Old July 10, 2003, 03:57   #1
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 15:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Sheep NES Modern Day
This game is totally based off of UKNESIV: Global Destiny, and I take no credit for it. Full credit should go to UKNemesis.

If UKnemesis disagrees with me running this game, then I will fully close this nes. Though I don't think he will care much

This is a complete copy of the rules of UKNESIV. Again, I take no credit for it.

Here is a link to the map sections which you can use for getting the names of countries. I will be using a smaller map to show political changes (invading of nations mostly), and it will be updated once a week most likely:

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications...cs/refmaps.html

Btw, that is not my map or site.

Right, now we get to the good bits.

Combat will be moderated by me, since I'm not playing. It's not going to be the random roll the dice rubbish, I'm going to actually work out the combat(don't worry, I'm not going to be defence biased, or offence biased, I will just do an honest job of it).

[You can only invade once per turn. You cant fight two battles.]

Neutral nations WILL have their own armies, which I will work out when you attack them(I'm not going to bother keeping track of all those armies, but I will work out how many troops they have based on how many turns they've been alive and how much they are worth, just like you do).

Land units can move ONE country per turn. A turn is one day. For each turn, you get the number of credits(see above) for each nation, plus 3 credits extra per factory you have.

Sea units can move ONE ocean per turn, and air units can move TWO countries per turn, or ONE ocean per turn(must move from a country, through an ocean straight to another country, can't stay over the ocean without an aircraft carrier).

That means a land unit can move to a neighbouring country in one turn, a sea unit can move to a neighbouring ocean in one turn, and an air unit can move two countries in one turn, or cross the ocean straight to another country in one turn.

Once you have picked a nation, YOU MUST OPEN A NEW THREAD, WITH THE TITLE BEING THE NAME OF THAT NATION.

In this thread you must post your income, your buys each turn(basically update it every turn) and your units and buildings and their locations and orders.

See this [this is my thread in JNES over at civfanatics. Based on this. May give you some ideas.)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...=&pagenumber=1

[It's best for the look and feel of the game to post the maps and flags like shown in all those threads. Go here for a good site to get those maps and flags: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/]

You must post your regular orders and your attack orders here, and I will post the result as soon as I can. Taking time to do tactics and plans make your results usually a lot better.

You begin with the amount of credits that your country is worth.

Here is the units and buildings list(cost is in brackets):

EACH NATION HAS A UNIQUE UNIT, WHICH REPLACES ONE OF THESE. WHEN YOU SAY WHAT NATION YOU ARE, I WILL TELL YOU YOUR UNIQUE UNIT.

Nations markesd with an N can build nuclear missiles, nations without must research them

Infantry Division(3 credits)
Good in defence, poor in attack. The basic infantry unit, with trucks and support units.

Mechanised Infantry Division(5 credits)
Excellent in defence, okay in attack. Better infantry unit, equipped with armoured personnel carriers. Include support units.

Armoured Division(7 credits)
Excellent in attack, poor in defence. The basic tank unit, with support units.

Artillery Division(3 credits)
Poor in defence and attack, but can bombard neighbouring nations(including when you're attacking them), and defend against air attacks. Includes support units.

Special Forces Division(10 credits)
Good in attack and defence, can attack factories in secret missions(must be PMed to me), with a risk of being caught(nationality only revealed if caught). Includes support units. Able to attack anywhere on the map.

Fighter Squadron(7 credits)
Your basic fighter squadron, including support units. Excellent in defence, okay in attack. Examples include the F-22 and the F-15.

Close Air Support Squadron(5 credits)
Provides air support to your land forces, and includes support units. Poor in defence, but good in attack. Excellent against land units. Examples include the F-16 and the A-10.

Naval Air Wing(10 credits)
Can be based on aircraft carriers or land. The only unit able to be based on aircraft carriers(the other air units must cross the ocean straight away, and can't land on carriers). Good in defence and attack. Examples include the Harrier and the F-14. Comes with support units.

Gunship Squadron(5 credits)
Your basic attack helicopter unit, supports land units or attacks targets. Okay in defence and attack. Comes with support units. Examples include the Apache, the Comanche and the Hind.

Bomber Squadron(12 credits)
Your basic bomber squadron, comes with support units. Can carry 1 tactical nuke. Good in attack on ground and sea targets, poor against aircraft and defending. Can bombard. The main example is the B-52.

Stealth Bomber Squadron(15 credits)
Can only be hit by air units. Excellent against ground targets, poor against sea and air targets. Also poor in defending. Includes support units. Examples include the F-117 and the B-2. Can carry 1 tactical nuke.

Stealth Fighter Squadron(10 credits)
Is a true stealth fighter, unlike the F-117. Can only be hit by air units, and includes support units. Good in attack, excellent in defence. The best example is the F-19.

Aeroplane Transport Squadron(7 credits)
Can transport 3 divisions, and then move them using the air units movement rules. Transporting is the only way land units can move across the ocean. Poor in attack and defence. Includes support units.

Transport Fleet(10 credits)
Can carry 5 divisions. Poor in attack and defence. Includes support units.

Helicopter Transport Squadron(5 credits)
Can transport 1 division, moving the same as the aeroplane transport squadron. Poor in attack and defence. Includes support units, and the best example is the Chinook.

Aircraft Carrier(25 credits)
Can be used a base by naval aircraft wings. Is empty to begin with. It can carry three naval aircraft wings. Poor in attack, good in defence.

Aegis Cruiser(15 credits)
Can shoot down incoming missiles that may hit the fleet. Okay in attack, good in defence. Excellent against air units.

Destroyer(12 credits)
Good in attack, okay in defence, good against air units. Carries Tomahawk cruise missiles and Harpoons.

Frigate(10 credits)
Poor in attack, good in defence, excellent against submarine units.

Corvette(5 credits)
Okay against all units.

Missile submarine(10 credits)
Can carry 2 tactical nukes(must be bought) and Tomahawk cruise missiles. Poor in defence and attack.

Attack submarine(5 credits)
Carries torpedoes and Harpoon anti-ship missiles. Good in attack and defence.

Nuclear submarine(15 credits)
Can carry 1 tactical nuke(must be bought), Tomahawk cruise missiles, Harpoon anti-ship missiles and torpedoes. Good in attack, excellent in defence.

ICBM bunker(50 credits)
Can hold and fire up to four ICBMs at a time(must be bought).

Anti-missile system(25 credits)
Has a good chance of shooting down incoming ICBMs and tactical nukes in the province it is built.

Factory(Your income per turn + 3 credits)
Factories cost what you make per turn(doesn't include banked money) and increase your income by 3 credits. You may have more than one per country.

Nuclear Research (Your income for one turn)
You can then build nuclear missiles

Tactical nuke(10 credits)
Can only be moved on units which can carry it. Can only hit countries next to the ocean that the submarine is in, or the one that the bomber drops it in. See below for details of what nukes do.

ICBM(25 credits)
Can hit any country in the world. Must be in an ICBM bunker. See below for nuke rules.

Nuclear missiles
Nuclear missiles, if they hit successfully, destroy all factories in the country they hit, and reduce its income by 1 to 3 credits(for a tactical nuke) and 1 to 5 credits for an ICBM. You may also aim nukes at armies, fleets or air bases, in the hope of destroying enemy forces. The amount of damage done depends on many factors.

Right, here is the list of nations, in order of how many credits they are worth to begin with(you may choose any to rule, but I suggest only taking those in the 4 credit section at the least, best bet would be to take a richer nation.

Last edited by Sheep; July 10, 2003 at 04:38.
Old July 10, 2003, 04:08   #2
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

edited

Last edited by Sheep; July 25, 2003 at 14:26.
Old July 10, 2003, 04:12   #3
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 17:25
Your map link is busted.
Old July 10, 2003, 04:13   #4
Sheep
King

edited

Last edited by Sheep; July 25, 2003 at 14:27.
Old July 10, 2003, 04:14   #5
Sheep
King

Unique Units

United States - Apache Squadron(6 credits)
Replaces the Gunship Squadron, supports land units or attacks targets. Good in defence and attack. Comes with support units. Can use missiles to bombard. Costs more than the regular.

Britian - SAS Squad (8 credits)
Replaces the Special Ops Squads. Excellent in attack and defence, can attack factories in secret missions(must be PMed to me), with a risk of being caught(nationality only revealed if caught). Includes support units. Able to attack anywhere on the map.

Japan- Rising Sun Submarines (4 credits)
Replaces the Attack Submarine. Excellent in attack good in defence. Is able to travel at twice the normal speed. (2 oceans in one turn)

Russia - T80 Tank Division (5 credits)
Excellent in attack, good in defence, costs 5 credits and replaces the Tank Division.

India - Fast Stealth Bomber Squadron(13 credits)
Can only be hit by air units. Excellent against ground targets, good against sea and air targets. Also good in defending. Includes support units. Can carry 2 tactical nukes, and travel 2 spaces landing back in the staring space.

Germany - Waffen-SS Divisions (2 credits)
Excellent in attack, poor in defence. However when used against another nation they will require a larger garisson. Every division used makes the required garrison grow by one. SS Divisions also can;t be used to garrison themselves.

Germany - Panzer Divisions (5 credits)
Excellent in attack, good in defence, costs 5 credits and replaces the Tank Division.

South Africa - Black Infantary (2 credits)
Same a as the regular infanatry but because manpower is cheaper only costs 2 credits instead of 3. Replaces infantary.

South Korea - Black Moon Jets (5 credits)
Good at attack, excellent at defence. Costs 5 cerdist and replaces fighter squadrons.

France - Mirage Jet (7 credits)
Excellent at attack, good at defence. Costs 7 credits and replaces fighter squadrons.

Turkey - Mounted Infantary (4 credits)
Good at attack as well as defence. Costs 4 credist but counts as two units for garrison duties. Replaces infantary.

Italy - Killer Submarines (5 credits)
Good at attck, good at defence, excellent at attacking surface ships. Can bombard. Replaces submarine. Costs 5 credits.

Australia - Vangaurd Submarine
Replaces nuclear submarine, and carries one more tactical nuke(making it 2 in total) and costs only 12 credits.

China - Red Infantry
Replaces normal infantry, but isn't quite as well trained. Costs just 2 credits.

Canada - Mountie
Repalces Infatary, good at fighting in colder climates. Costs 2 credits.

Switzerland - Bank
Replaces factory, costs the same. Generates 5 credits instead of 3. mUst still build factories to build units tho. Bank cannot build units in that province. Can't be brought by other nations.

Last edited by Sheep; July 16, 2003 at 02:02.
Old July 10, 2003, 04:15   #6
Prince Jason
Warlord

Local Time: 21:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
United States for me! Great nes sheep .

Jason
Old July 10, 2003, 04:19   #7
Sheep
King

BTW I need a map editor.
Old July 10, 2003, 04:23   #8
Sheep
King

You can sign up now. I wont start the turns until Monday my time. That is Sunday night for the Americans.

Turns will change 2pm every day. (GMT +10) Until Monday 2pm my time, you can do turn 1 orders.
Old July 10, 2003, 04:35   #9
Frozzy
Emperor

Britain.
Old July 10, 2003, 04:53   #10
Prince Jason
Warlord

United States
Turn One: 9c to spend (0 from bank)
Buys: 1 Apache Squadron
Movements: None
Spent: 6c, banked: 3c
Old July 10, 2003, 05:30   #11
plexus
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Chieftain

Japan for me. I'm not going to go with a one credit nation this time around...
Old July 10, 2003, 06:20   #12
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I would like to be Russia.
Old July 10, 2003, 06:50   #13
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Turn History:

Turn one
Russia fromed its first Armor Division of the new Russian millitary.(5c, banked 3c)

Russia Declares War on the State of Georgia, Moving in its newly fromed First Armor Division.
Old July 10, 2003, 06:57   #14
Methril
Never Ending StoriesNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 23:25
India for me
Old July 10, 2003, 07:52   #15
Methril
Never Ending StoriesNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 23:25
India

July, 2003- Turn 1
-- build 1 Mechanized Infantry in India
-- invade Burma with 1 mech infantry from India
Old July 10, 2003, 07:54   #16
Amon Savag
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:25
Germany for me
Old July 10, 2003, 07:57   #17
Sheep
King

Russia invades Georgia

Russia invades Georgia with a T-80 Division and made short work of the Georgian militia. Georgia surrendered soon after. One tank was destroyed which was promtly replaced.

Losses: none
Garrison 2 for 3 turns

India invades Burma

Burma was able to hold its ground for a little while against the invading Indians. However as soon as the mechanised infantaries greater mobility came into play Burma was done for.

Losses: mech infantary at 1/2 stregth
Garrison 1 for 4 turns
Old July 10, 2003, 09:20   #18
Amon Savag
Chieftain

Turn 1
Income:7(Income:7 Bank:0)
Builds:2 Waffen SS Divisions
1 Artillery Division

Invade Czech Republic
1 Waffen SS Division with cover and support from the Artillery drive their way into the Czech republic and take over some stuff.
Old July 10, 2003, 11:39   #19
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 00:25
I'll take France please.

I'll wait until I see my unique unit before I put in my first orders.
Old July 10, 2003, 12:14   #20
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 06:25
OOC:
The borderline between Germany and Poland is wrong; You made Zittau and Görlitz part of Poland, but it´s Sachsen/Germany;
Old July 10, 2003, 12:26   #21
Amon Savag
Chieftain

Does it matter?
Old July 10, 2003, 13:10   #22
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Reserve S. Korea for me. I won't be ready till tonight, but do put me down.
Old July 10, 2003, 16:31   #23
Frozzy
Emperor

United Kingdom Turn One

HM Government Income : £7tr
HM Government Military Expenditure: £6tr to be used for the sole purpose of training and arming two (2) infantry divisions.
HM Government Savings: £1tr
Bank of England Total: £1tr

Ministry of Defence Orders: Two Infantry Divisions are to advance into Southern Ireland, from Ulster.

Last edited by Frozzy; July 11, 2003 at 01:33.
Old July 10, 2003, 16:35   #24
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
South Africa for me, like Skilord I won't be ready til later tho.
Old July 10, 2003, 17:22   #25
Prince Jason
Warlord

Sheep, when do the turns change?
Old July 10, 2003, 17:25   #26
plexus
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Chieftain

@Jason- 2 PM +10GMT (8 PM -8GMT).
Old July 10, 2003, 19:01   #27
Prince Jason
Warlord

Which is what in English?
Old July 10, 2003, 19:16   #28
Frozzy
Emperor

The turns change at:

8pm Pacific Time
9pm Mountain Time
10pm Central Time
11pm Eastern

Take your pick Jason.
Old July 10, 2003, 21:18   #29
Prince Jason
Warlord

Ok, thx Frozzy.
Old July 11, 2003, 00:41   #30
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
I'ma gonna stockpile my resources 5 in the bank