Old July 20, 2003, 18:18   #121
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 02:59
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Knevil

Like.... by throwing people from helicopters?
I do not do such things and never would think of doing such a thing. Every time I mentioned it, it included a smiliey and a joking tone.

You are too serious. I wouldn't be surprised if you would have a heart attack because of your humorless nature.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:19   #122
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 21:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Well I reported him nonetheless... proper action will be taken. He speaks falsely.
Yes, it will. I'm glad you don't presume to say for me what that proper action is, though.

and by the way....

CHILL EVERYONE!
Old July 20, 2003, 18:20   #123
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 08:59
I am cool. no need to chill me. I am having fun here.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:20   #124
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
I really can't imagine you have the gaul to say what you say.

Yes, people have the right to be voiced, and you are one of the people most likely to attack anyone and everyone who disagrees with you: you are the one likely to label people murderers, criminals, and all other sorts of things. For you to accuse anyone else of such things is hypocrasy at its greatest and most vile.
I have not denied that I did such things in the past. But I will not stand for these accusations at present. You are ignorant of what I have done to change my views. I have moderated. The political compass test as we all know is not an accurate indicator but it does show a big moderation in my beliefs.

Quote:
The langueges we speak has nothing to do with it: it is personality, which is language free. I sure you are as offensive politically to others in Spanish as in English.
Again false charges. I am not offensive. Only you have been.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:21   #125
Evil Knevil
Prince

Local Time: 06:59
Sorry.... I was just trying to be succinct and pithy.

On the contrary, I don't take life too seriously. Unlike some people who call in the moderators if a sig offends them......
Old July 20, 2003, 18:21   #126
Giancarlo
King

Sorry MtG, I did not see your post. I will cool down.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:22   #127
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Sorry.... I was just trying to be succinct and pithy.

On the contrary, I don't take life too seriously. Unlike some people who call in the moderators if a sig offends them......
This is a place of rules, not anarchy. I learned that by getting warnings in the past. You should remove that quote. Maybe I should get the rest of Spanish posters to join me?
Old July 20, 2003, 18:27   #128
Evil Knevil
Prince

Go ahead. If you all protest, I will not change it. If you spam my inbox, I will not change it. If you threaten me in every thread I make, I will not change it. If the moderator asks me to change it, I will not change it.

Oh, and as far as I know, I'm not breaking any rules, so I'm not creating anarchy by smashing up any rules.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:27   #129
Cruddy
Warlord

Evil Knevil, that sig is a troll. Don't try to deny it. Ever been to Spain? Do you get all you info from dusty history books? If you're on that much of a high horse, why not diss Rome and the Italians too?

You could at least put some sort of a disclaimer on it.

OT: I wouldn't be at all surprised to see GWB get 4 more years. I'd be much more surprised if he didn't, for reasons already stated.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old July 20, 2003, 18:27   #130
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 23:59
I stand by everything I said. Given what I feel, that was the most civil way I could do so: I do not care to fill anyone's PM boxes with somehting I think should be said openly.

I have no problem with a strict enforcement of civility, in fact, it would be greatly appreciated.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by GePap; July 20, 2003 at 18:40.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:29   #131
Giancarlo
King

Evil, we did horrible things. But we are a different country and different people. We are not the same. Those who committed those crime are long dead. Your sig is a poor troll and is not applicable today at all.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:33   #132
Evil Knevil
Prince

Quote:
Evil Knevil, that sig is a troll. Don't try to deny it. Ever been to Spain? Do you get all you info from dusty history books? If you're on that much of a high horse, why not diss Rome and the Italians too?

1/ I've had that sig for a little while, since before Fez became active again.

2/I was trying to highlight Spain's mostly 'ignored' historical crimes.

3/ I've been 5 times. Granada (then Cordoba), Costa Del Sol, Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao (but only for 2 days).
Old July 20, 2003, 18:33   #133
Giancarlo
King

I bet you hated my country as you demonstrated in the past.

Highlight crimes? Forgive them. And move on.

Why do you this? To annoy me? You are nothing but a poor troll.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:37   #134
Evil Knevil
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Evil, we did horrible things. But we are a different country and different people. We are not the same. Those who committed those crime are long dead. Your sig is a poor troll and is not applicable today at all.

.....except for the survivors from the times of the Junta?

Wether or not the crimes were committed a long time ago, they exist. Spain has not apologised. I just wished to highlight her crimes.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:40   #135
Cruddy
Warlord

Quote:

1/ I've had that sig for a little while, since before Fez became active again.
Irrelevent. Once a troll sig is complained about it becomes highlighted as a troll sig.

Quote:
2/I was trying to highlight Spain's mostly 'ignored' historical crimes.
It sounds more like an incitement to violence from where I'm sitting. You think we shouldn't ignore these events? You think we should DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEM?

LIKE WHAT? It's not going to bring back the dead, is it? And why not highlight the persecution of the Spanish by the French in the early 1800s, eh? Or the origin of the word "guerrilla"?

Quote:
3/ I've been 5 times. Granada (then Cordoba), Costa Del Sol, Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao (but only for 2 days).
Right. So you hate Spain and you've been to Spain 5 times... the most public admission of hypocrisy I've yet seen here.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old July 20, 2003, 18:43   #136
Evil Knevil
Prince

I don't hate Spain for Elvis's sake.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:50   #137
Cruddy
Warlord

Quote:
I don't hate Spain for Elvis's sake.
Then why the sig? You want it to have been aborted, to have never existed, yet you say you don't hate it.

Illogical captain.

Decision time Evil... either admit you hate Spain or change the sig - or be seen as a ****wit.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:50   #138
Evil Knevil
Prince

Quote:
It sounds more like an incitement to violence from where I'm sitting.
Where is the verb that describes any sort of action? Any action at all? .....

Quote:
You think we shouldn't ignore these events? You think we should DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEM?
LIKE WHAT? It's not going to bring back the dead, is it? And why not highlight the persecution of the Spanish by the French in the early 1800s, eh? Or the origin of the word "guerrilla"?
Why remember the Armenian massacre? I mean it's not going to bring back the dead Why remember the Holocaust? its not going to bring back the dead. Why remember 9/11? Its not going to bring back the dead.

Also, I never claimed that Spain was the worst country in the world, nor the most evil. I never claimed to hate Spain. Quit presuming.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:54   #139
Evil Knevil
Prince

Quote:
Decision time Evil... either admit you hate Spain or change the sig - or be seen as a ****wit
I hate Spain for what it did, but not for what it has become now.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:55   #140
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Go ahead. If you all protest, I will not change it. If you spam my inbox, I will not change it. If you threaten me in every thread I make, I will not change it.
Frankly, I was monumentally uninterested in this complaint, until I read this...

Quote:
If the moderator asks me to change it, I will not change it.

Oh, and as far as I know, I'm not breaking any rules, so I'm not creating anarchy by smashing up any rules.
Let's dispose of the second part first. If a mod "asks" you not to do something, that becomes a rule. Arbitrary? Yes, and your point would be?

You know I never really "ask" anything, right? A polite "request" is really just an order presented in such a way as to salve the chapped ego of the recipient of that "request." You do understand this point, I hope?

Now Ming or rah might waste time discussing and explaining, etc., but I just expect (and enforce) compliance.

So I "suggest" in a very friendly, non-threatening way, that you reexamine and correct your attitude in the post I quoted from above, otherwise, I will have to make an example of your sig. And no, I won't ask you to change it.
Old July 20, 2003, 18:59   #141
Evil Knevil
Prince

Oh, I see... your word is automatically law, I understand My response about anarchy was to Fez.
Old July 20, 2003, 19:03   #142
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

I know it was, but that "if a moderator {snip} I will not" thang just appeared to be a bit of nascent rebellion which I hope will not need to be crushed under my merciless jump boot heel?
Old July 20, 2003, 19:06   #143
Cruddy
Warlord

Quote:

I hate Spain for what it did, but not for what it has become now.
Here you a lumping an entire country together for the crimes of a few.

Stereotyping in this fashion is a sympton of an immature mind.

If you honestly cannot seperate the guilty from the innocent - please, never enter the legal profession.
Old July 20, 2003, 19:10   #144
Evil Knevil
Prince

Hmm. Fair enough, I was thinking about my phrasing. I ment Spain as an abstract entity as a 'nation'. I certainly don't mean to lump every single Spanish person together under 'murder'. I do see some Apolytoners, as well as people in the real world hate Israel and Israelis as a collective whole. I don't mean that.
Old July 20, 2003, 19:14   #145
Cruddy
Warlord

Maybe if you put it all in the pas tense it would get the meaning over...

I mean, Spain today is a fantastic holiday destination. Why put people off with the facts of yesterday, when the facts of today are so different?

Thanks for listening.
Old July 20, 2003, 19:17   #146
Evil Knevil
Prince

Oh good, we got some closure I'll try and rephrase it.

Anyway, I've finally got to get back to work. So cheerio everyone, including Fez.
Old July 20, 2003, 19:40   #147
gopher
Warlord

Local Time: 01:59
Holy threadjack, Batman!!!!

OT: Remember, we still have 16 months before the elections. A lot can happen then. The US public has a very short memory, which can hurt the Prez's chances. If the economy keeps on hurting, and US servicemen keep on getting killed, the focus will not be on the "sucessful" overthrow of Hussein, but of the failures of a resolution of the combat. Besides, it's the economy, stupid! worked in '92, when a supposedly uncharismatic and hopless Arkansas govener defeated a war-victorious moderate Republican.

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion
Old July 20, 2003, 19:40   #148
Patroklos
Emperor

Local Time: 05:59
So odd that we go from discussing Bush's reelection chances to the history of Spain and then onto the power of moderators.

Jesus people, you basically ran out all those who were having (except for a few rants) a rather good discussion, and turned it into a pissing contest over one of the most stupid things I have yet to read on these forums. I used to think the liberals I argue against were the most ignorant people around. I stand corrected.

You both seem to agree that you are adults, so how about after this post we just don't here anything else from either of you. Unless is is OT
Old July 20, 2003, 19:49   #149
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 14:59
Down with the stinking barbarous Spanish thugs who bring terror to the rest of Europe.

Of course, I'm talking about Real Madrid fans... but there you go.
Old July 20, 2003, 19:54   #150
Patroklos
Emperor

Local Time: 05:59
Bieng one of those serviceman, you are hard pressed to find any who think Bush's war policy is wrong. We all knew we would be there longer than he said because we know how this works, the comments were for civilian armchair generals who think everything is life is easy and free. If we doing the dying can handle the casualties (not that we like it, but some things are worth dying for, and if you are not in the service don't bother adding your two cents to that comment because you have no right to. No matter how much you think you do trunst me you don't. Free speech says you can say what you want, not that you should) so can you. If we think Bush is handling things IN THIS ASSPECT of his presidency well, then you should take our enlightended word for it.

Also, I find it so odd that the liberals (I say liberals because democrats are not exactly the same, they can be decent people that happen to approach things from a different direction for the most part) go on and on about our casualties and the death of our proud young men when they spit on and curse and harrange them whenever they see us (and spare the revisionist bull if your one of them, I have had the pleasure of walking by your rallies and it is absolutly true).

You actually attacked Bush for personally going to a returning ship to welcome the boys home and give them a job well done. Because of course the leader of the nation and our Commander and Chief has no buisness doing that, right? That in itself is why the Bush will win, because all his opponents have a nasty habit of shooting themselves in the head.