Old July 10, 2003, 02:23   #1
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 00:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
A nation fades to black
Life it seems, will fade away
Drifting further every day
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters no one else
-Metallica, Fade to Black

><><><><><><><
The small French villiage of Orleans was all that remained of the glorious Franco nation which had once known half of this continent as home...
><><><><><><><
Orleans, April, 923 BCE

Michael looked to his father, tried to look his father straight in the eye, tried to get some idea of what his model of manhood, his idol, and his only confidant was thinking. It was in vain, Michael's father could not bear to look at his son, for he was about to leave his boy forever, and it could very well be while the boy watched.

Still keeping his eyes away, he offered the parting words that his own father gave to him.

"Son, the Templeau family has always been on the side of France, should I fall, it is your duty to continue the fight and continue the line of the Templeau!"

"But father, how will I do this? I am but a teenage-"

"Silence boy, you are versed in battle, and as strong as I ever was, but now is not the time for you to fight, you must gather those loyal to france and start anew to return one day in a horde of vengeance!!!"

And that was it, Michael's father trudged through the copper-colored clay muck that had once been a paved street of Orleans. Michael watched his father's silhouette until both it and the sky faded to black...

><><><><><><><
Secret French Resistance Headquarters May, 923 B.C.E.

The scattered pieces of the French Monarchy, as well as fragments of the most loyal divisions of the French army were contemplating the best way to reclaim the land that was rightfully their own...

"I still cannot believe the Greeks would turn hostile... or be so effective in destroying our villiages."
Joan tugged at her hair to show her distress.

"My queen, please do not do that, it may very well cause you to go bald some day, and then you will be uglier even than that russian hag we killed in the war of stupid stacking doll toys that are dumb."
It was Romian, Minister of Domestics

"Shut up Romian!!!"
The resistance wasn't too fond of Romian

"Where is Monsier Templeau?" Joan wanted her Minister of the Military, "HE is the one individual that this meeting REQUIRES!!"

A young man stepped forward, "I am the last of that name! I have been given orders by my father too, and they don't involve sticking around here for the slaughter!"

"Then where is your father?" Romian asked with a slight nasal tone.

"Well sir, I guess, umm, I mean, He died bravely defending his home, his people, and his legacy!"

"In other words he stuck around for the slaughter?" Romian chuckled to himself, then looked around to see nobody laughing.

"He was successful in defending Orleans for me to make my way here sir! Mock my father once more, and you won't be a minister, you will be a eunich!" This did get a chuckle out of some of the resistance members, mostly the military ones who had seen Michael's skill in combat.

"This is all very amusing young Templeau, but what, praytell, are the mysterious orders your father left us?" Joan was waiting impatiently for the answer, but she maintained a calm facade.

"We are to colonize the forbidden archipelago, it is the only place Alexander and his sex-crazy greek practitioners of orgies and rapes will not go, while there we are to meet other nations not native to our continent, nations who can teach us things, and who we may teach as well. We are to create an international alliance against the Crazed Greek Wanderers before it is too late!"

><><><><><><><
Athens

"Civman"

no answer

"CIVMAN"

no answer

"CIV!!!! MAN!!!!!"

"Uhm.. what is it Alexander?"

"I need my trainer..."

"Very good sir, I shall send her in immediately."

><><><><><><><

To Alexander, the Greeks had already achieved victory, and a celebratory orgy was in order, little did he know that the French were beaten but not destroyed, in the Forbidden Archipelago, New Paris had just been founded, and a revolutionary material known as Gunpowder was being tested as a viable tool for battle.

><><><><><><><

Time marches on... For whom the bell tolls!

-Metallica, For Whom the Bell Tolls

---------
Tell me how it turned out, I know how it's gonna end, your feedback in mass quantities will expand the middle!

NOTE: This story is much better if you've read Crazed Greek Wanderings... READ IT!!!
Old July 11, 2003, 02:14   #2
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 06:24
Its a good start and good to see you writing again, also good to see a sequel.

The little thing you started between the young Templau and Romian looks set to become quite hilarious, keep it coming.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old July 12, 2003, 10:45   #3
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 05:24
Quote:
stupid stacking doll toys that are dumb.
I like those :sob: don't make fun of them.
Old July 13, 2003, 15:12   #4
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 00:24
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Tropical Wilderness Homeland
The French Settlement of New Paris was of a mindset of revenge. It became a shame for a family to not produce a son that joined the military. They were a driven people, every family had a story of their home being ransacked by the crazed Greeks.

"They killed my baby!"

"Oh yeah? They raped my daughter!"

"Oh YEAH?! They slapped my wife, ate my baby, and married my daughter!"

"Bummer dude," was all the french could reply.

So they were really hella pissed, and nothing is worse, or quite as rank, as a pissed french person, so it was probably good that most of them were going into the military, at least then there is a mandatory hose-down.

(I've got more but family emergency has forced me to go)