Local Time: 01:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
How about the Zoo? Kids love the zoo!
Old July 19, 2003, 20:43   #62
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 22:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Zoo is always fun. Is anyone else interested?
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old July 19, 2003, 20:46   #63
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 02:23
Sh!t

I wish I was there earlier... damn it... I love the San Diego Wild Animal Park... I will recommend that one over the San Diego zoo. Is that Wild Animal park still around?
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 19, 2003, 20:58   #64
Oerdin
Deity

Yep, the Wild Animal Park is still around and the animals still get to run where ever they like and the people are the one's kept in cages.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old July 19, 2003, 21:05   #65
Giancarlo
King

Well there was that train thing I went on.. that took you through.. it was cool... wish I had my camera then...
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 19, 2003, 21:08   #66
Oerdin
Deity

Yeah, you sit on a tour bus and the animals get to wander any where they like while the people have to stay on the bus. It's kind of cool to see the tables reversed.
Old July 22, 2003, 21:52   #67
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 05:23
ok...so..what's new with plans? should we start trying to make things more definite?
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old July 26, 2003, 15:57   #68
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 05:23
*bump*
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old July 26, 2003, 16:12   #69
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 21:23
Somewhere along the way, we have to refine that August 1-3 part a little bit - it's a rather long time to wait at CdB and see if anyone shows up.

George - when are you coming out?
Old July 26, 2003, 16:16   #70
Giancarlo
King

I just wish it was after August 14th... then you could all get a chance to meet me.
Old July 26, 2003, 16:17   #71
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

I'll meet you.
Old July 26, 2003, 16:18   #72
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
I'll meet you.
I am a good kid if you get to know me... you won't want to do anything bad to me...
Old July 26, 2003, 16:23   #73
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:23
Let me get off my azz right now and see about a tickie.
Old July 26, 2003, 21:07   #74
Lonestar
inmate
King

Alright, howabout 1600 Saturday at that restraunt you guys are talking about?
Old July 27, 2003, 01:56   #75
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I can do 1600 on Saturday. please say what restaurant that is. And preferribley directions
Old July 27, 2003, 02:05   #76
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Casa de Bandini in Old Town was the pick, I think. Should be easy to spot everyone, since on a Saturday in Old Town in SD in the summer, there won't be a tourist in sight.
Old July 27, 2003, 02:26   #77
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

but how many of those tourists are the geeky type that look like they haven't had any sun in years?

and how fancy is this restaraunt? Is there a dress code?

and exactly where is old town? the parking doesn't sound good when I hear words like old town. is there parking available?
Old July 27, 2003, 02:46   #78
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

There's parking lots all over - absolute guaranteed and free is the Old Town Transit Center, where the SD Trolley and about 8 bus lines connect. Old town is right across the street.

Old Town Transit Center is at the intersection of Taylor and Congress, just east of the I-5. Taylor exits off of the I-8 about a mile east (Hotel Circle / Taylor St. exit)

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...ag=10&newmag=9

Zoom down to level 2 on the map, then level 1.

http://www.bazaardelmundo.com/dining/bandini.html

CdB info
Old July 27, 2003, 02:50   #79
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
I'll meet you.

Just tell me the time and the place and I'll show up with the mini-cam. I'm positive I can bill it as the Apolyton fight of the century and make a couple hundred bucks off of it.
Old July 27, 2003, 02:54   #80
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Alright, howabout 1600 Saturday at that restraunt you guys are talking about?
I can do that. If 1600 on Saturday the 2nd of Aug is the date which works for the greatest number of people then I will post a map with directions to the place here as well as locations of good hotels & Hostels in the city for anyone who's interested.
Old July 27, 2003, 03:02   #81
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

thanks for the info.

I think I can find it.

I work friday night. I'll wake up saturday morning and drive down. Let's hope I don't hit too much traffic
Old July 27, 2003, 03:03   #82
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
but how many of those tourists are the geeky type that look like they haven't had any sun in years?

and how fancy is this restaraunt? Is there a dress code?

and exactly where is old town? the parking doesn't sound good when I hear words like old town. is there parking available?
Dis: Old town is the old Spanish colonial city of San Diego. It's been turned into a nice park where no cars are allowed but there are lots of nearby parking lots like MtG said. Casa de Bandini is a fairly nice restaurant but since it's in laid back San Diego I don't think there is a dress code. Still to be on the safe side were pants and close toed shoes.

Once we figure out how many people are going I will call in and make reservations for us under the "Apolyton Meet" name. That way all you have to do if show up at the restaurant and tell the hostess your here with the Apolyton meet and they will put us all at the correct table.
Old July 27, 2003, 03:10   #83
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

You mean we'd actually have to admit publicly we hang out at this geek-hole?
Old July 27, 2003, 03:25   #84
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

we can tell them it is actually an anti-terrorist unit of the CIA
Old July 27, 2003, 03:42   #85
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 07:23
and we demand pictures. of the whole group. including Diss
Old July 27, 2003, 03:48   #86
Oerdin
Deity

I'm going to see about borrowing the digital camera from work. I'm sure they'll say yes and I'll make sure to bring the spare memory stick.

If Lonestar and/or anyone else wants to go out clubbing on Friday night I'd be up for that as well as the dinner get together in old town on Saturday.
Old July 27, 2003, 14:17   #87
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin

Still to be on the safe side were pants and close toed shoes.
I can only promise shorts, a Texas A&M/or NAVY T-shirt, and sandels with socks.

Long pants are for weddings and work!
Old July 27, 2003, 14:45   #88
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I have a digital camera as well. I can take pictures. I keep meaning to post a picture of myself here, but never get around to it

and we should wear name tags with our posters name on them

I'll bring my long pants, but I prefer not to wear them. It's suicidal to wear long pants were I live. Although I'd imagine San Diego is a lot cooler.
Old July 27, 2003, 14:48   #89
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Old town is less than a mile from the ocean, but in an area where the breeze is fairly dead. Temperatures should be mid-high 60's, partly or mostly cloudy and fairly humid.
Old July 27, 2003, 14:50   #90
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
I have a digital camera as well. I can take pictures. I keep meaning to post a picture of myself here, but never get around to it

and we should wear name tags with our posters name on them

I'll bring my long pants, but I prefer not to wear them. It's suicidal to wear long pants were I live. Although I'd imagine San Diego is a lot cooler.
It's been pretty warm recently,which is why I'm not up to wearing them.