Old July 20, 2003, 17:23   #1
vlar
Settler

Local Time: 01:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Rally Points for Fishing Boats
I once read that you can set rally points (shift + rt click) on several resources from a building such as a dock or market and the units produced from those buildings would go to all of the different recources. I haven't tried this with markets, but it doesn't seem to work for fishing boats. I set rally points on several fishes or whales and a flag appears for each rally point (all shown simultaniuosly), but all of the boats just pile up on the last recource selected. Anyone know how to make this work or am I dreaming?
Old July 20, 2003, 18:28   #2
CEO Aaron
ACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 06:00
The stacked rally points are meant for military units to avoid particular areas on their way to the front. You're simply specifying a particular path to take, the endpoint still fixes the final destination. With docks and markets, you'll need to manually change the rally point each time you build a fisherman/merchant. In practice this isn't too hard to do, unless your map is positively stuffed with special resources.
CEO Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2003, 21:07   #3
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 17:00
Is there a setting similar to the city option to automatically go to the nearest woodcutters camp or whatever, but for the dock? If not, there should be.