Old July 24, 2003, 06:20   #31
Gufnork
Prince

Local Time: 05:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Turn 2107 to Rubin.

Finally, the terraformers are both up and running. Now it's time to expand, we need to inhabit more of this world to understand it. Scout patrol Epsilon Alpha reported that they've sighted two pods finally. One however is located in a fungus field. The testings from Monitoring stations show that there are no inherant dangers from the fungus, but I expect the fauna of this planet to be the most dangerous in that terrain. They will have to enter however, we are in desperate need of those supplies.

--Provost Gufnork
"The Search for Tomorrow"

Last edited by Gufnork; July 24, 2003 at 06:44.
Old July 24, 2003, 06:43   #32
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 07:48
M.Y. 2107 Complete
Morganic Report, M.Y. 2107:
CEO Rubin declared that worker wages are doubled - effective immediately. This way Morganic production facilities hope to increase production speeds. This is not only necessary but also a logical step for all Morganites, said CEO Rubin in an ML3dV interview. We need a strong market to prosper on Chiron and recent events have forced some citizens at Hydoponics One into poverty. I simply cannot let that continue.
Workers and scientists at Hydroponics One are now working even harder to finish a new kind of revolutionary machinery. Completion is expected early next year.
End of Report

Turn 2107 complete. Turn passed to Lord Chip of the Gaians.

Last edited by Rubin; July 24, 2003 at 07:28.
Old July 24, 2003, 07:33   #33
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

Local Time: 23:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
GNN-2108

Military sources confirm that the reason 1st GEF suffered no casualties from last year's mind worm encounter is that the exo-zoologists "captured" it. The "unit"--dubbed 2nd GEF--spent a portion of the year scouting with the 1st GEF.

At the end of the year 2nd GEF located a second mind worm unit. Gaian scientists are apprehensively excited at the meeting of native and "domesticated" mind worms to test their reaction to one another. The upcoming encounter will provide evidence as to the inherent antagonism or docility of this presumably native species.

The encounters with native species stand in stark contrast to the absence of contact from other Unity factions. Could it be that our colony comprises the total of human life on Chiron?

2108 to HongHu.

Last edited by Chip_Buckner; July 24, 2003 at 07:42.
Old July 24, 2003, 22:57   #34
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

PLAH report, 2108:

Looks like the mindworms can sense the incoming danger and it evaded green scout No. 2! Both green scout continues efforts to explor the unknow territory.

Turn 2108 to university.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 25, 2003, 05:40   #35
Rubin
staff

M.Y. 2108 Complete
Morganic Report, M.Y. 2108:
Recorded Surveillance Log: Oh man! Revolutionary machinery my ***! Four months in the recruitment facility and they put me into one of these... Ahh, let's see how this thing works... [...] What the... Ooohh... Easy! Easy! [...] That's better. Hey, where's the plans?!? [...] Operation Instructions Manual?!? Why do they write this stuff? Man, how am I supposed to understand **** of this crap! Mmmm, make sure the main hydraulic drill is ... ??? The main hydro... drill?!? What IS this piece of ****?!? And they tell me to go dig a hole?!? Do this! Do that! ... Go do it yourself!
End of Report

Turn 2108 complete. Turn sent to Lord Chip.
Old July 25, 2003, 07:11   #36
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

GNN-2109

Science Report

Gaiana scientists continue to be confused by alien fauna. Mind worms have attacked humans. Mind worms have submitted to human control. Mind worms have run from domesticated mind worms. The disparate behaviour leads our scientists to conclude that we are dealing with complex intelligent individuals.

What IS that thing? -- Lord Chip, Personal Journal

2109 to the Hive

Last edited by Chip_Buckner; July 25, 2003 at 16:18.
Old July 25, 2003, 22:10   #37
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

PLAH report, 2109:

It is reported that we won 1 battle although the Marshal was not entirely clear where was the enemy encountered. Chairman HongHu was amazed as well as baffled as the Hive treasury department reported the energy credit reserve mysteriously increase by 1. Notherless the morale of the PLAH scouts were raised by the victory.

2109 to University.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 26, 2003, 04:55   #38
Gufnork
Prince

Turn 2109 to Rubin
Old July 26, 2003, 05:24   #39
Rubin
staff

M.Y. 2109 Complete
Morganic Report, M.Y. 2109:
M.Y. 2109, MorganLink 3dVision News Flash: There is a growing concern in the public that Morganic economy is becoming unstable. The very basis of our society is threatened, an anonymous official says. CEO Rubin is seemingly hesitative and has not yet addressed the issue in public. Worker wages are too high and nothing has been done to improve the economic infrastructure, a critic explains. Is our economy strong enough?, seems to be the question on everybody's lips.
End of Report

2109 complete. Turn already passed to Chip.

Last edited by Rubin; July 26, 2003 at 08:45.
Old July 26, 2003, 07:51   #40
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

Military Briefing Report - 2110

Major, if the 1st doesn't make it, I'll bust you to private. If it does survive, I'm going to send you to the blackboard, where you will write, 500 times that: I shall not order units into the fungus to investigate pods unless they have backup.

2110 to HongHu
Old July 26, 2003, 11:10   #41
Snowflake
Princess

2110 Univ

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 26, 2003, 12:43   #42
Gufnork
Prince

The scout team has yet to find the pod. Travelling through this strange fungus seems almost impossible, three years has passed with no luck. I have still to receive their scientific report of the foreign flora, I await it eagerly. Hopefully that fungus won't prevent us from expanding. But we're losing valuable time trying to reach that pod! Some good news, however. Terraformer Alpha has reported that they've succesfully forested the fertile area near the western shore. Workers have relocated from the river to the forest which should increase both our industry and our food production. Things are looking up at home, which hopefully will make up for the slow rate of exploring.

Provost Gufnork

2110 to Rubin.

Last edited by Gufnork; July 26, 2003 at 12:59.
Old July 26, 2003, 13:32   #43
Rubin
staff

M.Y. 2110 Complete
Rubinic Report, M.Y. 2110:
A decade has passed and the Morganites have finally put the tragic death of Nwabudike Morgan behind them. From now on the Morganites shall be known as the Rubinites. By the end of this troublesome decade CEO Rubin requested a 1st Decade Report - partly in memory of Nwabudike Morgan, reflecting his vision of the U.N.S. Unity's (referred to as "the last hope" by Nwabudike Morgan) journey to Alpha Centauri.
End of Report

Turn 2110 complete. Turn passed to Lord Chip of the Gaians.

1st Decade Report attached below.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1st_decade_report.gif
Views:	228
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	50432  

Last edited by Rubin; July 26, 2003 at 13:43.
Old July 26, 2003, 14:40   #44
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

GNN-2111

Feature story

GNN cameras were admitted to 1-GEF 's barracks today to witness Major Leaf undergoing some sort of hazing ritual. Snickering officers would not comment as to why he was writing I shall not order units into the fungus to investigate pods unless they have backup repeatedly on the blackboard.

2111 to HongHu.

Last edited by Chip_Buckner; July 26, 2003 at 23:10.
Old July 26, 2003, 22:06   #45
Snowflake
Princess

PLAH report, 2111:

The PLAH is at its peak since the landing due to both bases finished recruitment of new scouts. Chairman HongHu asked both bases focus on colony pod production aiming new exploration of Chiron. People in the headquarter base started complaining about the Chairman's focus on military. There are no improvement whatsoever to improve the surrounding terrain, left alone people's living conditions. Chairman HongHu emphasised that the military expansion is necessary, citing the frequency of the mindworm attacks. Nonetheless, scientists in the Hive were instructed to start research toward terrain improving machinary. The Chairman also ordered two green PLAH scouts stay in the bases to act as police as well as guarding against mindworms.

2111 to Univ.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 27, 2003, 06:47   #46
Gufnork
Prince

Reports from our forward scout team returned today. And what news! A strange monolith that appears to be artificial was found where we thought the pod to be. Once they started examine the monolith the fungus field just disappeared! The area now seems extremly efficient to work on, giving us all the resources we need. It was certainly worth the four years it took to find it. We must send researchers out to investigate it at once! Maybe we can harness it's power to eliminate this fungus that produces nothing and prevents our progress. I've ordered the scout team to proceed and find more pods and I've sent scientists from Monitoring Station to investigate it further. Things are looking better and better. Only one thing worries me... Who built it?

--Provost Gufnork

2111 to Rubinites.

Last edited by Gufnork; July 27, 2003 at 06:55.
Old July 27, 2003, 07:16   #47
Rubin
staff

M.Y. 2111 Complete
Rubinic Report, M.Y. 2111:
Incoming Transmission:
- S-One: This is Scout One. We've come across another pod from the Unity. Awaiting orders...
- H.Q.: ...standby Scout One. [...] Ok, Scout One. Proceed to investigate. Excercise extreme caution.
- S-One: Orders recieved.
[...]
- S-One: This is Scout One. We have found the pod to be completely empty. No signs of anything... Wait... Don't pull that lever, private! Squad pull back immediately! It moves!!!
[...]
- S-One: Headquarters, we've accidently activated the pod's internal computer --- I think. I don't know what it is, but the noise is ... well, very loud. The pod is somehow transforming.
- H.Q.: ...
- S-One: I see a huge central tracked device. The machinery is approximately 15 meters tall! Several smaller automated robots emerging from this huge machine seem to attend the planet surface. Sir, I don't know, but... it looks like they're doing farm work!?!
End of Report

Turn 2111 complete. Turn sent to Chip.

Last edited by Rubin; July 27, 2003 at 09:54.
Old July 27, 2003, 08:17   #48
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

Gaia-2112

The 2nd GEF, consisting of mind worms, travels quickly through the xenofungus, making it an excellent scout.

--from a GNN feature story on Mind Worms

It's a good thing we have the captured mind worms to distract the people, because there is certainly nothing else going on on this planet.

--from Lord Chip's personal journal

2112 to the Hive
Old July 28, 2003, 15:01   #49
Rubin
staff

M.Y. 2112 Complete
Rubinic Report, M.Y. 2112:
The Rubinites are still working hard in their efforts to colonize Chiron. An apparant lack of mobility (and flexibility) has almost stalled all expansion and exploration efforts. Although no signs of native fauna have been reported for the past years, citizens are unwilling to leave their homes. CEO Rubin is re-evaluating the current situation - a nation wide depression is to be avoided at all costs!
End of Report

Turn 2112 complete. Passed to Lord Chip.

I've stopped reading the power graph Please inform me when things look better

Last edited by Rubin; July 28, 2003 at 16:37.
Old July 28, 2003, 19:03   #50
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

GNN-2113

The lead story tonight is the ribbon cutting for the first base facility constructed by Gaian engineers. Deirdre Skye announced that the new recycling center was a landmark event, both in preserving the planet and in increasing the resources available in the desolate rocky area.

2113 to the Hive.
Old July 29, 2003, 00:06   #51
Snowflake
Princess

2113 to Univ. Sorry my schedule was a little disrupted these couple of days. But I'll do my best to bring it back on track.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 29, 2003, 08:21   #52
Rubin
staff

M.Y. 2113 Complete
Rubinic Report, M.Y. 2113:
Inefficiency has finally struck the Rubinites. The waste, mismanagement and growing discontent have reached critical levels. CEO Rubin has responded by re-allocating the distribution of resources. The result is a sense of contentment among the citizens. However, Rubinic scientists are experiencing increasing difficulties. The economy is still heading for an all time low.
End of Report

Turn 2113 complete. Turn sent to Lord Chip of the Gaians (Spokesman of Lady Skye???).

Now on sale: The Anti-Schedule-Disruptor! [Are you having a hard time finding spare time? The ASD helps you keep track of your daily activities. You'll find that all of your efforts pay off and you'll never have to worry about schedule mess-ups. Introductory prizes are low. Contact your local psych advisor. (EC's and RM's accepted)]
Old July 29, 2003, 19:26   #53
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

GNN-2114

The ten year plan calls for substantial cultural, economic and population growth to establish, promote and preserve the Gaian civil and social structure on Chiron. Gaian information officer Deirdre Skye urged each citizen to take personal responsibility for the implementation of the plan.

--Lead news story

Lord Chip and Information Officer Deirdre Skye seem to be quite an item in the capital. Late nights in Council Chambers cause rumors of non-governmental activity to circulate through the halls.

"Not at all", said Skye, when we asked. "We are doing all that we can to promote the ten year plan. We are deeply and personally committed to promoting Gaian population growth.

--GNN Gossip Columnist

2114 to HongHu

Last edited by Chip_Buckner; July 29, 2003 at 19:58.
Old July 29, 2003, 21:46   #54
Snowflake
Princess

2114 to Univ

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 30, 2003, 05:50   #55
Gufnork
Prince

Sometimes sacrifices needs to be made. Diverting scientists into planning our economy isn't an optimal solution, but we need to make arrangements if we are to expand as rapidly as needed. And estimated increase in growth of 20% and a 10% increase in our industrial capacity is worth the loss of efficiency. For now. The costs involved in creating this change in the economy was steep, but it was necessary. Our energy reserves are once again depleted, but resources exists to be consumed. We are in a race, a race against the hidden secrets of Planet and any other survivors from Unity. If we are to create a utopia on Planet, we cannot afford to fall behind.

-- Provost Gufnork

2114 to Rubinites.

Regarding the new rules, I am opposed to any and all exploits. So there's no need to ask me.

Last edited by Gufnork; July 30, 2003 at 07:32.
Old July 30, 2003, 07:17   #56
Rubin
staff

M. Y. 2114 Complete
Rubinic Report, M.Y. 2114:
CEO Rubin is unable to prevent a total collapse in the economy. By next year the energy reserves are depleted.
End of Report

*End of M.Y. 2114 Public Announcement*
Findings during M.Y. 2114 result in the following addendum to the House Rules:
You may not use the F4 screen to change your workers/drones/specialists into non-available/non-allowed specialists.

Turn 2114 complete. Passed to Lord Chip of the Gaians.
Old July 30, 2003, 07:37   #57
Chip_Buckner
ACDG3 Gaians
Prince

It must have been a slow news year.
--Lord Chip, referring to the GNN gossip columnist.

2115 to HongHu
Old July 30, 2003, 21:29   #58
Snowflake
Princess

PLAH Report, 2115

A PLAH scout submitted a piece of scrap paper that resambles some kind of design of a device that was brought by the winds of Chiron. Chairman HongHu had studied the piece carefully but all he can make out is a few characters that reads "ASD" and it seemed to be signed by a "CEO R..". HongHu suspected that there are other suvivors of the Unity after all...

2115 to Univ

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; July 31, 2003 at 12:52.
Old July 31, 2003, 03:24   #59
Gufnork
Prince

2115 to Rubinites
Old July 31, 2003, 06:42   #60
Rubin
staff

M.Y. 2115 Complete
Rubinic Report, M.Y. 2115:
"If you marry, you will regret it; if you do not marry, you will also regret it; whether you marry or do not marry, you will regret both. Laugh at the world's follies or weep over them, you will regret both...hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will regret that; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the sum and substance of all philosophy."
-- Soren A. Kierkegaard, Diapsalmata (Either/Or: A Fragment of Life)
[Datalinks query, keyword "choice"]

Do it!, said CEO Rubin, Do it now!
End of Report

Turn 2115 complete Turn passed to Lord Chip of the Gaians.

Last edited by Rubin; July 31, 2003 at 07:22.