Old July 20, 2003, 23:46   #61
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 01:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Let's be honest, US army hever had a sinle such high mark during its entire history.

Ah, Serb... always good for a funny trolly statement or two .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old July 21, 2003, 00:31   #62
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Aside your troops in Afghanistan today and who hide their asses in Kabul

This is not true. Our boys are fighting in and around Kandahar all the time. Like this...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...ml?nav=hptoc_w

As for controlling the whole country, we have no interest in doing so at this time.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old July 21, 2003, 00:40   #63
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:53
Quote:
And India will go when there is UN endorsement.
"IF"

and I doubt it will happen...
Old July 21, 2003, 00:41   #64
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
Let's be honest, US army hever had a sinle such high mark during its entire history.
When your sorry little empire crumbled with the Berlin wall.
Old July 21, 2003, 00:53   #65
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

two soldiers of 101st division cost more (in terms of training ) than those 8 Russians

Very true. American soldiers are very expensive from any angle. I wouldn't have it any other way, though. We want to value our troops' lives properly.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old July 21, 2003, 02:03   #66
Serb
Emperor

Local Time: 12:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
When your sorry little empire crumbled with the Berlin wall.
little empire?
little, my ass...
Attached Images:
File Type: gif ussr_flag.gif (30.3 KB, 101 views)
Old July 21, 2003, 02:04   #67
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 02:53
Hey Serb... so where is the USSR right now?

That is right.. its gone.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:06   #68
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
little empire?
little, my ass...
that's right... little... and you couldn't even dominate your continent, svadjelitze!... the US has both North and South America in it's pocket.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:07   #69
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
that's right... little... and you couldn't even dominate your continent, svadjelitze!... the US has both North and South America in it's pocket.
Finally! You say something I can agree with!
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:13   #70
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
It's the biggest continent on Earth. And we dominated on this continent for the last 300 years, when your country didn't exist yet.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:15   #71
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
And we dominated on this continent for the last 300 years, when your country didn't exist yet.
oh please... The period you guys dominated was about 1944-1989... America is the most powerful nation the world has ever known. Even when Russia was the big kid on the block, they were still second fiddle.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:18   #72
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 05:53
serb,

Quote:
Good thing, too, seeing as how your "high water mark" involved the Red Army at the end of its manpower tether - no more replacements.

As for the US Army, it's certainly had its moment, but on the other hand, no other navy or air force in the world have dominated as much as the USN and USAF at THEIR high water marks.

Quote:
And we dominated on this continent for the last 300 years, when your country didn't exist yet.
Uh, not really. Russia was either really overrated, or not taken very seriously. Even in the Napoleonic Wars, it wasn't the Russian army, but the Russian winter, that beat Napoleon. Actually, I think Russia is probably the only great power to lose a war to every other historical great power - England and France in the Crimea, Japan in the Russo-Japanese war, and Germany in WW1, and the only reason Russia hasn't lost to the US is because the two have never fought.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:18   #73
David Floyd
Emperor

Oh, and serb, as to "what happens now?", well, I enter the thread
Old July 21, 2003, 02:20   #74
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

oh god... floyd alert! +1111!!!!!!!111!1!!!@#!!
Old July 21, 2003, 02:23   #75
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 21:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
They signed up for a job and they will have to do it. They are damn professionals and have no right to criticize superiors. I hope they do get court martials.
That's a little rich, coming from some little precious-boy too good to get ****ing blisters by joining up. You want to talk about who has no right to criticize, honey-buns?
Old July 21, 2003, 02:25   #76
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 15:53
honey-buns

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old July 21, 2003, 02:26   #77
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
That's a little rich, coming from some little precious-boy too good to get ****ing blisters by joining up. You want to talk about who has no right to criticize, honey-buns?

Quote:
They signed up for a job and they will have to do it. They are damn professionals and have no right to criticize superiors. I hope they do get court martials.
Even in the chain of command, if a superior is acting in an unethical or illegal manner, lower ranking members of the Armed Forces can relieve their superiors of duty. Authority should be obeyed... but when power is abused... authority should be questioned.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:27   #78
Giancarlo
King

Old July 21, 2003, 02:32   #79
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 15:53
One major problem the Russians have is their forces are made up of callow conscript youths who don't want to be there.

I saw a fantastic documentary about this once. It followed a group of mothers who were looking for their missing sons.

In one ambush the Russian troops blatted off their rounds at nothing until they cooked off. Then they were looking at their weapons trying to work out why they were still firing when they hadn't pulled the trigger. That said a lot.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old July 21, 2003, 02:45   #80
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
Uh, not really. Russia was either really overrated, or not taken very seriously. Even in the Napoleonic Wars, it wasn't the Russian army, but the Russian winter, that beat Napoleon. Actually, I think Russia is probably the only great power to lose a war to every other historical great power - England and France in the Crimea, Japan in the Russo-Japanese war, and Germany in WW1,
Ungratefull bastards. When some friking maniac decides to conquer the world and beats your pathetic armies, to whom you run and start begging for help? To Russia. We saved the world from three greatest dangers this world expierinced. First Mongol hordes were stoped by us. If Mongol's hordes weren't exchaused fighting with Russians they would continued their conquest to "the sea of Frank's". Then Napoleon f*cked entire Europe and invaded us with its 600 000
Grand army. About 5 000 returned from Russia with tails between their leags, beaten like dogs. Then Hitler f*cked almost entire Europe and who stoped him and his empire? Uncle Sam? Harry Potter? It was we- Russians who destroyed his Third Reich.
You put three examples of war that we didn't win. Do you have any idea how many wars we've won?
Quote:
and the only reason Russia hasn't lost to the US is because the two have never fought.
Wrong. We fought many times. USA invaded Russia during Russian civil war, after the Bolsheviks revolution. You were beaten. Also, we fought in Korea, Vietnam, in Africa, in Afghanistan, and other places.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:46   #81
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
Oh, and serb, as to "what happens now?", well, I enter the thread

Go ahead, give me that "1000 locomotives" figure again.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:46   #82
Giancarlo
King

Well the Russians were defeated by the Japanese.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:47   #83
Drake Tungsten
Deity

I'm sorry, the correct answer is...
Quote:
Then Hitler f*cked almost entire Europe and who stoped him and his empire?
USA! USA! USA!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	britneyusa.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	50158  
Old July 21, 2003, 02:48   #84
Giancarlo
King

Drake.. wow... I think you made me bisexual...
Old July 21, 2003, 02:49   #85
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
It wasn't me; it's the power of Britney.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:50   #86
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
Quote:
It wasn't me; it's the power of Britney.
To think of it... never mind!
Old July 21, 2003, 02:52   #87
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 08:53
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Michael, are you AGAIN saying that just because he's a civilian, he has no right to criticize? It's not as if he dodged the draft or something. They chose to be in the military, he chose not to, and as long as he has the choice not to go to the army, he doesn't have to be penalized because of it.

Anyway, he's a Spaniard for crying out loud.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:53   #88
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
Ungratefull bastards. When some friking maniac decides to conquer the world and beats your pathetic armies, to whom you run and start begging for help? To Russia.
Begging for help? I see. Yes, Russia has been invited into coalitions, and the most help Russia provided was not in the form of military assistance, but in the form of weather - that's what defeated Napoleon in Russia, and that's a major factor that defeated Hitler.

Quote:
We saved the world from three greatest dangers this world expierinced. First Mongol hordes were stoped by us. If Mongol's hordes weren't exchaused fighting with Russians they would continued their conquest to "the sea of Frank's".
Actually the Mongols stopped and went home because the Great Khan died.

Quote:
Then Napoleon f*cked entire Europe and invaded us with its 600 000 Grand army. About 5 000 returned from Russia with tails between their leags, beaten like dogs.
Napoleon never defeated England, and England's major general on the continent - Sir Arthur Wellesley, the Duke of Wellington - was never beaten. The British also soundly defeated the French and Allied navies and blockaded France, and prevented any possibility of an actual French victory over England (that, combined with England's domination of the financial markets and their ability to secure low interest loans).

As to the French losing half a million men in Russia, most of this was due to the weather, not actual battles with the Russian army. In fact, the Russian Army wouldn't even engage in a decisive battle with Napoleon, because the Russians knew they would lose (which they did, at First Borodino, which led to the fall of Moscow).

Quote:
Then Hitler f*cked almost entire Europe and who stoped him and his empire? Uncle Sam? Harry Potter?
Right the first time. Without the US and Brits, the Soviets would have lost, hard, but without the Soviets, the US and Brits would still have taken down Germany.

Quote:
It was we- Russians who destroyed his Third Reich.
Erm, not exactly, and what you did do, you did with tools that largely came from us.

Quote:
Go ahead, give me that "1000 locomotives" figure again.
The figure is that 85% of new locomotives came from Lend Lease sources.
Old July 21, 2003, 02:54   #89
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
oh please... The period you guys dominated was about 1944-1989...
Yeah, right. We dominated on this continent since our settlers reached Pacific ocean, hundreds of years ago. If you call an Empire that was located on 1/6 of world's terrain such SU was (currently we have only 1/7) a little empire, then it's your own problem. As for me, it's the largest continuos land based Empire this planet ever saw.
Quote:
America is the most powerful nation the world has ever known. Even when Russia was the big kid on the block, they were still second fiddle.
It's currently the most powerfull nation, NOT the most powerful nation the world has ever known.
The correct answer is Russia is the most powerful nation the world has ever known, you arrogant Yankee.
Attached Images:
File Type: gif ussr_flag.gif (30.3 KB, 67 views)
Old July 21, 2003, 02:56   #90
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
We dominated on this continent since our settlers reached Pacific ocean, hundreds of years ago. If you call an Empire that was located on 1/6 of world's terrain such SU was (currently we have only 1/7) a little empire, then it's your own problem. As for me, it's the largest continuos land based Empire this planet ever saw.
You are probably correct in terms of land area, although certainly not correct in terms of population or relative power and wealth.

Quote:
It's currently the most powerfull nation, NOT the most powerful nation the world has ever known.
The correct answer is Russia is the most powerful nation the world has ever known, you arrogant Yankee.
Come again? At what point in history was Russia ever the #1 military power? And at what point was Russia so strong as to be considered the greatest power, ever?