be above 2 mississippi , ........

at the same time posting on poly and looking at some pics that where just scanned , ........

in the background the music only cd-rom drive plays some music , .......

have a nice day
Hmm. But that is all subjective. What year are you currently at?

I ask this, because did you ever try to play the second SPDG? Turns literally took over 10 minutes on people's computers. Even on my machine too!

I do remember when we first started it though, turns were speedy. As the AI built more units, it got longer and longer.

Old September 13, 2003, 16:47   #74
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteBandit

Hmm. But that is all subjective. What year are you currently at?

I ask this, because did you ever try to play the second SPDG? Turns literally took over 10 minutes on people's computers. Even on my machine too!

I do remember when we first started it though, turns were speedy. As the AI built more units, it got longer and longer.
hi ,

1750 , nuclear holocaust is about to start , ........

the mac of cities is reached , the max of units is near , currently more then +800 mil units under control , that about the max that can be handled , every turn takes ( human player ) takes about 35 min's , ...... due to all the attacks

have a nice day