Local Time: 22:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
NO WAY.
Old July 12, 2003, 03:59   #32
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 05:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
oh yeah, if i come, my bf will be there too hmm..we should eat at Pat and Oscars...they have the BEST breadsticks...Gas Lamp would be cool too. Is the meet all three days?
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old July 12, 2003, 04:06   #33
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

long as someone knows what's in San Diego.

I have no idea. I have never been there. I will have to print up a map so I don't get lost.

I know there is a navy base there, that is all. I was never stationed there, even though I tried desperately to get stationed there. I bet if I asked to be stationed in Iceland, they would have put me in San Diego . That is the way the military works.
Old July 13, 2003, 23:44   #34
Oerdin
Deity

Pat & Oscar's is good but Casa de Bandini is . I'd be happy enough to do what ever everyone else wants to do. I don't think we'd be together all three days; I was thinking more like we'd meet up at certain places, swap stories, and take lots of picture which we'd then post here on 'poly.

Here's a partial list of things to do in San Diego:
Quote:
Belmont Park
3100 block of Mission Boulevard
Phone: 619-491-2988
Located directly on the Mission Bay Boardwalk, this park features a beautifully restored wooden roller coaster guaranteed to delight enthusiasts of classic amusement park rides.
Sea World
World Drive off I-5
Phone: 619-226-3901
One of San Diego's premier attractions, Sea World gives visitors the opportunity to view impressive performances by Shamu the killer whale, be amazed and amused by the acrobatic antics of dolphins, and come face to face with fearsome looking sharks in the Shark Encounter. Those who wish to keep nature at a slightly greater distance can view one of the bird shows occurring periodically throughout the day. Other featured attractions include the Penguin Encounter, Manatee Rescue, Wild Arctic and Shipwreck Rapids ride.

San Diego Harbor Excursion Whale Watching
1050 N. Harbor Dr
Phone: 619-234-4111
Seemingly placid by comparison to the more widely known killer whale, the California gray whale is by no means less beautiful. Those wishing to observe the California grays during their southerly migration can do so by means of daily tours departing both morning and afternoon from the foot of Broadway (downtown).

San Diego Wild Animal Park
Highway 163/I-15 to Via Rancho Parkway (in Escondido)
Phone: 619-234-6541
For those wishing to see nature in an uninterrupted state, the Wild Animal Park is the place to go. With two animal shows, a quiet monorail, and unobtrusive paths, this 851 hectare (2,100 acre) preserve dedicated to the preservation of endangered species strikes a balance of preserving nature while still allowing visitors to appreciate the beauty of the animals and exotic plants found within its grounds.

San Diego Zoo
In Balboa Park
Phone: 619-234-3153
One of the most widely known zoos in the entire world, the San Diego Zoo is also one of the largest. Numbering among its eight hundred species of animals are some of the rarest and most exotic species in captivity. Most widely known for the animals it houses, the Zoo also contains a wide variety of tropical and semitropical plants. Its 40 hectares (100 acres) feature over 6,500 species of plants. Some of the featured exhibits at the Zoo include the Tiger River, Sun Bear Forest, Gorilla Tropics, Polar Bear Plunge and the new Ituri Forest and RainForest Aviary. Also available to visitors at no additional price are a guided bus tour and a skytram.

Stephen Birch Aquarium Museum
2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla
Phone: 858-534-3474
The Stephen Birch Aquarium Museum, associated with the world-renowned Scripps Institute of Oceanography, is the largest oceanographic exhibit in the U.S. With over 3,000 fish from waters cold to tropical, the museum features enough species to keep even Jacques Cousteau busy. The museum's bookshop sells a variety of works focusing on marine science and oceanography and includes teaching materials.

Balboa Park
Phone: 619-232-2721
With perhaps the most to offer of any area of San Diego, the beautifully landscaped acres of Balboa Park include museums featuring world class collections, the San Diego Zoo, the Starlight Bowl outdoor theater, the Spreckels Organ Pavilion, the Old Globe Theatre complex, rose and cactus gardens, and the Japanese Friendship Garden, where the occasional traditional tea ceremony can be observed. If you are in the mood for a walk or a picnic, this is the area for you. Even the open areas feature entertainment with both artists and street performers being common sights during the weekend.

San Diego Museum of Art
1450 El Prado, Balboa Park
Phone: 619-232-7931
The largest museum in San Diego, the Museum of Art features works by Old Masters from several continents.

San Diego Natural History Museum
In Balboa Park
Phone: 619-232-3821
For those who enjoy the collected works of nature more than the collected works of man, the San Diego Natural History Museum presents to its visitors a variety of environmental habitats. These include desert, ocean and shore habitats, as well as displays of a variety of gems and minerals.

Old Town State Historic Park
2510 Juan
Phone: 619-298-3317
The six blocks of San Diego's first settlement is a pedestrian-only zone that preserves the original site and Mexican influence of California's oldest city in its reconstructed and restored 1800s structures.

Reuben H. Fleet Space Theater and Science Center
1875 El Prado, Balboa Park
Phone: 619-238-1233
Fax: 619-231-8971
With activities both entertaining and educational, the Reuben H. Fleet Space Theater and Science Center has something for every member of the family. With the latest technology, giant OMNIMAX films treat visitors to a variety of entertaining, educational topics. From the comfort of their seats, visitors can go on exciting adventures or view planetarium shows. The Science Center portion of the facility is definitely a hands-on experience, where visitors are both invited and encouraged to experience the variety of exhibits firsthand.

San Diego Aerospace Museum
2001 Pan American Plaza
Phone: 619-234-8291
Fax: 619-233-4526
Located in Balboa Park, the San Diego Aerospace Museum is the place to be for aviation enthusiasts both young and old. Whether it is an interest in historical flight or merely a child's fascination with the wonders of flying that brings one here, there is plenty here to view, entertain, and educate.

Cabrillo National Monument
1800 Cabrillo Memorial Dr., Point Loma
Phone: 619-557-5450
With over 1.2 million visitors each year, the Cabrillo National Monument is one of the country's most visited national monuments. Dedicated to Juan Rodruiguez Cabrillo, who arrived in the San Diego area in 1542, the monument consists of a statue that sits at the tip of Point Loma. Visitors can also view the restored lighthouse (circa 1855), or visit the nearby Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery. Visitors are invited to partake in guided tours of the Cemetery or view one of the hourly films on Cabrillo, the history of San Diego, and the California gray whales, whose yearly migration can be seen from Point Loma from December through March.

Firehouse Museum 1572 Columbia St
Phone: 619-232-FIRE
Complete with shiny fire engines, hand and horse-drawn engines, a turn of the century steam pumper, and historical memorabilia such as antique alarms and fire hats, the Firehouse Museum is a complete collection of firefighting artifacts. In fact, the only thing missing is the Dalmatian.

Maritime Museum 1306 N. Harbor Dr.
Phone: 619-234-9153
Consisting of three uniquely historical vessels, the Maritime Museum exhibits the variety of naval architecture and function of the 19th and early 20th century. Visitors can board each vessel and explore for themselves or view movies on-deck (April - October). The vessels that comprise the Museum are the full-rigged merchant vessel Star of India (1863), whose impressive masts are an integral part of the San Diego cityscape, the gleaming white San Francisco-Oakland steam-powered ferry Berkeley (1898), which worked round-the-clock to carry people to safety following the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, and the sleek Medea (1904), one of the world's few remaining large steam yachts.

San Diego Museum of Man
1350 El Prado, Balboa Park
Phone: 619-239-2001
FAX: 619-239-2749
Those interested in the early history of American Indian, Mayan, and Egyptian art and culture can view exhibits here. The exhibits vary from American Indian art to early Egyptian mummies. The museum also features a Children's' Discovery Center for younger museum patrons.

Mission San Luis Rey
4050 Mission Avenue
Phone: 760-757-3651
View a piece of the early history of California, as well as look through a window into the lives and culture of the early Californians. Beautifully maintained and restored, Mission San Luis Rey is the largest of California's missions. The main sanctuary is of particular interest, while the well cared-for grounds offer the opportunity for a picnic.

Coronado
1047 B Avenue
Visitor's Center
Coronado, CA 92118
800-622-8300
If an interest in getting away from it all has led you to San Diego, let upscale shopping and beautiful white sand beaches bring you to Coronado. Spend a few hours strolling or shopping, explore the yacht harbor or visit the Imperial Beach, then relax and enjoy one of the many excellent restaurants located on this beautiful island.
There's also day trips to Mexico, Anza-Berrigo Desert State Park, Ranch Cuyamaca State park, and out door type stuff. Personnally, I'd like to stay in the city and enjoy the night life and maybe head down to T.J. and see about watching a bull-fight. Of course the Padres will be playing so if anyone is a baseball fan we could catch a game. Also the Del Mar Horse Races are running so if anyone wants to bet on horses we could go there.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.

Last edited by Oerdin; July 14, 2003 at 00:05.
Old July 13, 2003, 23:50   #35
Oerdin
Deity

The Gas Lamp District, Sea Port Village (where all the Aircraft Carriers can be seen), Balboa park, and Old Town (the old Spanish colonial city) are all pretty close together. I can borrow my Dad's Isuzu Rodeo so we should be able to fit 4-6 people in there & there are three youth hostels in town where people can stay for aroun $15 per night (the one in the Gas Lamp is the best) or you can find a hotel room using expedia.

San Diego links:
http://meded.ucsd.edu/osa/resources/...hingstodo.html
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...alifornia.html
http://www.vivasd.com/map/
http://www.hotgetaways.com/attractio..._of_events.htm
http://www.thewalljournal.com/a1f04/todo.htm
http://www.keatinghouse.com/todo.html
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old July 14, 2003, 00:55   #36
Rex Little
Prince

I live only a couple of hours away, so I'll drive down for Saturday. I assume a definite time and place to meet will be posted here before then.
Old July 14, 2003, 01:21   #37
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 02:23
I have some very bad news.

I won't be in Los Angeles until August 14th.

So it is really not possible for me... sorry.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 14, 2003, 10:17   #38
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rex Little
I live only a couple of hours away, so I'll drive down for Saturday. I assume a definite time and place to meet will be posted here before then.
Yeah, sometime in the next three weeks we'll have to set up a time and place to meet. I'll be in town all day Friday and Saturday and I'll be flying out Sunday evening. I'd love to go out for dinner Friday or Saturday and then catch a few drinks in the gas lamp after that but I'd be open to other ideas. Of course there's always the zoo, sea world, legoland, or a day trip to Tijuana. I believe the bull fights run every sunday so if people haven't ever been to a bullfight that might be fun plus it would give the underage set a chance to cut loose.
Old July 14, 2003, 10:29   #39
LTEC!
Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
I believe the bull fights run every sunday so if people haven't ever been to a bullfight that might be fun plus it would give the underage set a chance to cut loose.
We don't do the bullfights. Not even when we lived one block away from the downtown bullring.
I can say that i have never gone...and i'll certainly keep away from them.

But if you're really interested, I can check the season calendar.
Old July 14, 2003, 20:27   #40
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 01:23
I'll let you guys decide...San Diego's spots are still foreign to me.

Hey, you don't mind if I wear a Hooters t-shirt, do you?
Old July 14, 2003, 20:47   #41
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 21:23
Quote:
I believe the bull fights run every sunday so if people haven't ever been to a bullfight that might be fun plus it would give the underage set a chance to cut loose.
The bulls are wimpy, weak, drugged and outnumbered. (Seen 'em channel flipping occasionally, and it's the same in Spain too).

My version of a bullfight "sport" is to get one mean-ass hard core 1100lb rodeo bull, one bullfighter, no help, nothing to hide behind, and keep that bull in prime condition.

The commercial reality is they run on a tight schedule, so they have to get all the guys in their mariquita outfits in on the show, waste the bull, and haul it off and be ready to start the next one in half an hour. (always 6 bulls in 3 hours).

As it's done, it's about as much "sport" as hunting ducks with their wings clipped inside an aviary.

BTW, if it isn't mentioned, Phil's BBQ is the best on the planet, and not far (10 minute drive) from Old Town.
Old July 14, 2003, 21:30   #42
Tuberski

Local Time: 00:23
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
long as someone knows what's in San Diego.

I have no idea. I have never been there. I will have to print up a map so I don't get lost.

I know there is a navy base there, that is all. I was never stationed there, even though I tried desperately to get stationed there. I bet if I asked to be stationed in Iceland, they would have put me in San Diego . That is the way the military works.
Just get on I-15 and drive until it ends, you'll be at the front gate of 32nd Street Naval Station.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old July 14, 2003, 22:50   #43
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:23
Maybe we could catch the Over the Line Tournament.
Old July 14, 2003, 23:25   #44
LTEC!
Goddess

itll be over then. ends on the 20th.
Old July 14, 2003, 23:49   #45
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I don't really need to go to Fiesta Island to see Pacers girls during the daylight. I just wanted to act all San Diego in the know and all...
Old July 15, 2003, 00:53   #46
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

TCO = Total Cost of Ownership?

Just wandering what the basis for name change was.
Old July 15, 2003, 01:03   #47
devilmunchkin
Warlord

I think Balboa would be cool..plus it's free
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old July 15, 2003, 01:05   #48
Lonestar
inmate
King

Seaworld.

Plus, it's free to us Military types.
Old July 15, 2003, 01:12   #49
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Is TCO, GP?

TCO. hmm. Tactical control Officer maybe?
Old July 15, 2003, 01:19   #50
devilmunchkin
Warlord

or confrontational?
Old July 15, 2003, 01:47   #51
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The perfume sale thing is a scam.
Old July 15, 2003, 02:35   #52
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Seaworld.

Plus, it's free to us Military types.
I thought you were in the navy?
Old July 15, 2003, 02:42   #53
devilmunchkin
Warlord

lonestar: ack! cross posting...
but yes..and i feel so low right now..very worthless
Old July 15, 2003, 09:13   #54
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

I thought you were in the navy?
I don't enjoy wandering the woods eating my own sh*t to survive. We can't all be like you Mikey.

Old July 15, 2003, 09:34   #55
Zkribbler
Deity

Quote:
So far we have Oerdin, Devilmunchkin, TOC, Lonestar, & Dissident going with Fez, MtG, and Tuberski in the possibly going catagory.
Add ol' Zkribbler in there--at least for Saturday.

I'll prob'ly be needing a hotel room. In what part of town should I be looking? Around Old Town maybe? Give me a street intersection or something, so I can can focus my search. Thanks.
Old July 15, 2003, 09:41   #56
LTEC!
Goddess

get a room at the W.
Old July 15, 2003, 22:46   #57
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by TCO
Maybe we could catch the Over the Line Tournament.
Over the line is great. I remember going to several growing up and for those of you who don't know it's kind of like a modified co-ed baseball where everyone gets drunk and runs around half naked. Of course all the teams had to register several weeks ago so we couldn't play but with the right group of people it can still be fun to cheer and watch.
Old July 15, 2003, 22:48   #58
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Zkribbler

Add ol' Zkribbler in there--at least for Saturday.

I'll prob'ly be needing a hotel room. In what part of town should I be looking? Around Old Town maybe? Give me a street intersection or something, so I can can focus my search. Thanks.
The gas lamp is best because you'd be near the trolley, night life, fine dinning, and tourist attractions. Of course the gas lamp can also be expensive. Alternatively hotel circle isn't bad but it's nothing special. A look on expedia ought to help you find a good deal.
Old July 15, 2003, 22:50   #59
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 02:23
Only if this all was a week or two later than scheduled I could go.. sorry..
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 18, 2003, 12:19   #60
Oerdin
Deity

Bump.