wow I didn't realize u hated me Tuo...
Old July 11, 2003, 00:13   #32
VJ
King

Local Time: 05:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
wow I didn't realize u hated me Tuo...
During the past few months, it has became so obvious that you're a knee-jerk liberal, that it's not even funny anymore.

Every single piece of irrelevant info which might hurt your president's 'image' in any way will be a subject of a new thread of yours.

EDIT:
To make it completely clear, I don't 'hate' you. You wouldn't be anything else than pathetic, but since you have any power during the US president elections, you're a minor nuisance as well.
Old July 11, 2003, 00:46   #33
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 23:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I find Sava amusing...I mean, I never smile while reading any other political post. He should get points for making me laugh.

Tuome--do you disagree with him or do you actually think he's a nuisance?
Old July 11, 2003, 01:58   #34
Edan
Warlord

Local Time: 01:27
Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
I'm not fond of the Guardian, but American media won't report such a story.

Nope, of course they won't. But I forget, does the C in CBS stand for Cambodia, Cyprus or Chile?
Old July 11, 2003, 02:03   #35
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 00:27
Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
I find Sava amusing...
You do?
Old July 11, 2003, 02:19   #36
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:27
Did anyone hear? **** Armee is the new political advisor to MSNBC.

Fiercly Independant.
Old July 11, 2003, 13:26   #37
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
During the past few months, it has became so obvious that you're a knee-jerk liberal, that it's not even funny anymore.

Every single piece of irrelevant info which might hurt your president's 'image' in any way will be a subject of a new thread of yours.
You're getting close... actually, the entire motivation behind my posts are to get hilarious reactions from the dumb.

thanks
Old July 11, 2003, 14:35   #38
The diplomat
King

Quote:
[SIZE=1] Originally posted by Boris Godunov [/SIZE

And you know this because of your:

A) awesome mindreading capabilities?
B) being present at the White House when the speech was written?
C) certain knowledge that a politician would never lie?
D) lips being firmly planted on Dubya's tush?
As with all White House operations, they check and double check all the facts in a State of the Union. If everyone told Bush the facts were accurate, then how is he suppose to know they are not?
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"
Old July 11, 2003, 15:42   #39
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
As with all White House operations, they check and double check all the facts in a State of the Union. If everyone told Bush the facts were accurate, then how is he suppose to know they are not?
and this knowledge comes from your years of experience as White House intern?
Old July 11, 2003, 15:54   #40
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
Created: Fri Jul 11 07:04:40 EST 2003
Has the president's case for the war in Iraq been damaged by questions about pre-war intelligence on WMD?
Yes 60% 88271 votes
No 40% 57785 votes
Total: 146056 votes

This QuickVote is not scientific and reflects the opinions of only those Internet users who have chosen to participate. The results cannot be assumed to represent the opinions of Internet users in general, nor the public as a whole. The QuickVote sponsor is not responsible for content, functionality or the opinions expressed therein.
from http://www.cnn.com/ on the main page...
Old July 11, 2003, 15:56   #41
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Quote:
actually, the entire motivation behind my posts are to get hilarious reactions
Translation: Sava is a troll. A kinder, gentler way of putting it would be to say he exaggerates for effect.

Actually, to be fair to him, he's been pretty open about that in the past. He's reasonably good at it, in that he tends to get responses. He walks that fine line between being too irritating and being boring. [/ode to Sava]

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old July 11, 2003, 18:00   #42
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

newest poll from http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/wolf.blitzer.reports/

Quote:
Created: Fri Jul 11 14:47:17 EST 2003
Whom do you blame for the mistake in the president's State of the Union address on Iraq?

President Bush 95% 10587 votes

British intelligence 1% 151 votes

CIA 4% 395 votes

Total: 11133 votes

This QuickVote is not scientific and reflects the opinions of only those Internet users who have chosen to participate. The results cannot be assumed to represent the opinions of Internet users in general, nor the public as a whole. The QuickVote sponsor is not responsible for content, functionality or the opinions expressed therein.

Quote:
Translation: Sava is a troll. A kinder, gentler way of putting it would be to say he exaggerates for effect.

Actually, to be fair to him, he's been pretty open about that in the past. He's reasonably good at it, in that he tends to get responses. He walks that fine line between being too irritating and being boring. [/ode to Sava]

-Arrian
the smart get it... the dumb don't... thanks Arrian
Old July 11, 2003, 22:15   #43
Q Classic
Emperor

damn script kiddies screwing with data.
Old July 12, 2003, 17:04   #44
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
12 Jul 2003 18:51:07 GMT
Newsweek poll: drop in approval for Bush on Iraq

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON, July 12 (Reuters) - Public opinion of President George W. Bush's handling of Iraq has dropped about 20 points since U.S. forces took Baghdad in April, a Newsweek poll said on Saturday.

Bush's approval rating for his handling of the military operation in Iraq fell to 53 percent among those surveyed on July 10-11, from 65 percent in a May 29-30 poll, and a high of 74 percent in an April 10-11 poll taken just after Saddam Hussein was ousted from power in Iraq, Newsweek said.

The president's overall rating slipped to 55 percent from 61 percent in the May poll.

More than half of those polled, 53 percent, said the Bush administration did not purposely mislead the public about evidence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction in order to build support for the war, while 38 percent said the administration had misled the public.

And in an indication of how the controversy over an incorrect assertion by Bush in his January State of the Union address that Iraq was trying to acquire uranium from Africa was playing to the public, 72 percent said they had not heard about it.

Among registered voters, 50 percent said issues of the economy and jobs would be more important than terrorism and homeland security in determining their vote in next year's presidential elections. Twenty-two percent said terrorism and homeland security would be more important issues.

The registered voters surveyed were split on whether they wanted Bush to serve another term, with 47 percent saying they would like to see Bush re-elected and 46 percent saying they would not, while 7 percent were undecided.

The margin of error for the telephone poll was plus or minus 3 percentage points. Of the 1,017 adults surveyed, 837 were registered voters, and the margin of error for that subgroup was plus or minus 4 percentage points.
Here's a scientific poll for you sticklers... Bush's approval rating has been falling steadily. Nixon bottomed out around 15% IIRC... I predict next month is in the 40's for Bushy...

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N12370848.htm
Old July 12, 2003, 17:33   #45
Edan
Warlord

Not to worry, he's still got some time to start another war, although he is cutting it close.

Bush Job approval ratings
Old July 12, 2003, 17:49   #46
The diplomat
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
and this knowledge comes from your years of experience as White House intern?
No, I know it cause it's common knowledge. Besides, didn't you hear Condi Rice on tv recently explain that the CIA approved the ENTIRE State of the Union speech before it was given?
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"