Old July 19, 2003, 20:01   #1
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 01:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Dr. Doom is a Bastard
SPOILERS! FOR GOD'S SAKE< DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED! like wombat.

Just got done reading FF #500, the end of the "Unthinkable" story arc.

In short summary, the story began in496 with what I thought was one of those dumbass 'Dr. Doom is really a nice guy' stories, whereby Doom tries to find his childhood girlfriend and win her back. After she falls back in love with him he kills her as a sacrifice to a trio of demons, and Dr. Doom becomes very skilled in the Arcane arts.

In the story Doom goes straight for the jugular. He semi-posses Val Richards, Reed's and Sue's second kid. He banishes Franklin to Hell. He gets the drop on Dr. Strange (much the same way Apollonius did to Golgoth in the STGOD) and when the FF show up in Latveria, he kicks the **** out of them.

The Etheral form of Strange tries to teach Reed some rudimentary sorcery. Before Doom blocks him out, Strange tells Reed that the only condition of Doom's powers is that Doom has to aknowledge his debt to the Demons.

Anywho, there's a fight scene whereby Reed uses a talisman Strange gave him to fight doom. Reed tells doom he will always beweak because his power derives from higher forces.

"Doom is indebted to no one!"

The demons open a portal and pull Doom into Hell. Reed stretches in and rescues Franklin, tells Doom he's going to spend the rest of his days forgetting about him.

Doom permantly scars half of Reed's Face.

The story was great...but the writing was better. Doom really comes across as someone who has lost whatever humanity he once had. He torments the FF and the Richards' kids. In creative horrible ways. He finds his lost love, and tearfully begs her to return, even showing her his horribly scarred face ("I've shown this to no one") when she falls back in love with him, he casually kills her in a gruesome way.

Yes, Doom is a Bastard.

Last edited by Lonestar; July 19, 2003 at 20:07.
Old July 19, 2003, 20:04   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 06:57
use the spoiler tags! no point me reading that story then.
Old July 19, 2003, 20:06   #3
Lonestar
inmate
King

Yeah, lotsa guys around here read Comics, especially the FF.
Old July 19, 2003, 20:07   #4
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 00:57
"No one rivals Doom! There is no power on Earth, no intellect in all creation, to equal mine!"

Old July 19, 2003, 20:09   #5
Lonestar
inmate
King

Well, now Doom is in Hell.
Old July 19, 2003, 20:10   #6
DinoDoc
Deity

He's already defeated Mephisto once. I don't see why he couldn't do the same again.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old July 19, 2003, 20:10   #7
Lonestar
inmate
King

These are other Demons.
Old July 19, 2003, 20:11   #8
DinoDoc
Deity

Do you play Heroclix Lonestar?
Old July 19, 2003, 20:11   #9
Lonestar
inmate
King

Nope.
Old July 19, 2003, 20:16   #10
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
These are other Demons.
Are they more or less powerful than the ruler of a Hell dimension?

PS You really should. The game is quite good from a fan boy perspective and just plain fun to boot.
Old July 19, 2003, 21:27   #11
Sultan Bhargash
Settler

Local Time: 05:57
Doom is not in hell, and not tormenting the FF either, but tormenting the FF plus one letter...
Old July 20, 2003, 02:05   #12
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Too bad the whole story is going to dissapear off the FF storyline. Didn't you hear? They fired the writer 2 months ago at least, so I'm betting that they start over again fresh and completely forget the whole thing.

The word is that the story just isn't acceptable now that they want to make a FF movie. Still, a great story altogether
Old July 20, 2003, 02:22   #13
DinoDoc
Deity

I do have to say that I am curious if they'll do anything creatively with the power vaccum this will leave in Latveria.
Old July 20, 2003, 09:37   #14
DinoDoc
Deity

bump
Old July 20, 2003, 17:52   #15
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
Too bad the whole story is going to dissapear off the FF storyline. Didn't you hear? They fired the writer 2 months ago at least, so I'm betting that they start over again fresh and completely forget the whole thing.

The word is that the story just isn't acceptable now that they want to make a FF movie. Still, a great story altogether
Yeah,I heard they'd fired Waid.

Worst. Decision. Ever.

Where, that and the Spider-clones.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:01   #16
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 07:57
Didnt we knew this already from "Marvel Sagas"?

- Paul Valery
Old July 20, 2003, 18:06   #17
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 05:57
What is this thread about?
Old July 20, 2003, 18:11   #18
Lonestar
inmate
King

Loser.