Old August 27, 2003, 09:55   #61
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 01:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Nikolai
Shiit happens.
yeah, especially when one poster is a "prince" only a few dozen posts away from "king" Much better to have nationalistic flamewars in an ontopic forum

Obligatory on topic content:

Right now EU (well really EU2) is one of my principle motives for getting a new PC. Im thinking of getting a budget machine, which these days means 256MB RAM. Of course that included Win XP. So how does EU2 runs under WinXP with 256MB RAM? Do i really need 512? How about 128 MB, with an older Win OS? (Available used or refurbished)
Old August 27, 2003, 10:20   #62
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 07:47
Well, the price of going from 256 to 512 MB isn't that big, and I can assure you that it will make both EU2 and other programmes/games faster. I play on my Win XP, P4 2.0 GHz, 512 MB machine(that is a little bit above the budget I guess) and have no problems of course.

However, on my older machine with PIII 850 Mhz, 96 MB and Win ME, the game plays okay, if not just as fast. There is a considerable slowdown at the later part of the game. As you see, a budget computer will certainly do it, but you should IMHO double the RAM if you can afford. And do remember that Win XP uses 64 MB IIRC! Hope it helps!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27, 2003, 10:36   #63
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 01:47
Quote:
Originally posted by Nikolai
Well, the price of going from 256 to 512 MB isn't that big, and I can assure you that it will make both EU2 and other programmes/games faster. I play on my Win XP, P4 2.0 GHz, 512 MB machine(that is a little bit above the budget I guess) and have no problems of course.
the budget machines tend to be roughly celeron, 2 to 2.2 GHz, 256MB. In a few months p4 512 may well be budget, and i might just wait till then.
Old August 27, 2003, 12:22   #64
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

If it hadn't been Celeron, I'd bought it, but Celeron isn't exactly known to be good for gamers... I don't know if it's workable for EU2 though. BTW, Paradox is working on two new games, CK(1066-1453) together with Snowball, and Victoria(1835?-1920). Both will be released hopefully before Christmas. So if you are interested in them, you might want to have a good computer I guess. Not because of graphics(you know Pardox), but because of the complex work underneath the game's surface, it might need some RAM.
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Nikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2003, 18:45   #65
ambrose33
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:47
my question
ok in my game elizabeth sometimes never becomes queen and mary rules forever, and louis 14th never dies until napoleon, and the byzantine empire never gets conquered y?:confused::confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
ambrose33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2003, 11:53   #66
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

In my recent games, Byzantines almost never get conquered. Moreover, Turkey is pretty weak and looses its grounds easily - also to Byzantines
Heresson is offline   Reply With Quote