Old August 17, 2003, 01:33   #61
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 22:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I just saw it. I liked it a lot.

The jet at the end...the pilot definitely didn't speak English. I don't know anything about jets, but I can tell when someone is speaking a foreign language, and this was certainly such. I'll take Pekka's word for it that it is Finnish.

It does seem to be rather implausible that the virus, which infects so quickly, would penetrate into the non-urban areas all that well. You'd think there would be whole villages and towns that where holed up, preparing to defend against encroaching infecteds.

I also think the New York and Paris stories were either deliberate hoaxes or just rumors. They said it was only "reports," so it could be just media hysteria (gee, where have we seen such a thing before?).

Of course, the biggest plot hole is that Britain is left alone. I'd think that once what had happened became apparent, the world leaders would unite to reduce the island to cinders to prevent the virus from surviving. Just carpet bomb the place into ashes to be safe, and then quarantine it for a few decades.

Oh, and the alternate "darker" ending was lame. Liked the regular ending much better.
Old August 17, 2003, 02:57   #62
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 22:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I liked the regular ending as well.

And why would they carpet bomb England? That makes little sense. If the infected can't get off the island, there is no reason to bomb it.

Might as well wait it out, and then go in and look for survivors.

And I think Boris just saw it only after I mentioned the full frontal male nudity