View Poll Results: Should Apolyton University have a new webpage
Yes it should. 28 80.00%
No it shouldn't 4 11.43%
Banana 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 12, 2003, 14:59   #1
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 22:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Apolyton University Poll 1 - New webpage
This will be the first in a series of polls regarding Apolyton University and the four Civ3 democracy games played here on Apolyton. Per the initiative of Theseus in this thread http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...threadid=90953 we are attempting to increase the attractiveness of each with introduction pages, new ways of approaching players, and generally more fun. This first poll asks the question of whether or not Apolyton University should be given a new page. Please vote on whether you believe we should create a new page for Apolyton University or if it should remain in the strategy forum, and then post with your reasons. Thanks.

Examples of content from a new page: The webpage could house links to the scenarios in the directory (which need to be kept updated) and to threads in the forum such as badams' excellent "AU History 101" thread and the AU-mod threads.
Each AU course would have it's own summary page, and sub-pages with samples of the best AAR's for that course.

My own feelings on this are mixed. While I like the idea of a new webpage, AU has always been a strategy tool in the strategy forum (see the second poll for more thoughts on that). However because it is part of a forum that doesn’t have a high visibility, AU itself does not have a high visibility. For right now I am voting for a new webpage.
Old July 12, 2003, 16:24   #2
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 01:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
I'd suggest not necessarily starting with a separate webpage for each course... that can just be on the main AU page.

Having a separate (and simple) page for the AU Mod is probably a good idea, just because there's so much information to convey. This will also serve to make the AU Mod much more accessible.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old July 12, 2003, 18:27   #3
Wooglin
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:34
I agree with Theseus here.

--Woog

(Here's to hoping I can finally get some AU games in this summer)
Old July 13, 2003, 00:06   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Rhothaerill you have been busy. Looks like another consenus.
Old July 13, 2003, 00:18   #5
BigDork
Prince

Local Time: 05:34
Just wondering, when you say seperate web page do you mean something away from 'poly all together or just another forum here at 'poly?

BigD

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?
Old July 13, 2003, 01:07   #6
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
Just wondering, when you say seperate web page do you mean something away from 'poly all together or just another forum here at 'poly?

BigD
Another forum here at 'Poly, but one that can be linked to from the main Civ3 page.
Old July 13, 2003, 02:09   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 23:34
Just a short comment.

When Theseus rampaged for the start of AU (I think it was him) I saw it as an interesting, if quaint initiative. Fast forward... what does Poly have to offer people who play Civ3 and it's spawn? AU is the very best of that.

I believe AU should be promoted. It is good for the game. It is good for Poly.
Old July 13, 2003, 10:23   #8
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Just a short comment.

When Theseus rampaged for the start of AU (I think it was him) I saw it as an interesting, if quaint initiative. Fast forward... what does Poly have to offer people who play Civ3 and it's spawn? AU is the very best of that.

I believe AU should be promoted. It is good for the game. It is good for Poly.
/me the missionary looks on proudly at the converted.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old July 13, 2003, 11:10   #9
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 23:34
Yeah, sure.
Old July 14, 2003, 01:44   #10
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
* Theseus the missionary looks on proudly at the converted.
I didn't know you were the one who originally pushed for AU Theseus. Glad you did. It has certainly helped a lot of people improve their game, me included.
Old July 15, 2003, 00:32   #11
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

A happy little bump to keep this visible for people who haven't had the chance to vote yet. This is the last bump. If it goes off the first page after this I'm not going to deliberately bump it again.

BTW, it looks like the people want a new AU webpage! Now the real work will begin.
Old July 15, 2003, 06:55   #12
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Most definately, it answers questions almost daily for many players.
Old July 15, 2003, 09:50   #13
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 02:34
I haven't been playing Civ for a while now, but I understand the importance and value of AU as a relevant tool to improve the strategy both for novices and veterans alike. Much the same as the GOTM feature is a trademark of a site like CFC, the AU has become the most important feature of Civ strategy here on Poly, so I think it deserves its own page (or forum).