Old July 18, 2003, 02:28   #1
palehorse
Settler

Local Time: 05:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Argh! Argh I say!
Okay, so I'm playing a game on Cradle, 15 civs, gigantic map, second highest difficulty, 459 turns in... and when it gets to the Zulu's turn, the game crashes. I've tried it a few times with the same result. I don't really want to lose this game because I've just managed to drive the Persians off my continent after a long drawn out back 'n forth war, and my leftover army is so big (and my need for defenses now so small) that I'm preparing to invade their second continent and finish them off. This was also supposed to be the first modded game I was going to complete and/or win... a few had the same crashing problem, and a few others saw me getting brutally annihilated.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this? I apologize if this has come up already; I've read some of the archives, but you people are damn prolific.

I also want to say that some of these mods really kick ass. I've recently pulled the game out again after about a year of not playing, found this site, and now I'm hooked on Cradle and LotR. Those who have created all the mods and scenarios and such have really made this into a helluva game.
Old July 18, 2003, 03:47   #2
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 06:51
Perhaps you could post the save game as an attachment and someone could try it on their same cradle setup, to just get past that one troubled turn?
Old July 21, 2003, 02:55   #3
palehorse
Settler

Alrighty, here it is... if anyone can do anything with it, I'd be most grateful.

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/palehorse/crash.zip

I did go into cheat mode and just wiped the Zulus off the map completely, which worked... though I'd much rather kill them off the manual way. Much more satisfying.
Old July 21, 2003, 03:52   #4
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Which version of cradle is it saved in? I dont have it installed but probably best to make it clear.
Old July 21, 2003, 04:33   #5
palehorse
Settler

I have version 1.35.
Old July 29, 2003, 12:09   #6
Tomite
Settler

one way around thats worked for me is to load a crashing game straight from another game i've opened. i.e. I keep a separate game saved in its first or second turn , load it , & then load the game i want to play directly from that. maybe it will work for you..
Old July 30, 2003, 22:24   #7
marc420
Warlord

Just a related note, I've also run into a crash playing Cradle 1.35

I'm playing the long 1000 turn game. And I've learned I have to be very careful of the Science graph. Going there can crash CTP2.

The most recent crash was when I pressed the "Zero Sum Chart" button.

The reason I pressed this was the graph looked very odd. Severval civs had reached the "top" of the graph, and then had a vertical line back to the bottom.

Not a show stopper, but one people might want to stay away from if they know about it.
Old July 31, 2003, 08:41   #8
Maquiladora
Emperor

I used to get a loooooooooong freeze on pressing the science graph tab when i played cradle, it could be just a long freeze? Windows does report it as not responding, but it also reports alot of games not responding as soon as they start, pish really.

I havent worked out why the graph goes as marc420 describes, but it happens in multiplayer as well just after a resynch, which is strange for it to do it in a single player game too.